• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

Kings pick is coming over in ‘25. Probably gonna be in the late teens or early twenties. I’d try my best to trade that pick with Capela to find potential upgrades.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
Just now, theheroatl said:

10000%

Then they clearly should’ve kept the protection off. Allowing them that is ridiculous.

Why? That's like being mad if your employer dropped a provision that stipulated Jeb Bush getting elected president this year means you get double salary. It's like yeah sure that could happen, but nothing worth being upset about. 

I even understand being upset that we couldn't get them to throw in a 2nd rounder after having to absorb Zeller.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, BangHolman said:

For real, how the hell do we end up with protections on that pick after doing them the favor of paying Zeller for a season.

Exactly. Taking that on should have allowed us to just choose one of the other and let them fall where they may. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

Why? That's like being mad if your employer dropped a provision that stipulated Jeb Bush getting elected president this year means you get double salary. It's like yeah sure that could happen, but nothing worth being upset about. 

I even understand being upset that we couldn't get them to throw in a 2nd rounder after having to absorb Zeller.

Pelicans didn’t give up any meat of their picks by protecting top 4. They just used assets and didn’t put any skin in the game.

DJM is at his peak on an incredible contract. Dyson and the Lakers pick is great but it’s ridiculous for them to protect their own swap pick…

kicker here…

FOR THE WORSE OF BOTH PICKS

Edited by theheroatl
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

That’s the real sad part for those that understand the financial aspect and the mechanics (their ability to get FA commitments beyond this trade).

Sometimes I wish I didn't...it's made me more cynical and skeptical.

• Premium Member
Just now, AHF said:

This is why you DONT GIVE THAT UP.  It should cost you nothing to keep it and is insulting to ask of you.  Talk about a sign of a weak negotiator.  I was hoping we might get the “worst of” removed since we were going to be taking bad salary to make the trade work. Instead and we take the bad salary and make the pick worse.  What a train wreck.

So you aren't worried about the actual results, it's the optics? I care about Landry putting more talent on the court, not finding platitudinal add-ons to trades.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Sometimes I wish I didn't...it's made me more cynical and skeptical.

1000% I see it the same way (accounting cpa background) I see the numbers and abilities they have to do things. But choose to not do it.

lest I remind everyone of 

The Steve Koonin quote…

Edited by theheroatl

2 minutes ago, SalvorMallow said:

So you aren't worried about the actual results, it's the optics? I care about Landry putting more talent on the court, not finding platitudinal add-ons to trades.

It all matters. From the smallest waiver to the biggest blockbuster.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
Just now, JayBirdHawk said:

We had a 3% chance at the #1 pick. It matters. And it's the perception of a lost negotiation.

Big difference between 3% and .00000003%. There was never going to be a scenario where that pick would convey in the top 4. Not even worth thinking about.

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, SalvorMallow said:

Big difference between 3% and .00000003%. There was never going to be a scenario where that pick would convey in the top 4. Not even worth thinking about.

Zion is out injured again, NOP loses in playin, they move from 10 to 1 in the draft.

The Dame pairing is disastrous and Giannis asks out. I'll just leave this here. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Zion is out injured again, NOP loses in playin, they move from 10 to 1 in the draft.

The Dame pairing is disastrous and Giannis asks out. I'll just leave this here. 

Very very low probability, but franchise altering bad luck if it plays out that way. And seems so pointless to even risk it when we were the ones giving up the best player in the trade.

Edited by ShooterSays
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
13 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

:blanky: :blanky:....why does this ALWAYS happen to us? I know I'll sound like a broken record, but we have ZERO bargaining power in any negotiations when it's ALWAYS about salary cutting.

What are we doing?

What's the 'WINNING' move?

Capela should be moved soon is what I'm hearing. Also heard it was multiple teams to confirm @Mikey it is 5 teams with real interest. So this should net something back for us.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
48 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Flip Capela and hand the keys to Okongwu.

A 6-8 center that's weighs about 225?  Lmao 

• Like 2