• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Definitely have a lot of poster in Denial!

I don't think anyone believes that Daniels will be moved.  Nance is possible but not someone you really want to move for cost cutting purposes.  I don't know if the FO values Liddell.  I definitely haven't heard them talking about him which makes me think he was more filler than anything.  Zeller is an obvious dump candidate if anyone could be convinced to take him.

BTW - if Landry gets someone to take Zeller for a top 55 protected second round pick I will officially declare that a trade that he handily won.  So I am putting a stake in the ground that compliments are coming if we can unload Zeller without having to give up assets or take back undesirable salary.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
Just now, AHF said:

I don't think anyone believes that Daniels will be moved.  Nance is possible but not someone you really want to move for cost cutting purposes.  I don't know if the FO values Liddell.  I definitely haven't heard them talking about him which makes me think he was more filler than anything.  Zeller is an obvious dump candidate if anyone could be convinced to take him.

BTW - if Landry gets someone to take Zeller for a top 55 protected second round pick I will officially declare that a trade that he handily won.  So I am putting a stake in the ground that compliments are coming if we can unload Zeller without having to give up assets or take back undesirable salary.

How do you skip over all of the...

Posters: Hey Supes any word on a Hunter trade. 

Supes..Nope. 

Posters: well maybe a trade will be announced soon. 
Supes: They are done except maybe signing Bruno but are still looking into Ayton. 

Posters:  Does that mean a Hunter trade is eminent?

12 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Cody Zeller is a star ⭐️ 

Maybe I can 🗣️ it into existence.. 🤔 

Hopefully Nance and Co. can have career games when it's not against us this time 😄

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

How do you skip over all of the...

Posters: Hey Supes any word on a Hunter trade. 

Supes..Nope. 

Posters: well maybe a trade will be announced soon. 
Supes: They are done except maybe signing Bruno but are still looking into Ayton. 

Posters:  Does that mean a Hunter trade is eminent?

I don't see anything in that connected to Daniels.  I feel like I'm missing the thrust of your post.

If your focus is on Hunter, I remain highly skeptical of any trade idea involving Hunter that doesn't return a quality wing (and skeptical of a return of a quality wing in any Hunter trade that involves us getting a pick).  While I would be interested in moving CC, I'm not real interested in moving Hunter right now.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
Just now, AHF said:

I don't see anything in that connected to Daniels.  I feel like I'm missing the thrust of your post.

If your focus is on Hunter, I remain highly skeptical of any trade idea involving Hunter that doesn't return a quality wing (and skeptical of a return of a quality wing in any Hunter trade that involves us getting a pick).  While I would be interested in moving CC, I'm not real interested in moving Hunter right now.

My word was Denial which was a joke because @JayBirdHawk misspelled Daniels

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, Peoriabird said:

Definitely have a lot of posters in Denial!

What??? :blanky:

He made a reference regarding all the players regarding received in the NOP trade.  I listed them ALL. Good grief.

• Premium Member
21 minutes ago, AHF said:

Zeller is trade restricted until Dec 15th, so it's either keep him or buy him out to start the season.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Zeller is trade restricted until Dec 15th, so it's either keep him or buy him out to start the season.

Is that restricted as in he can't be traded at all or that he would need to waive a no-trade clause?

If we are stuck with him or forced to buy him out that is a brutal thing to have just passively taken him for no upgrade in the trade.  We don't have the cash to just cut that kind of salary and make the most of the roster this season.

Have we ever figured out why they didn't just combine our deal with the Jonas trade and avoid the need to take Zeller at all?

• Premium Member
9 minutes ago, AHF said:

Is that restricted as in he can't be traded at all or that he would need to waive a no-trade clause?

If we are stuck with him or forced to buy him out that is a brutal thing to have just passively taken him for no upgrade in the trade.  We don't have the cash to just cut that kind of salary and make the most of the roster this season.

Have we ever figured out why they didn't just combine our deal with the Jonas trade and avoid the need to take Zeller at all?

CBA rule regarding players signing new contracts trade eligibility date.

He can be bought out which reduces the cap hit - that's what the initial rumblings were.

Nope.

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

CBA rule regarding players signing new contracts trade eligibility date.

He can be bought out which reduces the cap hit - that's what the initial rumblings were.

Nope.

:ahf:

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, AHF said:

I don't know if the FO values Liddell.  

From what I've read, he was a great college player.  Starting his pro NBA life, he sustained a major injury and was just recovering at season's end.  Then he was traded to the Hawks.  I don't believe they will be in a great hurry to flush him.  He's playing for the Hawks in our Summer League games.

How good is he?  How bad is he?  Hoping to find some answers, starting Friday.  Hey!  That's tomorrow!

:smug:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Why would LF agree to take on Zeller?  I don't get this at all.....

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
16 minutes ago, terrell said:

Why would LF agree to take on Zeller?  I don't get this at all.....

Yeah.  makes no sense and seems like it's gummed up the works a bit.