2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

59 minutes ago, terrell said:

Are we getting PED Ayton?

Or Normal Ayton? 

Remember how good PED Collins was?😀

giphy.gif.102ab5b42ae3f3b715028dcb97b6d8e0.gif

Unfortunate that’s on his resume …..

BUT He helped phx get to the finals after the season he was suspended for 25 games due to PED.

image.gif.6e0ea872598656486fcbabcefd6419c4.gif

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JTB said:

Very exciting news! Thank you for sharing this with us @NBASupes.

As we all patiently continue to wait, I would like to remind everyone what “expect” means….

image.thumb.png.4fb261bb7328ec869469fada24909fc3.png

Too many times we are beating up on our insiders when something doesn't end up happening rather than being thankful they shared the news. Remember that during any negotiations anything can happen! You can be 99% on something and then that 1% is enough to make you reconsider.

Anyways just remember to remain calm, respect all squawkers including the insiders, no need to call anyone out.

If it happens great! If it doesn’t, then it just doesn’t.

🍻🍾 here’s to hoping that it goes down according to plan and we bring in Ayton! I’ve been waiting on this for some years now and man would that be icing on the cake for Ice Trae era to continue.

My motto, “I ain’t see nothing, I ain’t hear nothing. What deal?”

• Like 1

8 hours ago, GameTime said:

giphy.gif

I guess my mind thought I saw 6 yrs lol. Still a good deal.

In his defense, gametime was told there'd be no maths.

These things don't happen in the Outsiders universe.... 

🫥

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

Remember our 60 win team was Al Horford and a bunch of guys off the scrap heap.  We just got to find the right formula to work with Quin and Trae.  

Sometimes an offseason that looks like a win is actually an L, hello Knicks.  We can’t worry about missing on big names.  Cutting out what wasn’t working and replacing with the right fit doesn’t always look flashy, but that’s the horse we’re riding at the moment.  Call it copium or hopium.  

We make a move today.  

Words of wisdom!

Hawks aren’t doing squat and we know that

their annual excuse to proclaim they upgrade the roster or did enough happened when the #1 pick landed in their lap

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Hawks aren’t doing squat and we know that

their annual excuse to proclaim they upgrade the roster or did enough happened when the #1 pick landed in their lap

I don’t blame you on this. In some ways, I feel the same. I hope we can at least get Ayton and another vet backup. PG. Tyus Jones is still out there and I’d love it if we could pick him up. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Bonzaii58 said:

I don’t blame you on this. In some ways, I feel the same. I hope we can at least get Ayton and another vet backup. PG. Tyus Jones is still out there and I’d love it if we could pick him up. 

There are played with “Hawks DNA” that were affordable and the Hawks could have offered and made it work.  The DJM trade was not a hindrance to getting a verbal from those players.

If they passed on those players I highly doubt they are trading for Ayton or signing Jones.

Its easier for Laundry to say “We talked and nothing materialized” which the fanbase has accepted so far (his go-to excuse, we need to hold him accountable on that)

Edited by theheroatl
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

There are played with “Hawks DNA” that were affordable and the Hawks could have offered and made it work. 

If they passed on those players I highly doubt they are trading for Ayton or signing Jones.

The Hawks can't do much until the Murray trade is complete because they are over the tax. 

• Like 1

Somewhere, in all the shuffle of posts, I have lost "the deal" that brings Ayton to Atlanta.  Would someone please repeat the details here so I can either rejoice because we get him or cry because of who and what we lost.

Thanks a lot!

:smug:

• Haha 2