• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

From what I've read, he was a great college player.  Starting his pro NBA life, he sustained a major injury and was just recovering at season's end.  Then he was traded to the Hawks.  I don't believe they will be in a great hurry to flush him.  He's playing for the Hawks in our Summer League games.

How good is he?  How bad is he?  Hoping to find some answers, starting Friday.  Hey!  That's tomorrow!

:smug:

He was someone else's second round pick that we included as part of the DJM deal.  Is he just there for salary or do we intend to keep him?  I don't know.  I am glad he is playing for the Hawks this summer so he may well control his fate here depending on his performance as well.  Definitely hope he turns out to be a gem.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
45 minutes ago, terrell said:

Why would LF agree to take on Zeller?  I don't get this at all.....

It's a question for the ages that will go unanswered.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

He was someone else's second round pick that we included as part of the DJM deal.  Is he just there for salary or do we intend to keep him?  I don't know.  I am glad he is playing for the Hawks this summer so he may well control his fate here depending on his performance as well.  Definitely hope he turns out to be a gem.

He, unlike Bruno, has a guaranteed contract. While I want to say this is an audition for him to earn a roster spot, truth is, I don’t know if we would cut him and eat the money. He may be a Hawk for at least a year.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, ShayD said:

So no Seth and no Kobe. Great

21 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

The 24-25 Hawks season has officially started everybody!!!

18 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

This shit again. Knock on wood but you know Gueye is next.

cries_thumb[1].gif?imgmax=800&ehk=OZWHcs

• Sad 2

WHAT THE F...

IF KOBE IS INJURY-PRONE early in his career this is gonna suck big time

It's another unfortunate setback for the 20-year-old, who missed extended time during his 2023-2024 rookie campaign due to a fractured left thumb and a sprained toe. The 15th overall pick of the 2023 draft, Bufkin appeared in just 17 games for the Hawks last season, averaging 4.8 PPG, 1.9 RPG and 1.6 APG in 11.5 MPG

Bufkin missed most of his high school senior year with a hairline fracture in his left wrist which he suffered in a game against Catholic Central. The fracture was fortunately on his non shooting hand. 

Edited by theheroatl
  • Sad 4

1 minute ago, theheroatl said:

WHAT THE F...

IF KOBE IS INJURY-PRONE early in his career this is gonna suck big time

It's another unfortunate setback for the 20-year-old, who missed extended time during his 2023-2024 rookie campaign due to a fractured left thumb and a sprained toe. The 15th overall pick of the 2023 draft, Bufkin appeared in just 17 games for the Hawks last season, averaging 4.8 PPG, 1.9 RPG and 1.6 APG in 11.5 MPG

We need to sign a reliable PG option ASAP!!! I like Kobes game, but the kid can’t be our only backup PG option if he can’t avoid these injuries that hold him out for weeks at a time.

We needed a Vet as insurance but now we desperately need to make sure we have a 3rd playable PG on a garunteed contract.

We have 4 centers, 4 PFs, a bunch of interchangeable wings, and (2) true PG’s even though Kobe is technically a combo. Landry, do not get caught with your pants down again. Do not wait until midseason to realize that the roster has holes. Get ahead of this now!

• Like 2

• Moderators
3 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

We need to sign a reliable PG option ASAP!!! I like Kobes game, but the kid can’t be our only backup PG option if he can’t avoid these injuries that hold him out for weeks at a time.

We needed a Vet as insurance but now we desperately need to make sure we have a 3rd playable PG on a garunteed contract.

We have 4 centers, 4 PFs, a bunch of interchangeable wings, and (2) true PG’s even though Kobe is technically a combo. Landry, do not get caught with your pants down again. Do not wait until midseason to realize that the roster has holes. Get ahead of this now!

I don't disagree but Daniels can play PG.   And not sure who the 4 PFs are.  JJ,Nance and i guess Gueye.   Who else?

• Like 2

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

CC ($22.2) for Malcolm Brogdon ($22.5) (yes I know he is also injury prone)...then see what it would take to get Nick Richards ($5) from the HorCats.

• Like 2

If Landry truly cared about the Hawks winning or moving in a positive direction, there was plenty of great vet PG options available early in FA.

We're just gonna see Trent Forrest with extended minutes aren't we

Edited by theheroatl
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

1 minute ago, macdaddy said:

I don't disagree but Daniels can play PG.   And not sure who the 4 PFs are.  JJ,Nance and i guess Gueye.   Who else?

This is how I see it:

SF/PF - Gueye

PF - JJ, Liddell

PF/C - Nance

C - CC, OO, Bruno, Zeller

• Like 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

If Landry truly cared about the Hawks winning or moving in a positive direction, there was plenty of great vet PG options available early in FA.

We're just gonna see Trent Forrest with extended minutes aren't we

Who do want from the 'best available'

PG

T. Jones - he is/was looking for a starting gig.

M. Fultz K.

Lowry

P. Beverley

S. Dinwiddie

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

This is how I see it:

SF/PF - Gueye

PF - JJ, Liddell

PF/C - Nance

C - CC, OO, Bruno, Zeller

We know CC, OO, Bruno, and Zeller are not good PF's..

The only one with potential is OO with 3 point shooting POTENTIAL.

Gueye is just not a SF. JJ is more of a SF than Gueye.

Anyway... I see this as our true depth chart as of right now

SF - Hunter, JJ, or Risacher
PF - JJ, Nance, or Gueye
Center - Capela, OO, Bruno, Zeller

3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Who do want from the 'best available'

PG

T. Jones - he is/was looking for a starting gig.

M. Fultz K.

Lowry

P. Beverley

S. Dinwiddie

Jones or Bev

Neither is Hawks DNA lol

Edited by theheroatl