• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

57 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I'm developing a web series.  I'll be like Maury Povich but instead of paternity test, I'll be opening 'Hawks DNA' tests.

Kent Bazemore .... (dramatic pause) .. you do NOT have Hawks DNA!

:Baze: What?!  And I've been walking with this Hawks gear all these years?  How could you, Kyle?!

:Korver: Why you lookin' at me?

I just can't with yall today 😂😂😂. My laugh shook the room. This Hawks DNA thing ain't going away is it? It keeps me awake at night 

IMB_20200704092314_JUDB.gif

Edited by deester11
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

Dude.....the Hawks don't keep the pick.  It doesn't matter where it is.  The Spurs own it. Period.  The Hawks making the playoff isn't going to allow them to keep their pick.  

I know they don't keep their pick. This team doesn't have that much talent. The worst thing would be the be a lottery team and then sending the lottery talent to the Spurs

Edited by ShayD
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

We should be getting Powell over here.  He's just what we need.   

Josh? :indifferent:.. :batman:

15 minutes ago, Afro said:

And a beefy 7 footer for all those fetishy folks

Gimme my girf!

22 minutes ago, Afro said:

And a beefy 7 footer for all those fetishy folks

Does he have the DNA ?

5 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

6th seed baby! 🥳 

That's what I have 6th seed in the G league 

• Sad 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, REHawksFan said:

Dude.....the Hawks don't keep the pick.  It doesn't matter where it is.  The Spurs own it. Period.  The Hawks making the playoff isn't going to allow them to keep their pick.  

14 minutes ago, AHF said:

We need to be a playoff team.  I think we are as of today (even if it comes through the play-in).  

27 minutes ago, ShayD said:

I know they don't keep their pick. This team doesn't have that much talent. The worst thing would be the be a lottery team and then sending the lottery talent to the Spurs

An interesting, but never really discussed, dynamic with the spurs owning our pick is that it should have impact on what we should be doing, as @REHawksFan has said.  Not having our pick doesn't mean we need to try to contend for a championship, or push all our chips in-- it just means tanking is not an option.  If the front office decides that the best course forward is developing our young guys and getting them lots of minutes to set us up better in future years, at the cost of some wins this season, that is still a reasonable position to take.  We don't need to be a playoff team. 

What matters is continuing to do whatever possible to build the best team-- we should not be making decisions to feel better about hind sighting the trade.  The trade is done.  Sunk cost.  Where the pick lands is completely irrelevant.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

U tryin to be cute this morning? 

We have Trae, anything is possible.

I think we actually could get in 8 thru 10...possibly..we will see who we end up with to start the season

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, ABH said:

I think we actually could get in 8 thru 10...possibly..we will see who we end up with to start the season

I would not be surprised if we finish 6th seed, higher than 3 of following teams: Miami, Indiana, Cleveland, Orlando, Philly.  

Lauren L. Williams

@WilliamsLaurenL
·
20m

Landry Fields said that the Hawks are working with Bruno Fernando’s camp to extend the deadline for his guarantee date, which is today.

Replying to @WilliamsLaurenL
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

6 hours ago, ShayD said:

The only players I can think of are Levert, Okoro, Struss, PJ Tucker, DFS, Duncan Robinson?

This team is a playin team. Trading Hunter for no upgrade will make this team worse. None of those names move the needle of the goal is to make the playoffs and keep the pick. The FO has to be very careful if the goal is to not become a feeder to Spurs. None of this talk about salary dumping right now. The only interesting names are DFS or Okoro.

And unless the pick has very little protections and will almost always convey then it's not good enough.

1 hour ago, ShayD said:

You sure?  LOL

4 hours ago, AHF said:

A lot of fans here are bashing him too.  It is natural after a breakup.

Really? I havent seen that tbh.. But oh well.. lol

• Like 1