• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

• Moderators
20 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

This would have been Schlenks pick.  Schlenk was technically GM through December, but even the Murray trade was a week or so after that 2022 draft.

That's not exactly right.  The announcement was a 6/13/22, draft 6/23/22 but he officially became GM on 7/1/22

Atlanta Hawks promote assistant GM Landry Fields to general manager, sources say - ESPN

But maybe Travis wasn't resigned until later.  Certainly LF would have had a plenty of input on the pick as the incoming GM. 

• Thanks 1

A team led by a frugal owner and arguably one of the most inexperienced front offices in the league, if not pro sports. If we know that, I'm pretty sure that isn't a secret around the rest of the NBA.

The personal issues with Griffin aside and I wish him nothing but the best, this has a bad smell all over it; as in, raw catfish left on the kitchen counter while returning from a weekend bender in Vegas bad smell. 

You're telling me that these guys are going to get market-value much less win a trade for DJM, Hunter, and/or Capela? At this point, I'll be relieved if they just run it back with those guys rather than having Laundry and Mr. Ressling II play around in the real-life NBA trade machine...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Dejay said:

A team led by a frugal owner and arguably one of the most inexperienced front offices in the league, if not pro sports. If we know that, I'm pretty sure that isn't a secret around the rest of the NBA.

The personal issues with Griffin aside and I wish him nothing but the best, this has a bad smell all over it; as in, raw catfish left on the kitchen counter while returning from a weekend bender in Vegas bad smell. 

You're telling me that these guys are going to get market-value much less win a trade for DJM, Hunter, and/or Capela? At this point, I'll be relieved if they just run it back with those guys rather than having Laundry and Mr. Ressling II play around in the real-life NBA trade machine...

This franchise has continued incompetence.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, warcore said:

maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan GTFOH with this panda! Why you always so happy? It's like your name is Nick and all you do is play 2K. I have a right to be pissed because my team's front office sucks ass. They are straight up clowns. Landry showed the entire world last night that he's a clown, when he slapped the table as if he did something extraordinary with the first pick. 

Spoiler alert - he didn't do shit. 

Firstly, my name isn't Nick, and I can't play 2K because my kids might break the console.

I prefer to consider all perspectives rather than being upset about everything. I have my moments of excitement over drafts and free agency, but I try to see things from various angles. Indeed, he has the potential to become a great player eventually, and the move was cost-effective, but he doesn't fit into Quin's system, and it frees up a roster spot for a potential trade.

Ultimately, a change of scenery might benefit him in both his professional and personal life, especially as someone who has children with severe mental health challenges; this could be the best outcome for everyone involved.