• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

24 minutes ago, kg01 said:

What the what? 

Seems like Kyle has loser parents that hold judgement towards Kyle for wanting to bang out his lady that's 5 or so years older than him. 

Honestly makes me like Kyle more... I can identify with him now. 

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, AHF said:

I've said before and will say it again.  We should not move Hunter unless we have brought in a defensively effective big wing to replace him.  We need more wing depth on defense this year.  We don't have an abundance of it right now - just a normal amount.  Last year we were single spooled and that is a terrible place to be especially for such a critical position in the modern NBA.

This is the Hawks.  What in the past few years has shown you the outcome here isn't gonna be a salary dump?  Then a press conference admitting that dangling the player out there led to crap a** offers back.

Prove me wrong, AH... 

• Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

1. The Duke media brotherhood have conspired to keep it out of the media.

2. Uhm ... what's the story?  I don't wanna do the twit legwork. 

Something about his girlfriend preying on him when she was in her late 20's and he was in HS looking to ride the pro basketball gravy train.  (I have no idea if any of that is true - just what was circulated that I've seen.)

• Like 1

• Premium Member
3 hours ago, Sothron said:

More info coming in driblets:

The Hawks did have team trying to trade up including the Spurs but they couldn't agree on terms. Spurs really wanted ZR but not at the cost the Hawks had for the #1. We really want ZR and they think he has true star potential at either the 3 or the 2. 

This is great news.  It means Landry is holding firm on his valuations for players/picks.  This is probably why there has not been much trade activity since he took over.  He's new and establishing precedent that he will not cave on his valuations.

• Like 1

Just now, warcore said:

Seems like Kyle has loser parents that hold judgement towards Kyle for wanting to bang out his lady that's 5 or so years older than him. 

Honestly makes me like Kyle more... I can identify with him now. 

Ah so he out at the family reunion like, "What yall mad about?  Do yall even know what a hawk tuah is?!"

Ok, I'll have that ban now, mods... 🙂

• Haha 3

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, kg01 said:

This is the Hawks.  What in the past few years has shown you the outcome here isn't gonna be a salary dump?  Then a press conference admitting that dangling the player out there led to crap a** offers back.

Prove me wrong, AH... 

Nothing.  I'm saying what I think they should do.  They make their own choices based on their own priorities and it can lead to ugly consequences on the court.

But how dumb do you have to be to watch the team last year and not figure out that:

(1) You need more than one big wing defender;

(2) you need more than one power forward;

(3) the team is better when only one of Trae and DJM is on the floor.

Drafting Risacher and then dumping Hunter without getting another big wing just puts us right back where we were last year except this time with a teenager as the only big wing defender.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, kg01 said:

1. The Duke media brotherhood have conspired to keep it out of the media.

2. Uhm ... what's the story?  I don't wanna do the twit legwork. 

His girl is 6 years older than him, they've been dating since he was 17, in high school. Grooming, control concerns.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• Premium Member
57 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Yeah the AJ dump is just embarrassing.  The question is was he Landry's pick?   He became GM just before the draft but all signs seem to point to the fact that maybe he was already the guy at that point and Travis had one foot out the door but i don't know.

If we're already giving up on the GM's own guys then that's even worse.  It's bad enough as it is. 

This would have been Schlenks pick.  Schlenk was technically GM through December, but even the Murray trade was a week or so after that 2022 draft.

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, AHF said:

Drafting Risacher and then dumping Hunter without getting another big wing just puts us right back where we were last year except this time with a teenager as the only big wing defender.

Hunter is only valuable on paper because people love his archetype (big wing).  As soon as you dig into why people love big wings, you realize Hunter does none of those things on the court.  He's a robot out there and advanced stats will show you he has little impact.  I wouldn't be surprised if we got better with Risacher on the court in favor of Hunter from day 1.  At a minimum, I can tell Zach isn't allergic to rebounding from watching his film.

• Like 2

Just now, JTB said:

We should take bets on drafting bronny with the hawks 2nd rd pick.

i say they draft bronny out of desperation if he’s there 😂 

Outsiders already reported this is happening...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Hunter is only valuable on paper because people love his archetype (big wing).  As soon as you dig into why people love big wings, you realize Hunter does none of those things on the court.  He's a robot out there and advanced stats will show you he has little impact.  I wouldn't be surprised if we got better with Risacher on the court in favor of Hunter from day 1.  At a minimum, I can tell Zach isn't allergic to rebounding from watching his film.

I don't disagree that Hunter has not lived up to expectations but you saw how we struggled when he was hurt, right?  You can't single spool a critical position like that.  Hunter was also better coming off the bench so the idea of ZR starting and DH coming off the bench works just fine for me.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, thecampster said:

Well and he's going to Utah and they have wonky rules on all that anyway.

His brother did specifically call it Mormon grooming....

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, thecampster said:

His girl is 6 years older than him, they've been dating since he was 17, in high school. Grooming, control concerns.

yeah when I was 17 I was also getting picked up by my 6 year older girlfriend and it was awesome. You just don't tell your parents..... that's Kyle's mistake. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, warcore said:

yeah when I was 17 I was also getting picked up by my 6 year older girlfriend and it was awesome. You just don't tell your parents..... that's Kyle's mistake. 

So crazy.  If some 23yo drops by to pick up my 17yo daughter, all he's gonna be pickin is his cellmates' .... (comment redacted)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3