• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

We don't really have any options left to upgrade the roster so arguing over Ayton is a lost cause.

Hawks won't go over the tax for him and also we can't send out Capela or Hunter in those trades due to their market being gone.

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, JTB said:

I missed this…2 hours until what ? …I assume it’s when free agency officially start and teams can begin to sign players to their new contracts.

The NBA moratorium lifts at 12:00 PM ET. That means we'll start seeing the reported deals going official.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

100%

It's heavy.  This burden I have of being right all the time. 😔

😉

6 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

Please stop mischaracterizing Ayton. He is not a cancer or the opposite of "Hawks DNA". He gets disinterested on the court when he isn't involved in the offense, and his off-the-court habits lean more toward video games than his teams would like. But he is not a locker room cancer that you should avoid when building a new culture for your team. 

Well, for me, the 'Hawks DNa' thing isn't real anyway so I don't have an issue adding a player or two that aren't "choir boys", for lack of a better word.

That said, I think the issues you mention are enough to give an organization pause w.r.t. adding ayton.  Not that he's a cancer but the fact that he seems disengaged at times and has questionable work ethic away from the game are genuine areas of concern. 

And I completely forgot about his PED suspension.  

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I was pondering the potential Allen (CLE) deal and why it sorta died on the vine.  And I remembered that I forgot Allen played for Atkinson in BKN and is a really good culture guy.  No way Kenni let's them trade Allen.

It's never really existed. Cleveland asked him if he wants to be with Cleveland long term or does he want to leave, he said he wants to stay. The end. 

• Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Ayton’s rebounding and shooting efficiency very good.  But we’re gonna skip the bad and go straight to the ugly with his total inability to stretch, get to the stripe, or play make.  Trae needs a beast of a C who can pound and stretch (that’s what she said), or at least two guys who excel at one and the other.

Hehe

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, kg01 said:

It's heavy.  This burden I have of being right all the time. 😔

😉

Well, for me, the 'Hawks DNa' thing isn't real anyway so I don't have an issue adding a player or two that aren't "choir boys", for lack of a better word.

That said, I think the issues you mention are enough to give an organization pause w.r.t. adding ayton.  Not that he's a cancer but the fact that he seems disengaged at times and has questionable work ethic away from the game are genuine areas of concern. 

And I completely forgot about his PED suspension.  

Thank you. Damn. Hawks DNA. The Hawks ain’t even got Chromosomes. Win some s@*t and you can call it whatever you want. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

On the BI side, a possible trade to SAC may or may not involve us in some fashion.

With Derozen SnT to SAC in the works I would have to think Ingram is more than likely going to CHA now.

1 minute ago, KB21 said:

Ayton would almost completely reverse the good move they made in getting rid of DJM.  

No it wouldn't. 

9 minutes ago, BangHolman said:

I'm not sure how bad I want Ayton or if it's just how bad I don't want Capela.

I think some of y'all give CC a hard time, it's just this roster is way more defensive than it has been in years. We will now need offense from the 5. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member

Is there a possibility that the Hawks delay signing JJ to his early extension similar to what the Sixers did with Maxey?

His caphold for next season would be ~$13 million as opposed to whatever his new salary +$20 - $25 mil per epuld be. Doing this saves you space under the cap to target FAs then exceed it to sign JJ.

I would like to see JJ with a repeat and improved performance this season over last year.

Food for thought.

• Like 3

Ayton puts himself before the team.  He’s a below average rim protector.  He’s not a switchable defender.  His offense is limited, and he’s not a great finisher despite his size.  He’s one of the softest bigs in the NBA.  

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Is there a possibility that the Hawks delay signing JJ to his early extension similar to what the Sixers did with Maxey?

His caphold for next season would be ~$13 million as opposed to whatever his new salary +$20 - $25 mil per epuld be. Doing this saves you space under the cap to target FAs then exceed it to sign JJ.

I would like to see JJ with a repeat and improved performance this season over last year.

Food for thought.

I don't believe that's the route they are going. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Food for thought.

Maxey was gonna get the max either way.  If Jalen signs for $24M, we got to lock that down.  That’s the difference.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

I was pondering the potential Allen (CLE) deal and why it sorta died on the vine.  And I remembered that I forgot Allen played for Atkinson in BKN and is a really good culture guy.  No way Kenni let's them trade Allen.

I’m Mel and you’re Allen. :jesus:

• Confused 1

53 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

I was

And now you just stop by to give us numbers against him. The Heat boards are recruiting folks, slide down.

54 minutes ago, benhillboy said:

Believe it or not I was a big Trae fan

We don’t need you part timers. You either rode or didn’t and you didn’t.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3