• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, Afro said:

Boy, I am confused lol. 

I originally saw Shams saying 5/270. Everywhere else Ive seen 5/224. 

Ok.

I think I know what it is. It's probably the Designated Max rookie extension if he makes Allstar or All NBA that would push it to $270, otherwise it's the $224 rookie max.

• Thanks 4

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I applaud you having the patience of Job, but for those who have already made up their mind it won't change anything. 

If LAL is waiting for the price to drop to have interest what does that mean? It means Hawks have an established price point for Trae they cannot afford. Pay it or move the hell on. I know it's July 4th, but Hawks aren't having a free for all sale.

Hawks acting independently on Independence Day… good for them

• Haha 4

3 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

I can't help but think the silence here is connected to the uncertainty in this year's roster construction

I think the silence has a lot to do with crazy reactions from anything they post.  But also seems the sources are more tight lipped this year.  

• Like 1

• Premium Member
45 minutes ago, therealist said:

no, because you have to account for both offensive AND defensive contributions. that's my point.

if someone is really really good at offense and really really bad at defense, that suggests they're in between as a whole.

it's homerism emotion to suggest trae is elite and flawless. no one in the league values trae as much as emotional trae stans. the insiders tell you that, the media tells you that, the players tell you that, the all-star voting process tells you that. sometimes you gotta get out of your feels, identify the facts, and apply a little intuition to come to a reasonable conclusion. i like trae's game, but i definitely think he's overpaid. undersized, ball-dominant point guards who are traffic cones on defense don't win NBA titles as the best players on their team. it's just a fact

No need to can people names to prove your point. Trae is a good basketball player and this is a team sport. This team should be able to take advantage of that. 

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member
48 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Trae is staring down a potential 35% of the cap contract, 

47 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Its his next contract negotiation they dont want to deal with.  You cant trade for a player like Trae as a rental.

Trae has 2 full years left on his deal, when has that been considered a rental.

A 35% veteran max extension comes with the caveat of making Allstar and/or All NBA, so if he qualifies it means it would be well deserved. No?

If not he falls in the 7-9 years of service range for a 30% max or 140% raise to his existing contract (similar to what DJ got)

• Like 2

• Premium Member
41 minutes ago, ShayD said:

I'm not saying Trae doesn't have drawbacks, but the guy is an Allstar caliber player and was even an Allstar this past season. GMs and some people are complaining about his contract. What are allstar players supposed to be making? When you have Vanvleet making 40 mil, OG making 40mil, Quickley making 35 mil, Barnes making 40 etc. Or is Trae overrated and not an Allstar player now? He is a role player now?

Edit: IT doesn't matter whether you view him as having empty stats. He still gets voted into allstar games and all star players make allstar money and GMs shouldn't complain when it time to trade for them. Or is Franz worth this money?

5 year $270 million?????    Wow

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member

Bucks open to trading Brook Lopez?

Gary Woelfel: Sources claim the Bucks are still very receptive to trading veteran Brook Lopez, but the Bucks’ asking price of a first-round draft pick for a 36-year-old center with a $23M contract is too rich. – via Twitter GeryWoelfel

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, therealist said:

how dare you say something realistically critical of absolute greatest point guard of all time

/sarcasm

How dare anyone not acknowledge the ineptitude of the FO to put a competent group around its star.   That aint sarcasm. IMG_6243.gif.8b864ade86e8de3db23073790f231126.gif

• Like 1