• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

5 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Agree with everything but the last part.  I think the premise that you use the tax to turn a .500 team into a contender is flawed/wrong.  There are maybe 4 teams in the league using the tax well, and everyone else is using it wrong or not using it.  If we started to use it, it would most likely be a failure to launch.  

Teague said our owner is cool as hell.  Why do so many here think he’s Monty Burns?  Is the truth somewhere in between?

I’m personally tired of the “pay the tax” worshippers when we don’t even have a roster that justifies it.  

Never said pay the tax, if that happens that happens, but not using all the tools he has available.  For example selling off second round picks, not using all of your roster spots, or paying guaranteed money for someone like Vit at the end of the year, etc 

If he was trying to win he would maximize his opportunities to do so without paying the tax. 

Also no one is saying he has to go into the second apron on the tax

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Not that I think we are signing any, but here:

Best remaining free agents:

PG

T. Jones M. Fultz K. Lowry P. Beverley S. Dinwiddie

SG

G. Trent Jr. L. Kennard L. Walker IV J. Okogie E. Fournier

SF

I. Okoro (R) S. Bey G. Hayward D. McDermott C. Osman

PF

P. Achiuwa J. Crowder H. Highsmith T. Watford (R) M. Morris C P. Reed

C.

Metu D. Theis S. Mamukelashvili (R) M. Muscala

• Thanks 3

So, are we done making moves now, is that the outrage?

The Murray deal doesn’t change anything for me compared to last week.

Is the fear that we have no more trade options available now? 

1 hour ago, deester11 said:

It was the pompous way he handled questions two years straight like the fans were dumb and the hawks were going to look different. Like @JayBirdHawk...it's taken me a while to get here, but now that I am...show me. Not listening to the Stanford guy..Riddler...none of em. 

I cant stand Koonin, man I want to cash him ousside.

• Haha 1

hace 16 minutos, JayBirdHawk dijo:

Not that I think we are signing any, but here:

Best remaining free agents:

PG

T. Jones M. Fultz K. Lowry P. Beverley S. Dinwiddie

SG

G. Trent Jr. L. Kennard L. Walker IV J. Okogie E. Fournier

SF

I. Okoro (R) S. Bey G. Hayward D. McDermott C. Osman

PF

P. Achiuwa J. Crowder H. Highsmith T. Watford (R) M. Morris C P. Reed

C.

Metu D. Theis S. Mamukelashvili (R) M. Muscala

There are some guys we could use and sign cheap on that list, Cameron Payne, Fultz or Dwindidie as backup PG, Jae Crowder as F off the bench and I would add a stretch 5 that would be perfect fit, Orlando Robinson. Definately I would cut Zeller, Bruno, Liddell for them but none of these moves are going to happen.

1 hour ago, warcore said:

not gonna lie FQ, you sound like someone whose been tee'd up to be disappointed. 

Ha, well I’ve been a fan since 87.  I’ve either learned to deal with disappointment or to never get my hope up.  

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, AHF said:

No one is building around Nance.  He is filler who will be a nice role player at the 4 and 5 off the bench for this year and likely is gone after this year.

Dyson is the centerpiece of the deal for at least the remainder of Trae’s contract.  The Hawks are building around him given how this trade was structured and the time horizon for competing in this era of the Hawks.  It is a lot to put on his shoulders but he is a talented you player who does things we really need.  I’ve seen a lot of All-NBA defense mentions for him among fans of the trade and I hope he delivers on their faith.

Like I said in a previous post, I had Dyson as PART of a mock deal I did months ago with Herb Jones for Murray or Trae.  Not as the centerpiece. I can tell when a team is really trying to win vs a team that is in constant rebuild mode on purpose.  If they can luck out and win they will take it but they are not really trying to go there. 

I seen enough since 1978 to get a general idea on what a NBA team is doing.  For instance, the Spurs are making moves to put themselves right back in the conversation in the West.  Whether through deft drafting (taking the guy they suppose to or finding gems) to trades, they appear to be on track to getting right back into the hunt.

• Like 2

A lot of you single out one person or people in the FO..

Every move, I blame them all. I don’t sit there and pick out the angels and demons in a FO.

It’s a waste of time. They all get the blame for losing and they all get the praise when winning.

as the primary person responsible for pushing the agenda to win, it’s Landry. He is paid to be the one that puts a winning roster together. He doesn’t get a pass if he is hamstrung by finances as there can be moves made on a budget.

The fact that they weren’t aggressive with free agents like Kyle Anderson or Delon Wright leads me to believe they aren’t planning on doing the best they can as a front office.

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 2

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Why did we do this?  I know it's not much but he doesn't bring much if anything at all.  

We did it to complete the deal.

• Like 1