• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
52 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Except they have like ten firsts.  Is there a team with cap space that isn’t rebuilding?  

The Jazz took on Collins with the idea they could restore his value and flip him for a better return.  Maybe they have no market for DFS on an expiring deal and see that Hunter could be flipped in a year or two.  

The cap is gonna explode.  Hunters market could be quite strong especially if he is featured in Brooklyn for a year.

Jazz and Detroit are the only way with capspace.

UTA: $37.7M DET: $21.7M

There will be no cap explosion when the new TV deal kicks in. New CBA scales for smoothing with a max of 10% increase in cap year over year.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
45 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

Could it be Malik Beasley?  Just signed, but is there a work around?

Can't be traded for 6 months and if on a 1 year deal has an i.plied no trade clause, unless he waived it.

57 minutes ago, terrell said:

Murray posted but deleted this.. lol

GSGj-XoaUAEysnO.thumb.jpg.ce4e04b73557ac3cba1681c82e7bf26f.jpg

Dejounte literally bashed San Antonio on his way out, despite the fact that he also claims that Popovich is his favorite head coach.

It's par for the course for DJM whenever he leaves a team, at this point.   😂

And people keep wanting to tell me that HE was the guard that was best for the locker room/vibes/leadership. 

Sureeeee. 

Don't let the door hit ya DJMid

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, AHF said:

A lot of fans here are bashing him too.  It is natural after a breakup.

I don't know if bashing him is the right term.  It's more just once he isn't a Hawk, some of the blinders come off and it becomes more acceptable to discuss the reality of how he played.  Good player.  Not elite.  Didn't really make the team better.  I don't consider that bashing.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
23 minutes ago, Packfill said:

Pure speculation but George’s Niang?  Played for Quinn in Utah. Makes less and fills Cleveland’s need for big wing. 

Cavs owe their 1st round picks thru 2029 to Utah for the Mitchell trade.

7 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

DJM is this type of guy. He is a good player, he does speak a lot. It isn't really an issue. Bored fans make things issues.

I disagree. Well maybe I agree with the fact that his talking doesn't matter. 

But the "Oh I *could* have played defense, but it was everyone else's fault!" shit is super weak. 

We all saw him give zippity do dah for effort. That ain't on nobody but himself. 

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, Jdawgflow said:

Buffalo and Kansas City are other recent examples. That is terribly sad that we do this in our society and billionaires cry poor.  This is definitely a bigger issue than basketball or sports.

Definitely.  A example is how they got us now subscription chasing to watch sports.  You LITERALLY have to piece together different subscriptions to watch your favorite team because the leagues are chasing dollars all over the place with streaming.  The Falcons are gonna be on different platforms this upcoming season. They could care less about the fans they are "entertaining".   Once the NFL got away with putting that playoff game between Kansas City and Miami on Peacock, its almost a wrap now for consumers. I say almost because nobody in the media is talking about the NFL losing that recent NFL Sunday Ticket case by the way which is a huge victory for the consumers that the NFL is trying to get overturned.  

I also read a article about the "reasoning" behind the tv executives throwing huge sums of money at the pro leagues even though there is a decline in sports viewership.  They are using the pro leagues as the door to bring consumers into their core product.  For example, Peacock said that 70 percent of consumers who purchased Peacock just to watch that one playoff game between Kansas City and Miami retained their subscriptions to watch the core product.  They rather lose money on the NFL, NBA, etc. and make it back up on the core tv products.  Meanwhile, the pro leagues are getting fatter and fatter because of that.  Scrub NBA players are starting to get max deals with the loot thats flowing around.

Edited by Hawkmoor
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Moderators
13 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I don't know if bashing him is the right term.  It's more just once he isn't a Hawk, some of the blinders come off and it becomes more acceptable to discuss the reality of how he played.  Good player.  Not elite.  Didn't really make the team better.  I don't consider that bashing.  

I’m not saying all criticism of him is unwarranted.  I said we had to get rid of him or Trae due to fit before he was traded and him being gone doesn’t change a thing for me.  However, I’ve seen a trend of people pretending like he isn’t a good player such as people calling him an average player.  That is crossing into bashing in my mind since it is so clearly untrue.

