• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

2 minutes ago, Marvin24Williams said:

Fade me if we are the team that offered 3 frps for Lauri

We already jeopardized our future once. I don’t believe it’s us. We HAVE to be smarter than that .

• Premium Member

How would Lauri even fit into our lineup long term?  Trae / Daniels / Lauri / JJ / OO?  Are we banking on our #1 pick coming off the bench?  Or being the starting SG?  I highly doubt we're in the Lauri sweepstakes. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
8 minutes ago, Marvin24Williams said:

Fade me if we are the team that offered 3 frps for Lauri

My guess is that the Lucky Charms Leprechaun is more real than that offer.  Lauri's contract this year is a great value but he is an expiring UFA which really should limit his return. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

6 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

How would Lauri even fit into our lineup long term?  Trae / Daniels / Lauri / JJ / OO?  Are we banking on our #1 pick coming off the bench?  Or being the starting SG?  I highly doubt we're in the Lauri sweepstakes. 

Daniels is not a starting SG - This a separate point but it has to be stated. 

Edited by theheroatl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guys, I know we really want to believe that we are in the mix for any and every name that comes out, but this is just likely.

We are 1 of 29 possible franchises, if you remove the Jazz from the equation, which means it’s still a 3.45% chance that we are the “one team” they are referring to.

Given our roster construction at the moment and our reluctance to swing for the fence, I highly doubt we have anything to do with Lauri or the report.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Heard there is a Hunter deal on the table that would bring back a wing on a cheaper deal and another first round pick. No clue if it’s close to happening or not 

This is all people are going to see and care about. Another deal to cut costs instead of add talent.

And we thought we were in the running for FAs this offseason? Lol

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Heard there is a Hunter deal on the table that would bring back a wing on a cheaper deal and another first round pick. No clue if it’s close to happening or not 

Sounds like 2024 version of Kevin Heurter for Justin Holiday/protected 1st.  Team gets worse.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

5 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

Sounds like 2024 version of Kevin Heurter for Justin Holiday/protected 1st.  Team gets worse.

That’s exactly what it is. Hopefully the protected first isn’t heavily protected.

59 minutes ago, AHF said:

I don't think Atlanta has that much more media love and care than Detroit.  People care about Trae, though, and really don't about Cunningham.  Trae is a lightning rod for attention while Cade is an afterthought bordering on irrelevancy for most NBA fans.

Atlanta is a college football 🏈 and Braves country kind of city 🌆 which stinks 😷 for my NBA love 💗 and is good I guess for my Braves although I never approved the move the Cobb county what kind of bs is that. 

Place like Brooklyn, the Bronx, Compton, the Bay Area, South chi town and Philly seem to produce the most ballers ⛹🏾‍♂️ and their nba teams seem to follow suite.

Knocks Nets Warriors Bulls and Sixers all seem to have passionate fans IN THE BUILDING and around town. At squawk obviously it’s different. We are crazy about the Hawks but that’s prolly 1% of our fan population.. make that prolly 3% 😢 

4 minutes ago, JTB said:

You’re going to be pissed off then cause Dyson is going to win that starter SG position.

Hope you are right. Really do that would make this summer feel a lot better that’s for sure.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
16 minutes ago, JTB said:

That’s exactly what it is. Hopefully the protected first isn’t heavily protected.

and we'll be waiting another.....

one-two-three-four-david-yost-cameo-coun

....years, for a draft pick to contribute. Meanwhile we'll be posting more 'draft pick watch' threads.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 2

Yall really falling for the banana in the tailpipe. A team with no incentive to lose is set up to be mid af and although I'm no Hunter fan, let's trade him for salary relief and Capela for even less.  Trae for better or worse should have demanded a trade as soon as Landry /Koonin and any other FO exec said, "we're going to be aggressive." They didn't lie on that. They are aggressively terrible. 

IMG_2970.gif

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

• Premium Member
15 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Atlanta is a college football 🏈 and Braves country kind of city 🌆 which stinks 😷 for my NBA love 💗 and is good I guess for my Braves although I never approved the move the Cobb county what kind of bs is that. 

Place like Brooklyn, the Bronx, Compton, the Bay Area, South chi town and Philly seem to produce the most ballers ⛹🏾‍♂️ and their nba teams seem to follow suite.

Knocks Nets Warriors Bulls and Sixers all seem to have passionate fans IN THE BUILDING and around town. At squawk obviously it’s different. We are crazy about the Hawks but that’s prolly 1% of our fan population.. make that prolly 3% 😢 

That move to Cobb has actually turned out great for the Braves and the majority of the folks that go to their games as the largest percentage of the people who attend was apparently on the north side of the city and suburbs.  

They have made a LOT of money on the Battery, and based on the way the team runs revenue neutral, the money has went back into the team as we now have a very high payroll (almost to the 2nd apron for the tax).  The more bottoms in seats and hanging out in the battery the more we can spend on players.  It is nice as a fan to feel like supporting my team actually matters in the formation of the team on the field.

(How nice would it be to know a packed house for the Hawks = more money spent on players)

The down sides of the move IMO is the taxpayers in Cobb county got shafted.  But to be fair, part of the reason the Braves moved is because the city of Atlanta gave Uncle Arthur all the dollars and Hawks some dollars for a new stadium and renovations, respectively.  That left the Braves poor owners to have to pay for it themselves but they found a way to still get someone else to pay for as much as possible.

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Guys, I know we really want to believe that we are in the mix for any and every name that comes out, but this is just likely.

We are 1 of 29 possible franchises, if you remove the Jazz from the equation, which means it’s still a 3.45% chance that we are the “one team” they are referring to.

Given our roster construction at the moment and our reluctance to swing for the fence, I highly doubt we have anything to do with Lauri or the report.

Didn't they have a similar chance to get the first pick of the draft...   My bad, forget it.

• Haha 1