• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

4 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Like I said, they can verbally agree to things since they could either rope it into the DJM trade or plan their cap post trade. 

The DJM is not a hindrance to anything.

They can't even announce anything until the trade is complete which can't be completed until today. Who's to say they haven't verbally agreed to things?

Edited by marco102
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Sixers pursuing Caleb Martin

i_5f_cf_d8_caleb-martin.png?w=190

Growing sense Kings pivoting to DeMar DeRozan sign-and-trade

i_6a_71_0f_demar-derozan.png?w=190

The Pelicans have dangled forward Brandon Ingram in trade talks, and the former No. 2 overall pick has drawn some interest, including from the Sacramento Kings. However, there was a growing sense heading into the weekend that Sacramento would pivot and try to acquire DeMar DeRozan via a sign-and-trade agreement with the Chicago Bulls, league sources told HoopsHype, and as ESPN’s Adrian Wojnarowski reported.

– via HoopsHype
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

• Moderators
1 minute ago, marco102 said:

They can't even announce anything until the trade is complete which can't be completed until today. Who’s to say they haven't verbally agreed to things?

Why can’t they announce things?  I guess we’ll find out if they have these secret agreements for deals they are sitting on soon enough.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

Why can’t they announce things?  I guess we’ll find out if they have these secret agreements for deals they are sitting on soon enough.

I don't know.  Brad Rowland was saying that in one of his podcasts. I also don't think they have secret deals. I just think they maybe adding to or from this trade and then will start making moves from there.  Smaller moves of course. 

Maybe it has something to do with the trade happening in the new league year?

Edited by marco102

10 minutes ago, marco102 said:

I don't know.  Brad Rowland was saying that in one of his podcasts. I also don't think they have secret deals. I just think they maybe adding to or from this trade and then will start making moves from there.  Smaller moves of course. 

Maybe it has something to do with the trade happening in the new league year?

Brad Rowland is clueless (in general) so keep that in mind listening to him.

As for deals, most agents leak that information (they are one of the primary sources of player movement leaks) before trades are finalized.

"Hey Woj, Brandon is wrapping into the DJM trade and is going to Charlotte for a 2nd, they are SNT into capspace, blah ablah"

Edited by theheroatl

I was pondering the potential Allen (CLE) deal and why it sorta died on the vine.  And I remembered that I forgot Allen played for Atkinson in BKN and is a really good culture guy.  No way Kenni let's them trade Allen.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I was pondering the potential Allen (CLE) deal and why it sorta died on the vine.  And I remembered that I forgot Allen played for Atkinson in BKN and is a really good culture guy.  No way Kenni let's them trade Allen.

100%

• Sad 2

19 minutes ago, tyjcdh112012 said:

Hopefully today isn’t one of those typical expect the hawks to make a move day but nothing materializes

Doesn’t mean communication isn’t happening.

4 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

2 hours to go.

I missed this…2 hours until what ? …I assume it’s when free agency officially start and teams can begin to sign players to their new contracts.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Great point! Completely forgot he played with the nets. No wonder Kenny wants to keep him at all cost 

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, KB21 said:

If the Hawks trade for Ayton, I don’t want them to say anything about Hawks DNA any longer.  Because Ayton does not have Hawks DNA.  

It's merely a rumor, not an established fact. Moreover, we desire for this team to improve and attain greatness, and at this juncture, any assistance would be beneficial.

• Like 3

Ayton’s rebounding and shooting efficiency very good.  But we’re gonna skip the bad and go straight to the ugly with his total inability to stretch, get to the stripe, or play make.  Trae needs a beast of a C who can pound and stretch (that’s what she said), or at least two guys who excel at one and the other.

Believe it or not I was a big Trae fan when he had Ded and Len stretching.  He dearly needs space to restore the confidence back in his floater, drive the hole on switched Bigs, and corral a couple more crucial rebounds.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1