• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

1 hour ago, JTB said:

I am starting to wonder if the approach is to stay semi competitive well enough to make the playoffs this season (so the spurs don’t fully benefit from us sucking ass) but have loads of cap space to use on next seasons free agency when Trae can opt out or opt in.

if you trade Hunter for an expiring contract and you keep Capela this season and just left him walk next off season that’s about 43 mil in cap space. Add Nance expiring contract and that’s another 11 mil.

so next season, we could potentially have 54 million in cap space IF we can find an 1 year expiring  contract (who’s at least a rotation wing player).

maybe that’s the new plan to retain Trae long term and truly be competitive. There are some good players in next years free agency if they do not get an extension…Ayton, Allen, Butler, Gobert, Porzingis, Randle, JJJ, Aaron Gordon…just to provide some familiar names.

And then free agency gets here and NO ONE WILL SIGN like always 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, ABH said:

A top free agent does not want to go to a team that don't win.  

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ABH said:

I was completely wrong about this. We are over the cap by 28 mil so allowing these contracts to fall off the books does nothing for us.

we either get lucky in the draft or make good trades.

10 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

A top free agent does not want to go to a team that don't win.  

We won’t have to worry about any top free agents anytime soon lol…even if they did want to play here.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, Mikey said:

I think he is more than playable and was good for the latter part of last season. Good vet who has been on numerous contending teams and in their rotation

Mmmmmm? Questions:

1. What position?

2. East or West team?

3. Is the 'cheaper' contract at least half of Hunter's

4. I'm assuming vet means not on rookie contract? At least halfway thru 2nd contract?

So it has to be a team willing to part with a first and take on Hunter's $21.6 mil and send us back a 'cheaper vet' player Who played well to end the season.  Has to be a team that is most likely under the tax. A rebuilding team won't want to give up a 1st.

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, Mikey said:

Getting off bad contracts and adding picks when you are depleted in that department is a positive no matter how you guys want to cut it

Big question: who's giving us a 1st round pick to take on our bad contract, though? Something doesn't make sense. Seems like it should be the other way. No?

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Jdawgflow said:

I do believe the Braves attendance last year was over 3 million.  So it seems millions watch them.  

I am really glad the area around the old Turner field/FCS has been revamped.  It desperately needed it.  And it has worked out great for Georgia State being able to add quality sports complexes near campus.

Seems like a win-win for everyone.

The Braves are one of the few MLB teams that do have viewership and attendance.  MLB as a whole lags behind the NFL and NBA.  If the Falcons had tried to leave Fulton County, there would have been more pushback for that reason, but not much.  Blank had to ask the NFL to help finance the Benz.  The Braves definitely weren't getting any tax dollars.  The Days of pro franchises telling local cities that they are gonna leave if they don't get what they want are over.  The local folks were like "bye" to the Braves.

The Atlanta Braves are one of the best baseball teams in America, and I wish them well. We have been working very hard with the Braves for a long time, and at the end of the day, there was simply no way the team was going to stay in downtown Atlanta without city taxpayers spending hundreds of millions of dollars to make that happen."

"Given the needs facing our city and the impact of Turner Field stadium on surrounding neighborhoods, that was something I, and many others were unwilling to do."

https://siteselection.com/onlineInsider/braves.cfm

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

I think Hunter doesn’t quite fit Quin’s prototype.  Risacher is more what he’s looking for, fluid and making quick reads.  

They had to force Hunter into read and react style of play.  

Also, like @Mikey said getting picks and off of long high dollar contracts is a good thing.  You can use picks to trade for the players you want.  How else do you think we could have 3 frp’s for a guy like Markannen?

image.gif.34437e05341c648d4b28188feb1a53af.gif

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Was thinking DFS, but BKN is rebuilding, don't see them parting with a 1st.

Maybe Caleb Martin from Philly and a first.

assuming Philly still has enough cap space to absorb the difference on Hunters contract.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JTB said:

Maybe Caleb Martin

Or his brother or both! Or a combo.. 

🤔 Coleb… 

They’re a movement by themselves but they’re a force when they’re togethaaaaa.. :huh: 🎵 💃 

Baby they goooood all by themself but we we makeeeemmm bettaaaaa.. 🙇:batman:♀️ 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Mikey said:

I think he is more than playable and was good for the latter part of last season. Good vet who has been on numerous contending teams and in their rotation

DFS?

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Was thinking DFS, but BKN is rebuilding, don't see them parting with a 1st.

Just saw this.. Me too.. lol