• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

But again.   Do you disagree that that's where we are?  Laying our hopes on improvement of inexperienced players?  How'd that work the last three years?  It didn't.  I hope it does this time.

last year Hawks started 3 of the top 20 worst POA defenders in the league.  This year only 1 is on the team now.  That should help Tremendously

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Peoriabird said:

The last year that Hawks started 3 of the top 20 worst POA defenders in the league.  This is only 1 on the team now.  That should help Tremendously

I agree 100%. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

The Hawks have won 45% of their game with Young in the line up and 45% without him in the line up

45% of the time..it works every time !!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Afro said:

Nobody comes to my mind. 

Just for clarity sake, I don't think DJM counts as an Allstar at all, but I've had this conversation with others who were adamant he counted. 

DJM was an injury replacement for his one Allstar appearance and has never been anywhere close to Allstar level with the Hawks. So to me, he doesn't count lol. 

To circle back around to this...

Here is a chart with every player Trae has shared the court with in his career and the total number of minutes.  Someone give me the top 5 players on the list and tell me how the team has put players around Trae to be successful.  

TraeHistoryTeammates.thumb.jpg.54e7ad9aa9d8d741cedaf6f368c8af0e.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, Afro said:

I apologize to everyone for the constant posts but this is easily my number one trigger about the hawks lol.

It's not rooted in any form of reality and is just full of bullshit NBA narratives meant to tear Trae down and take blame away from the actual people that deserve it, while propping up the "chosen children" from the rest of the NBA. 

Don't apologize on my account.... Preach on brother!

IMG_6522.gif

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

You just float back and forth between player and team like it's nothing.  

You make a claim about Trae.  Said claim is disproven.  You throw out an absurdity about Trae that can't be proven or disproven.  You get called out for it.  You then throw out a TEAM fact that is true but has no specific relevance to Trae individually.  You ignore everything else going on and attribute TEAM failure to Trae alone.

It's the very definition of moving the goalposts to put forth an opinion that can't be substantiated by facts.   

Career 43.6% from the field. Would you consider that a strong number?

Just now, ShooterSays said:

This feels like something Landry and Nick would do.

lol Ainge is playing games....

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, bleachkit said:

Career 43.6% from the field. Would you consider that a strong number?

Strong? No.  But it's also not terrible considering he take the vast majority of his shots away from the rim.    

And, of course, that one number proves nothing other than he may need to work on his shot selection.  

Edited by REHawksFan
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
11 minutes ago, ShayD said:

Gms would rather pay him or Franz or Barnes that than Trae Young though.

I think that is [delete explicative and replace with other word] incorrect.  If Trae was on Orlando or Detroit's roster and up for an extension, I think both teams would happily extend him what they are paying Franz or Barnes or Cunningham.  (Sorry I'm not coming up with who Barnes is so I'm saying this somewhat blindly on him and more focusing on these other max deals.)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think that is [delete explicative and replace with other word] incorrect.  If Trae was on Orlando or Detroit's roster and up for an extension, I think both teams would happily extend him what they are paying Franz or Barnes or Cunningham.  (Sorry I'm not coming up with who Barnes is so I'm saying this somewhat blindly on him and more focusing on these other max deals.)

Scottie Barnes.....Toronto.  All 16.6/7.4/4.7 of him.  It's laughable that he gets a max but it is what it is. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

As much as I’d like to think the Hawks will go after Lauri.. I don’t think it happens. I think Landry and crew is very satisfied with rolling the dice with this younger team plus Trae.

• Like 2

• Moderators
1 minute ago, REHawksFan said:

Scottie Barnes.....Toronto.  All 16.6/7.4/4.7 of him.  It's laughable that he gets a max but it is what it is. 

Thanks.  His inclusion does not change my view that other teams would happily pay Trae.  Not every team but far fewer teams would happily pay Cunningham than would happily pay Trae, imo.

• Thanks 1