• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

• Premium Member

I just really dont like players that take plays off and turn into complete sour pusses on the court when things arent going their way.  Its why I was never on board with KAT to the Hawks but liked Gobert

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
10 minutes ago, Megaloxali said:

I would do SAC 1st and Cap in a heartbeat

I wouldn't.

Not a good use of an asset for an expiring 36 year old. 

• Like 3

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I just really dont like players that take plays off and turn into complete sour pusses on the court when things arent going their way.  

This is the biggest red flag for me. If you aren't getting the ball, I still need you to find other ways to impact the game.

4 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

What are we going to talk about when this day passes and nothing material changes? Lol

time to focus on the summer league thread

10 minutes to go.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, kg01 said:

You think we could get a 1st if we put hillbilly on the block.  Heatsquawk would overpay for him. 😇

Actually he’s worth more in this market and any as a matter of fact. He’s been great as a part time outsider but he won’t commit to the “scheme and DNA :indifferent:🧬 “ we got goin on here in the ATL.

Plus he said he likes Miami puddy :jesus:

SPUUUUUUDDDD YOU ANOOS ITS A FAMILY SHOW STF DONT YOU GET ABOUT THAT? 

I said puddy playa chill. You take that for what you want it to mean. 

Sidenote: In this day and age I’ve been noticing I have to explain my words otherwise it raises questions from folks.. 

Well question … 

one tine das all you gotta tell me mayne.. yo @Diesel how’s that Caribbean monther goin. Y’all settlin in so nice the natives are trippin 🤣 Hey, enjoy yourself but remember to raise the Hawks flag right in the sand somewhere while you out wylin doh. ✌️ 

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

It's 12:02...and nothing. I'm done with this team 🤓

Take control Jaybird, make a thread called “Welcome to the Hawks, Zach Lavine!” and watch the meltdown! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

46 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Trae made Damian Jones look like an actual NBA player.  

When Burd see’s this my friend the Warrior fan is toast. I’m telling you homie told me he was good. Having said that he probably did so due to the fact that I had gone off on each and every fake warrior fan in the group and pointed fools out.

Damian was one of the most horrific players with one of the best bodies ever, like ever.

If there is a God out there somewhere that made Damian he’s prolly thinking DA BOY WASTED HIS TALENTS! Then again he made the NBA but with that frame and height, dang bro, put like 12% effort in, he’s like the future Wiseman coming to a theatre 🎭 near you.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, KB21 said:

If the Hawks trade for Ayton, I don’t want them to say anything about Hawks DNA any longer.  Because Ayton does not have Hawks DNA.  

Do the Hawks have a DNA?  If so describe it.  Seems to me it's a throw it against the wall and see if it sticks.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Vol4ever said:

Do the Hawks have a DNA?  If so describe it.  Seems to me it's a throw it against the wall and see if it sticks.  

Hawks DNA is develop players in order to trade to larger market teams

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Well last evening NBASupes posted:

"Expect fireworks tomorrow. "

but later 

"There are a lot of teams that could be involved in our Murray trade. 

Charlotte has become a serious team for Ingram and Miles Bridges is serious for LAC. 

New Orleans is looking to remove some salary but they want some quality players plus picks. It's a lot going on, not to mention, Atlanta's Capela/Nance for Ayton is still in the works. 

This could go on till the 8th but I am being told they want to be done tomorrow. 

Ingram's ext salary request has turned some teams away. "

///////

If I don't hear anything official this afternoon, hoping for another update today if any new info becomes available

Edited by mountainjim

1 hour ago, JeffS17 said:

This feels like a really good argument to spend more on the wings then, no? Why tie up $35M in a center if Trae is going to make cheap centers very effective anyways.  To me, this is an argument for Okongwu starting more than anything.  And get a cheap defensive big as a backup.

Though Trae can make scrubs look good, it’s best to maximize his PNR partner.  I also don’t see it as spending $35M on Ayton, but more of we already spent $20M on Capela and either trade for Ayton or waste the $20M on Capela.

Don’t think Ayton is a gamer, but a lot of kids will rise up to a higher level under better circumstances.  Not convinced he’s a team cancer either.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Megaloxali said:

Is there no talk of Brook Lopez!? 

That’s what I’m wondering. 
Ayton can be a good player so if we get him then we get him I guess. But I get serious Andrew Bynum vibes from him so if we don’t get him, I won’t miss him. 

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

They want a 1st for him. He's just massively overpriced. 

But is a 1st MASSIVELY overpriced?
Who would cost more to acquire, BroLo or Ayton? 
It’s also good to consider Lopez is only $23 mil this season rather than $35 or whatever Ayton is. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mountainjim said:

but later 

Charlotte has become a serious team for Ingram and Miles Bridges is serious for LAC. 

New Orleans is looking to remove some salary but they want some quality players plus picks. It's a lot going on, not to mention, Atlanta's Capela/Nance for Ayton is still in the works. 

This could go on till the 8th but I am being told they want to be done tomorrow. 

///////

If I don't hear anything official this afternoon, hoping for another update today if any new info becomes available

Taking things too seriously is unnecessary; after all, it's just a rumor. 

Let's be patient and see what unfolds.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mountainjim said:

but later 

///////

Prolly be the 9th

8 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

That’s what I’m wondering. 
Ayton can be a good player so if we get him then we get him I guess. But I get serious Andrew Bynum vibes from him so if we don’t get him, I won’t miss him. 

But is a 1st MASSIVELY overpriced?
Who would cost more to acquire, BroLo or Ayton? 
It’s also good to consider Lopez is only $23 mil this season rather than $35 or whatever Ayton is. 

I wanted BroLo last year and still do, but I do believe a 1st I expect to convey next year in what appears to be a strong draft as too rich.  

• Like 2