• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
45 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Kings pick is coming over in ‘25. Probably gonna be in the late teens or early twenties. I’d try my best to trade that pick with Capela to find potential upgrades.

So Fox/Monk/Murray/DeRozan/Sabonis

Will be interesting to see if that lineup can develop chemistry, especially DeRozan and Sabonis.  I think the pick will come to us but I doubt it will be in the early 20s.  I'm just not really sold on the fit, but I've never really had a great vision for how DeRozan fits into any squad.  Looked best on the Spurs

• Premium Member

Saw this:

Hawks Receive: Jordan Clarkson (2yrs $13/$14 left) and Walker Kessler

Jazz Receive: Clint Capela and 2030 second round pick

https://www.si.com/nba/hawks/news/2024-nba-trade-rumors-hawks-trade-dejounte-murray-to-new-orleans-for-larry-nance-dyson-daniels-and-picks-01j1b4sm552j

...but we’ve also heard rumors that the Jazz and Kessler might not see eye to eye exactly on some of these things. I talked about this with Andy Larsen of the Salt Lake Tribune recently and it does appear that there is a little disconnect there.

https://www.slcdunk.com/2024/6/21/24183332/nba-trade-rumor-utah-jazz-willing-to-part-ways-with-walker-kessler-offseason-2024

• Like 1

From what it seems by the posts i might be the only person that actually likes Zeller a bit lol.  Outside of last year with the Pels he has given at minnimum what Bruno has or better over the years.  His points and rebounds per actual minutes played aren't that bad at all.  He might not stay on the team but i don't hate having a legit 7 ft guy thats not afraid to bang for the boards on the team.    Another thing Cody has been descent at during his career is using his weight and size against other centers and sorta wearing them down and playing rough with them a bit.  By the time the starters come back in it makes it a little easier on them against a more worn out player.   Know this isn't anything important but it does have it's positives at times for a guy like okongwu who is smaller.

Ofcourse he isn't a great get and we could have done much better but i personally do like Zeller some and have over the years knowing his limited role.

Edited by Threezus
  • Like 4

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Saw this:

Hawks Receive: Jordan Clarkson (2yrs $13/$14 left) and Walker Kessler

Jazz Receive: Clint Capela and 2030 second round pick

https://www.si.com/nba/hawks/news/2024-nba-trade-rumors-hawks-trade-dejounte-murray-to-new-orleans-for-larry-nance-dyson-daniels-and-picks-01j1b4sm552j

What is in this trade for Utah? Not sure I understand it from their perspective.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, JeffS17 said:

What is in this trade for Utah? Not sure I understand it from their perspective.

Clearing 2nd year, $14 mil of Clarkson's salary and this:

.....but we’ve also heard rumors that the Jazz and Kessler might not see eye to eye exactly on some of these things. I talked about this with Andy Larsen of the Salt Lake Tribune recently and it does appear that there is a little disconnect there.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

So Fox/Monk/Murray/DeRozan/Sabonis

Will be interesting to see if that lineup can develop chemistry, especially DeRozan and Sabonis.  I think the pick will come to us but I doubt it will be in the early 20s.  I'm just not really sold on the fit, but I've never really had a great vision for how DeRozan fits into any squad.  Looked best on the Spurs

Monk comes off the bench. Kevin starts. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HawksNWaffles said:

We got interest from the Shanghai Sharks, Flint Tropics, The Tune Squad, Harlem Globetrotters and the Charlotte Banshees.

Don't forget the LongDongs.  Always need interest from the LongDongs. 

🙃

• Haha 4

• Premium Member
39 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Capela should be moved soon is what I'm hearing. Also heard it was multiple teams to confirm @Mikey it is 5 teams with real interest. So this should net something back for us.

Lol. Negotiating from a position of weakness. 

2 minutes ago, Threezus said:

I tell you something i really don't like though and it's this Hawks DNA crap it sounds way to damn much like that BS Falcons Filter that kept getting talked about for like 5 to 10 years that all us falcon fans use to make fun of.  But was a real thing and kept us from drafting or signing more talented players because they were a little rough around the edges. 

To their defense, one of the few times we went away from the filter, we drafted a guy who bought a HUGE picture of his grandmother on stage 😂 

1 minute ago, theheroatl said:

LOL this is our fanbase… huffing copium

Does he atleast attempt to explain how or why?  Is it just that the SAC pick will likely convey?  

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Threezus said:

I tell you something i really don't like though and it's this Hawks DNA crap it sounds way to damn much like that BS Falcons Filter that kept getting talked about for like 5 to 10 years that all us falcon fans use to make fun of.  But was a real thing and kept us from drafting or signing more talented players because they were a little rough around the edges. 

We are having a ball making relentless fun of it, so hopefully for whoever 'Hawk rep' is hanging out here:  tell Laundry to 

shut-it-down-liz-lemon-tina-fey-30rock-f

• Like 1