• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

22 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

The question is was he Landry's pick?

Travis was still here for the AJ pick. 

Landry woulda screwed that one up. And I don't think he would have traded AJ for nothing if AJ was his pick. 

9 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

LOL exactly kg

I'm all for looking out for your players but, per my fan Tinder profile, I'm also into maximizing assets so somethings gotta give. 

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, ShayD said:

Just don't draft this guy and start dealing with another player with Family issues

image.png.9d4ace9e6729a8ce58720f84aee7890a.png

Not sure if Becky is related to him but....

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Hunter isn't leaving this offseason unless we win the trade.

We'll take a minor loss to move Capela.

We expect value to move DJM.

We need wings (see @KB21's on the subject).  We aren't moving Hunter (a quality wing) unless someone gives us something we can't say no to and we'll need a wing back in the process.  We're already down a wing with Bey right now.

Y'all have said multiple times hunter is def gone 

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

OO hasn't even unseated a declining CC yet to give him any preference on starting.  I at minimum would have an open competition but honestly, O already seems slated for a career of "stud middle-reliever". 

You could have said this about JJ and JC last year.  My only concern about OO is injury issues. 

3 minutes ago, AHF said:

I've said before and will say it again.  We should not move Hunter unless we have brought in a defensively effective big wing to replace him.  We need more wing depth on defense this year.  We don't have an abundance of it right now - just a normal amount.  Last year we were single spooled and that is a terrible place to be especially for such a critical position in the modern NBA.

When they salary dump Hunter before what you want happens, what will you say then?

6 minutes ago, AHF said:

I've said before and will say it again.  We should not move Hunter unless we have brought in a defensively effective big wing to replace him.  We need more wing depth on defense this year.  We don't have an abundance of it right now - just a normal amount.  Last year we were single spooled and that is a terrible place to be especially for such a critical position in the modern NBA.

Good back sf..but not worth his money

52 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Hunter isn't leaving this offseason unless we win the trade.

We'll take a minor loss to move Capela.

We expect value to move DJM.

We need wings (see @KB21's on the subject).  We aren't moving Hunter (a quality wing) unless someone gives us something we can't say no to and we'll need a wing back in the process.  We're already down a wing with Bey right now.

I would like to keep Hunter and have him come off the bench..with the Knicks ability to play two good wings damn near the entire game now we need bodies..and I wanna see a Zacc/Hunter/JJ lineup in a game at some point 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, thecampster said:

LOL how did I miss the Filipowski story?

1. The Duke media brotherhood have conspired to keep it out of the media.

2. Uhm ... what's the story?  I don't wanna do the twit legwork. 

1 hour ago, therealist said:

even swapping DJ for herb and capela for ayton is not competing with the celtics or knicks next year (throw in ingram for shits and gigs)

trae/kobe
ingram/bogi
herb/risacher
jalen/gueye
ayton/oo

this seems to be the best roster we could realistically assemble, and it's doubtful we'll even get there. but even if we did, this roster simply isn't good enough. might be time to rip the band-aid off now and accept a full rebuild (sigh)

I disagree…if the FO is capable of pulling this off we have a shot at being a top 5 seed. Baby steps first!

but I don’t see our FO being able to do this.

19 minutes ago, MaceCase said:

OO hasn't even unseated a declining CC yet to give him any preference on starting.  I at minimum would have an open competition but honestly, O already seems slated for a career of "stud middle-reliever". 

image.gif.1634758ae1255dd6f80f20a7838b3205.gif

Edited by JTB
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

When they salary dump Hunter before what you want happens, what will you say then?

Probably the same thing I said when they didn't leverage Washington in the draft, when they gave away JC, when they dumped Huerter, when they dumped AJ, etc.  At some point you have to make moves about winning games instead of getting under the cap.  With my luck they'll double down on it by dumping Hunter without bringing in another wing and keep DJM to drive his trade value into the dirt as he and Trae prove once again that you should not have a backcourt with no one who can guard a SG.

• Like 2
  • Sad 2