• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Well the good news is, the $23 mil JCE TPE has been exhausted or close to it.

Nance $11.2 + Dyson $6.0 + Lydell $2.1 = $19.3 mil. That leaves $3.7 million. (Depending in the Zeller amount).

Better news, we've created another TPE from the DJ trade ~$28 million (if the trade kicker is include, if not ~$25 million). 

So once again, we'll be the holder of the largest TPE in the NBA. 😐

Yay? 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 4

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Well the good news is, the $23 mil JCE TPE has been exhausted or close to it.

Nance $11.2 + Dyson $6.0 + Lydell $2.1 = $19.3 mil. That leaves $3.7 million. (Depending in the Zeller amount).

Better news, we've created another TPE from the DJ trade ~$28 million (if the trade kicker is include, if not ~$25 million). 

So once again, we'll be the holder of the largest TPE in the NBA. 😐

Better to have it than not but I’m game for an avatar bet for anyone who thinks we are going to use it to add a big salary.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

The pick already had a protection on it being the worst of the 2.

It’s just small stuff like this that makes me think Landry is in over his head.

I really think he could’ve pressed them to do too 1 or no protection

allowing them top 4 is ridiculous considering top 3 or top 1 is ok

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1

• Moderators
Just now, ShooterSays said:

The trade still makes us better (it would be hard to come up with one that didn’t) but it is farther from a strong return than it already was after today’s changes.  

• Like 2

1 minute ago, theheroatl said:

I really think he could’ve pressed them to do too 1 or no protection

Seriously DJM is already decked out in Pelicans gear on social media. Like f’ing press them more on this small sh*t they can’t back out at this point. 

• Thanks 2

• Premium Member

The finality of this trade shows that we did not need to wait for it to be finalized to get other deals announced if they had any intentions of signing ANY FREE AGENTS.  That wasn't part of the plan.

• Like 2
  • Sad 5

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Well, my source said the trade would be expanded and technically Cody Zeller was added so...yay confirmed intel from source? 

No, no, no.

It'll be 'we had some deals that just didn't get done'

• Sad 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No, no, no.

that did actually happen but...yes, your cynical take is appropriate when it comes to Tony Ressler.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The finality of this trade shows that we did not need to wait for it to be finalized to get other deals announced if they had any intentions of signing ANY FREE AGENTS.  That wasn't part of the plan.

That’s the real sad part for those that understand the financial aspect and the mechanics (their ability to get FA commitments beyond this trade). There were chances as we know. But alas our FO chose not to take advantage of high quality free agents.

actions speak louder than words Laundry

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, ShooterSays said:

Really? There is a lot to criticize Landry for, but top 4 protection on this pick is not one of them. Tony literally has a better chance of hitting the powerball than both the Bucks and the Pelicans being in the top 4.

• Confused 2

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No, no, no.

10000%

1 minute ago, SalvorMallow said:

Really? There is a lot to criticize Landry for, but top 4 protection on this pick is not one of them. Tony literally has a better chance of hitting the powerball than the Bucks and the Pelicans being in the top 4.

Then they clearly should’ve kept the protection off. Allowing them that is ridiculous. Clearly they won that negotiation. It’s something you push for value even though “they won’t ever be in the lottery that year”.

Its the little things, the little things

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

No, no, no.

“And since we couldn’t do any of those good deals we did the next best thing.  We acquired Zeller and all we had to give up was top 4 protection on our new pick.  I still wonder why SA wouldn’t let us protect our picks when we traded them.  I kept telling them to lighten up and just let us protect them 1-4 but they insisted on 3 unprotected picks (one swap to be fair) in a row from 2025-2027.  And if they insist what can you do other than lay down and give in?  We did it with the Spurs and we proudly did it again today with the Pelicans.  High five, Nick!”  - Laundry Fields July 6, 2024 press statement

• Sad 4