If you are saying he doesn’t impact winning playing at the SG spot then I fully agree.  Jury is out on whether he can do so as a PG on a team that is trying to win.  (Spurs were not trying to win when he was there and a starter and he was used as a SG here which he can’t do).  But all indications are he can be successful at PG if you are relying on the time he was starting in that role here.

I don’t get too worked up about this stuff because it is natural to focus on someone’s shortcomings when they have left the team and see only the best case scenarios for players new to the team.  I think we are clearly seeing that play out here.  

Most basketball players have massive egos so being traded for a pair of bench players is a pretty clear sign the team viewed you as a problem.  DJM is lashing out some pointing out the team had plenty of other problems which was certainly true last year.  I’m just kind of shrugging my shoulders.

• Like 2

Upside down!  The value of 1st round picks is upside down to your finish for the prior season.  Teams in the lottery have more valuable picks than the teams with winning records.  The better your record, the further from the #1 pick you are.

When we cry about our picks that are no longer ours, remember, the better our record is, the less valuable the pick is.  If we want the Spurs to get a great pick, tank that season.  Remember, the more the Hawks win that season, the further from the #1 pick that pick becomes.

🥰

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

It's cool.  I call anybody that doesn't like me a 'casual', so u don't see the problem. 😉

There's so many layers here.

IYKYK... hehe 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, terrell said:

Murray posted but deleted this.. lol

GSGj-XoaUAEysnO.thumb.jpg.ce4e04b73557ac3cba1681c82e7bf26f.jpg

Dejounte literally bashed San Antonio on his way out, despite the fact that he also claims that Popovich is his favorite head coach.

It's par for the course for DJM whenever he leaves a team, at this point.   😂

The interesting thing about this post is it shows 1. low level of maturity by DJ and 2. High EQ by Quin.  Quin's was likely working around DJs personality to tell him his assignments are for him to save energy for offense instead of telling him "you're a dog shit POA defender".  I still wish him the best but he's really making it easy to move on quick.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

The interesting thing about this post is it shows 1. low level of maturity by DJ and 2. High EQ by Quin.  Quin's was likely working around DJs personality to tell him his assignments are for him to save energy for offense instead of telling him "you're a dog shit POA defender".  I still wish him the best but he's really making it easy to move on quick.

That's IF we even believe the coaching part. Which I highhlllyyy doubt. Dude loves to blame coaches. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AHF said:

If you are saying he doesn’t impact winning playing at the SG spot then I fully agree.  Jury is out on whether he can do so as a PG on a team that is trying to win.  (Spurs were not trying to win when he was there and a starter and he was used as a SG here which he can’t do).  But all indications are he can be successful at PG if you are relying on the time he was starting in that role here.

This is fair.  He very clearly didn't impact winning HERE in the role that was envisioned for him next to Trae.   I suppose you could argue he did impact winning, but negatively.  Regardless, I think he's a good player but not elite. 

As a PG in NO, I still question whether he has the passing and vision to really be an upper level PG.  When I watch him, I see a scoring guard that has a good handle so he gets cast in the PG role.  But I'm not sure about the vision and passing to set others up and whether that is upper level or just passable.  We'll see I guess. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

This is fair.  He very clearly didn't impact winning HERE in the role that was envisioned for him next to Trae.   I suppose you could argue he did impact winning, but negatively.  Regardless, I think he's a good player but not elite. 

As a PG in NO, I still question whether he has the passing and vision to really be an upper level PG.  When I watch him, I see a scoring guard that has a good handle so he gets cast in the PG role.  But I'm not sure about the vision and passing to set others up and whether that is upper level or just passable.  We'll see I guess. 

It should obvious by now that he doesn't have vision since there was no evidence of it while he was given the opportunity to play point guard on this roster.  I don't think i saw him complete even 1 lob the entire 2 years.  I could be wrong but at least it was fair to say that it was a rare occurrence for lob heavy team.

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

He very clearly didn't impact winning HERE

He has yet to do it in the NBA anywhere.  I don't like bashing players but he really should be a sixth man.  

• Haha 2