• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, ABH said:

He is dead to me

I guess...  He wears the enemy colors now, so when we see him...it's on.  Beyond that, I have no issues with DJ.  The Hawks are my team, but I enjoy basketball and I do have a list of non-Hawks that I pull for (Dame, Giannis, Jrue Holiday, Jimmy Butler) just because I like their game and attitude.  DJ is like that for me now.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Wretch said:

I guess...  He wears the enemy colors now, so when we see him...it's on.  Beyond that, I have no issues with DJ.  The Hawks are my team, but I enjoy basketball and I do have a list of non-Hawks that I pull for (Dame, Giannis, Jrue Holiday, Jimmy Butler) just because I like their game and attitude.  DJ is like that for me now.

Yeah, I think what splits people is how they felt about him before or without the rose-colored-glasses of him being a Hawk.  I'm not a huge fan of his playstyle and game, so it's easier for me to revert back to not really caring about him that much.  I'll still support him but probably not to the same extent I support guys like JC.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, REHawksFan said:

I think it's obvious what they are doing.  Not sure how anyone can't see it or understand it.  

1. Surrounding Trae with LENGTH
    • Daniels (6'8" w 6'11" wingspan)
    • Hunter (6'7" w 7'2" wingspan)
    • JJ (6'9" w 7'0" wingspan)
    • OO (6'9" w 7'0" wingspan)
    • Risacher (6'10" w 6'10" wingspan)
    • Nance (6'9" w 7'2" wingspan)
    • Mo (7'0" w 7'3" wingspan)
    • Clint (6'10" w 7'0" wingspan)
    • EIGHT guys with 6'10" wingspan or greater at the 2-5 spots
  2. Surrounding Trae with DEFENSE
    • Daniels is ELITE in POA defense (top 5 in the NBA per some metrics last year)
    • Hunter and JJ are capable defenders
    • Risacher is expected to be NBA ready from Day 1 defensively
    • Clint's predominant asset at this point is his defense
    • OO can be a solid defender
  3. Resetting the cap sheet
    • Daniels is still on his rookie deal
    • Nance is an expiring
    • Still could trade Dre for an expiring wing or a cheaper wing
    • Still could trade Clint or keep him and he's expiring
  4. Restocking the draft capital
    • Received 2 1sts in the DJM deal
    • Will likely receive a 1st for Dre if he's traded

I actually think the team makes more sense today than is has in any year since the ECF run.  Yes, they are young.  Yes, they are unproven in certain areas. BUT, they are balanced.  They are defensively minded.  They are young and still improving.  

I'm super excited about this team.  It seems obvious to me that they are significantly better than they have been the last 2 years.  If they stay reasonably healthy, they will win a lot this year, imo.  

Finally, as an aside, I think you are shorting Trae 1 year if I'm reading you correctly.  He has 2 full years and can then opt out on the 3rd year.  But I don't think he can opt out after this year.  I also don't think he'll walk or ask out.  This team compliments him so very well.  I think he'll be very happy with it.  

Capela has a 7'5 WS..

OO 7'2....

Edited by terrell
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Wretch said:

Those all suck..giannis is the only good one..jrue is ok

6 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Sounds like a none answer on whether Trae Young is the future face of this franchise

Probably depends on how this season goes....

15 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Ugh.  Who talks like that?  Do better.  This is part of your job and not a small part either. 

Landry sucks.

He sucks at pressers he sucks at completing big trades, he sucks at getting this team out of the dumpster

why can’t we have Tim Connelly 

Edited by theheroatl