• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I can't see how we are with this unbalanced roster.

Need are 3rd PG, thin at SF, too many Centers.

Also the Hawks have the same number of centers on this year's team as last year

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, BangHolman said:

Did we not learn anything about trying to cover multiple positions with only 3 players last season?

What 3 players are you referring to?

25 minutes ago, BangHolman said:

And cutting Zeller and/or Liddell counts against the Cap regardless, so it's likely Bruno is the odd man out. 

I would re-sign Vit over Bey given the injury and assumed cost. It's hard to see Tony paying to cut one of the other guys, probably Liddell, to sign Bey to a bigger deal with the injury, given we're a likely play-in team.

Yeah I would agree with Vit over Bey for this season unless Bey just wants to be really nice and sign like a 3/12 deal for some ridiculous reason lol. 

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

What 3 players are you referring to?

Hunter, Bey, and JJ being the only players capable of playing meaningful minutes in the 3/4 rotation. Once they started getting hurt, it was over.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, BangHolman said:

Hunter, Bey, and JJ being the only players capable of playing meaningful minutes in the 3/4 rotation. Once they started getting hurt, it was over.

Larry Nance is here and can suck up a lot of power forward minutes.  Dyson can play at the 1 and the 3. Gueye might be playable this year as well

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, BangHolman said:

When you consistently have to slide guys up and/or down the lineup because you lack real depth, it forces the players behind them into roles they should never be in...like starting Garri Bird.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Is Bruno on the team?

Yes. Bruno has an unguaranteed contract, so technically he is still on the team as he is not currently a FA.

Hawks have to make a decision by tomorrow

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

When you consistently have to slide guys up and/or down the lineup because you lack real depth, it forces the players behind them into roles they should never be in...like starting Garri Bird.

Every team does this...I don't understand

• Like 1

• Moderators

I posted in another thread but will spell it out here.   Trae/Bogi/Hunter/JJ/Nance/Capela/OO are the only players on the roster who have been significant parts of an NBA rotation.   And 3 of the 7 are basically backup centers.  That's not good.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
7 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I posted in another thread but will spell it out here.   Trae/Bogi/Hunter/JJ/Nance/Capela/OO are the only players on the roster who have been significant parts of an NBA rotation.   And 3 of the 7 are basically backup centers.  That's not good.  

Wasn't DD receiving 22.3 minutes per game last year

• Moderators
1 hour ago, BangHolman said:

And cutting Zeller and/or Liddell counts against the Cap regardless

I will applaud Landry if he moves one or both of them to another team without attaching assets so we can get more rotation ready people in the door before we start the season.  Plenty of time for those types of moves but it will require action from the FO (and I don't mean the sign Wes Matthews kind of action from last offseason).

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, BangHolman said:

Did we not learn anything about trying to cover multiple positions with only 3 players last season?

Based on some of these fans(sic) responses, apparently not. 🫤

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Premium Member
25 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Which is exactly why Landry is prioritizing guys that can play multiple positrons!  Makes lineups much easier to craft, even with injuries.  

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

Yeah, I would consider DD someone who had a meaningful part in a rotation as well.  Nance is the biggest worry for me as to whether he can still play PF.  I am assuming he can with all my posts but if he really can't anymore then that would be a HUGE roster issue that needs to be addressed ASAP.  I am assuming if JJ is out that Nance can offer 30+ minutes of competent if not exciting play at PF and if so then that is a big improvement over our roster last year.  Kobe and Risacher will need to step up into the rotation as well and I think that is a reasonable ask of both of them.  But I'd much rather have an extra wing than an extra center.  Zeller is dead space that would be much better filled by a different type of player.

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Also Mathews was playing 26 minutes per game in Houston his 3rd year in the league

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

He's played in less than 150 games in his career.  He did avg 22 min in 61 games and has a career avg of 5 points a game.  in the pelicans lone playoff series last year he wasn't in the rotation at all.   So I consider that not signifcant but it's borderline I guess.   I do have hopes for him but hope isn't much in the NBA.