• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

I said yesterday that it was a disappointment that our big "win now" move from the biggest offseason ever was.... Ayton. 

Now we're on Vucevic????? 

And people still think this is a functioning FO that can even come close to a championship roster? WHAT? 🤣

Am I in wonderland? Is a giant bunny about to pop out like Ashton Kutcher and tell me I've been punked? 

Edited by Afro
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, ShayD said:

Why were the Hawks forced to take Zeller without getting an asset back?

So we could be gracious and cover DJMs trade kicker and allowing our friendly trade partners to add protection and force us to take salary in order for them to not pay luxury tax… in a nutshell 

Edited by theheroatl
  • Sad 3

22 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

So we could be gracious and cover DJMs trade kicker and allowing our friendly trade partners to add protection and force us to take salary in order for them to not pay luxury tax… in a nutshell 

giphy.gif 

^ Laundry, Kyle and Nikki right now. 

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

An offseason of Dyson and Risacher. First round picks in name only and some think we’re good. If that’s your view.. it’s cool. Please call 1888HAWKSFO for scintillating box ticket sales and a host of napkins and kool-aid for you and your family. 

I ain’t waiting till August @JayBirdHawk  This FO is unskilled. Horrible. Turrible. And lastly.. less than mid.  Let’s make a deal with Ainge. He can finish peeing on Hawks DNA. 

• Sad 3

Guess what?  Atlanta Hawks got a deal done.  They got a deal that they wanted, otherwise they wouldn't have done it!

🤔

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Sothron said:

You are wrong about salary dumps with those two. If they can't get back something of value they both stay here. We have until the trade deadline to move Capela or they could just keep him and let him walk for nothing like they did with Millsap and Horford. 

I mean, I feel like some of you guys are getting upset with us for just sharing what we are hearing. We're not the Hawks FO. Trust me. If I could force Tony Ressler to pay the LT that two wins from the Finals team would have been a hell of a lot better that summer. 

For all the snark about why we helped the Pels make that trade...they can't make the trade unless we did that. I mentioned this before: the pelicans owner, the widow, refuses point blank to pay the LT. Ressler at least pretends he will pay it. Widow Benson will not let them pay it ever. 

I we not upset with yall..we just wanted something done now instead of trade deadline..I want a spread center and ba kup point before the start of season

5 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

Guess what?  Atlanta Hawks got a deal done.  They got a deal that they wanted, otherwise they wouldn't have done it!

🤔

All they want is to stay below

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, ABH said:

All they want is to stay below

And you can prove this?  Or is this just your own personal thought?

🤔

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

You are wrong about salary dumps with those two. If they can't get back something of value they both stay here. We have until the trade deadline to move Capela or they could just keep him and let him walk for nothing like they did with Millsap and Horford. 

I mean, I feel like some of you guys are getting upset with us for just sharing what we are hearing. We're not the Hawks FO. Trust me. If I could force Tony Ressler to pay the LT that two wins from the Finals team would have been a hell of a lot better that summer. 

For all the snark about why we helped the Pels make that trade...they can't make the trade unless we did that. I mentioned this before: the pelicans owner, the widow, refuses point blank to pay the LT. Ressler at least pretends he will pay it. Widow Benson will not let them pay it ever. 

You think we keep Hunter?

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

@Sothron No one is upset with you or the insiders for the information you're sharing; it's information we're not typically privy to. However, many here will take such information as fact, even though it may only be a rumor or two. Additionally, I'm beginning to think that our frustration isn't with the Front Office. It seems Ressler is the real culprit.

Someone (be it the media, fans, or someone else) needs to understand his ultimate goal. Is it merely to sell tickets and merchandise, to receive free money from the NBA, or to win an NBA championship? If it's the latter, he should stop worrying about the Luxury Tax and Aprons and actually provide Trae with some help. But if it's the former, then it might be time to start looking for a new home for Trae and sell the team.

• Like 2

I think Daniels and Nance are really good rotational players that improve us as a team.

Is very uncertain if Daniels can develop into a bigger role player this season but just what he is today is a good fit for us, I think he is really young and should get an improvement over the years. I just want to remind people that at the same age Marcus Smart and Melton shooting numbers were much worse and today they are players we would be happy to add as defensive stoppers, he is very young, he is shooting at better percentages than them at the same age and he also adds more size and playmaking skills to the full package, we need to be patient with him but in some years we might have a real good player. I understand is not a win now move but the prize could be really big in some years.

Nance is a win now move, he provides toughness, defense and shooting to the backup PF position, this is a big improvement for the bench and might be a real underrated move. He provides higher impact than Bey and will translate in some wins for us, I am sure about that.

These 2 players have the chance to improve their numbers playing with Trae, NO lacks a true PG and Trae will provide them better looks. 

Zeller is a good veteran presence and a big C we can use for certain matchups.

The rotation still needs to be finished but is looking good for now, I think we should look for a veteran backup PG and a veteran Forward to round the team, we lack veteran presence and try to improve our starting C position, although chances are really low now.

Trae/Bufkin

Daniels/Bogi/Garrison

Hunter/Risacher/Gueye

JJ/Nance/Gueye

Capela/OO/Zeller

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sothron said:

I think I speak for most in saying any negative reaction to info is just that, negative reaction to the info.  Not an attack on the sharer.

Most just take the shared intel as entertainment, fodder for discussion. 

As for myself, I'm upset with yall for other reasons.  Like how @Sothron brought macaroni 'n cheese to the squawk cookout but it had raisins in it.  And how @thecampster said he was gonna bring plates but he brought them cheap, dollar stores ones that can't hold nothin'.  And @NBASupes brought vegan hot dogs which ... need I say more? 

🙃 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3