• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $390 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
59 minutes ago, kg01 said:

So crazy.  If some 23yo drops by to pick up my 17yo daughter, all he's gonna be pickin is his cellmates' .... (comment redacted)

fr, idk why people care less when it's an older woman. If some dude outta college was tryna go for my sister in high school, that would not be ok in any world.

Kyle got groomed by a Mormon and drafted by the jazz, his family ain't ever gonna see him again 🫠

• Like 3

1 minute ago, akay said:

fr, idk why people care less when it's an older woman. If some dude outta college was tryna go for my sister in high school, that would not be ok in any world.

Kyle got groomed by a Mormon and drafted by the jazz, his family ain't ever gonna see him again 🫠

It's actually kinda sad, to be honest.  But they let it get to this point.  Sounds like a multi-year pursuit, definite grooming. 

• Sad 2

2 minutes ago, teflondonny said:

Looks like it was done on purpose to me. Now there is an excuse not to go over the 2nd apron 

Can you explain further?  You saying they capped themselves as a way of saying "gee we can't make moves because we're capped?" 

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

Can you explain further?  You saying they capped themselves as a way of saying "gee we can't make moves because we're capped?" 

It's either that or they didn't know the rules.  Why would you cap yourself for a draft and stash 2nd round pick? They literally moved one spot

• Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, teflondonny said:

It's either that or they didn't know the rules.  Why would you cap yourself for a draft and stash 2nd round pick? They literally moved one spot

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NBA_salary_cap#:~:text=The 2023 CBA created the,of the player's first season.

Second-round pick exception[edit]

The 2023 CBA created the second-round pick exception which allows teams to sign their second-round draft picks for up to four years without counting against the cap until July 31 of the player's first season.[26]

Honestly, I doubt this pick ever affects the Hawks cap. I don't think he was drafted with that intention.

We will see what Landry says

Edited by theheroatl

Looking at this bunch right now and the old-school Wheel of Fortune giveaway (IYKYK) they might have over the summer, the Braves losing their MVP and best pitcher for the season while getting shut out by a team who might lose 110 games, and the Falcons attempting to try to be competent...

Man, it sucks being a sports fan in this town sometimes. It really sucks...

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Oh yeah…he’s so immature 😒😒😒

What ever you guys say 🤣

comments from the blazers fan base is great (assuming they are blazer fans)…I’m back to wanting Ayton on this team badly. 

This is the move Landry…go get this kid! 

Edited by JTB
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, JTB said:

I disagree…if the FO is capable of pulling this off we have a shot at being a top 5 seed. Baby steps first!

but I don’t see our FO being able to do this.

image.gif.1634758ae1255dd6f80f20a7838b3205.gif

that's what i'm saying. this is absolute best possible scenario, and it doesn't get us to contender status. being a 5 seed with no assets and thus no ability to improve the roster seems to be the ceiling within this 2-3 year window (trae's window).

i highly doubt the front office's ability to put a contender around him before he asks out publicly, and i hope the realize this too. their priority should probably pivot to maximizing the return from the inevitable trade, but will it?? i personally expect them to march on into this directionless void until house is cleared

32 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Ayton would be a terrible move.  

Yeah it would!

look at what that Bum Ayton did to Capela this season on that terrible ass Blazers team!…sho is glad Capela was able to contain him. 😒

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, JTB said:

Oh yeah…he’s so immature 😒😒😒

What ever you guys say 🤣

comments from the blazers fan base is great (assuming they are blazer fans)…I’m back to wanting Ayton on this team badly. 

This is the move Landry…go get this kid! 

I don't understand.  Ayton has multiple years of pretty bad attitude, body language, play, etc.

He's been uncoachable at times, selfish, a bad teammate, and made weird life choices off the court.

It seems he clearly plays basketball because he happens to be tall and good at it, not because he's out to win.

I'm unclear what's been missed to the point where people still want him.

If Hawk DNA is a thing, he does not fit it at all.  There's a boatload of reasons the Suns gave up on him and POR drafted over him.  It's not because he's too good. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, kg01 said:

I don't understand.  Ayton has multiple years of pretty bad attitude, body language, play, etc.

He's been uncoachable at times, selfish, a bad teammate, and made weird life choices off the court.

It seems he clearly plays basketball because he happens to be tall and good at it, not because he's out to win.

I'm unclear what's been missed to the point where people still want him.

If Hawk DNA is a thing, he does not fit it at all.  There's a boatload of reasons the Suns gave up on him and POR drafted over him.  It's not because he's too good. 

Yup. People never change.

can I ask you a question?

please watch below video at the 2 minute mark and let me know when the last time you saw one of our centers (Capela, OO, Bruno) do this to player of Jokic caliber ?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

This is worse than wanting Ingram.  

I’m sure you have nothing to worry about. We are likely done making any significant moves.

this is just conversation. Not to worry… we aren’t getting Ingram or Ayton or anyone else of significance for that matter.

• Like 1