• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

I think the price for Ayton is going to be very, very low.  Portland will take the best offer but if the best offer is just getting rid of his salary they will take that too and everyone knows it.

Hawks won’t be making that offer because for some reason they haven’t been able to do those sort of trades before another team gets their act together and makes something work that works in their favor.

Trae deserves every bit of his contract. He has at least made Allstar games and All NBA. These guys have not done anything and are getting 35-40mil thrown at them and some say Trae deserves less than 25?

Also if DJM returns less than 3frps worth of value then the FO has failed

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, BangHolman said:

It's wild that THJ's value is higher than what we were told DJM's was at the deadline by a two more 2nds.

They had to send out picks for Detroit to take him.   i think.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, BangHolman said:

It's wild that THJ's value is higher than what we were told DJM's was at the deadline by a two more 2nds.

Huh? The Hawks were asking for two 1sts and a quality role player 

Edited by NBASupes
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, AHF said:

Repeat a lie often enough and a lot of people believe it.  A sadly proven fact.  Don't let them use it against you Landry!  Push back when those lies start floating around our Hawks.

Landry absolutely needs to push back! If he’s incapable, then we need someone else in that front office to do it. It just seems like this FO right now has no back bone and that may be a reflection of the Ressler environment.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NBASupes said:

I've always liked the fit of Ayton with Trae. He's always been an excellent PnR finisher and screener, can space the floor, he communicated well during the Finals run with the Suns. 

That said, i was never a fan of his up and down motivation. Capela in always motivated even if he's physically struggling. Ayton is one of those guys, things around him have to be right and he must feel good personally. That said, Atlanta with Trae and Quin could be a hit. Ayton did finally adjust in the 2nd half of last year and really looked good. A Capela centric for Ayton deal works. 

fanspo-nba-trade-machine-snap_6-28-2024_6-44-38AM.png

This isn't a "buy low" deal at all.

Especially if the significant market for Capela is true like yall say it is

Were you not the one yesterday tbat said Capela has more value than Ayton? Might have been another in insider. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

Yes, but if I recall the underwhelming offers received included Grimes and SRP.

Which why he wasn't dealt. We stuck to our guns.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

He may be referring to what some folks here said/thought we could get for DJ.

Eta. Also seems a lot of other team fans figured DJ could be had for less than that. 

Edited by kg01

18 minutes ago, JTB said:

Sadly I don’t either! Not to be a downer but I don’t believe in Landry and his team just yet. Landry has made some good contract negotiations but there’s still something missing about him being a GM.

Landry can very well be brilliant and all that, but I agree, so far he has not shown the ability to execute the kind of trades needed to improve a team with limited cap and roster flexibility. I don’t think it’s an easy ask by any means, but it’s our reality.

We need him to have imagination, instinct and assertiveness. Right now we just seem to be waffling and regressing to the kind of low level team building that we had in the late 90’s early 2000’s.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Afro said:

This isn't a "buy low" deal at all.

Especially if the significant market for Capela is true like yall say it is

Were you not the one yesterday tbat said Capela has more value than Ayton? Might have been another in insider. 

I agree — This doesn’t sound like a “buy low” offer.  Also, I’d be a bit guilty sending Capela to such a bad team.  We should get something  else out of this deal.

1 minute ago, Hawkish said:

I agree — This doesn’t sound like a “buy low” offer.  Also, I’d be a bit guilty sending Capela to such a bad team.  We should get something  else out of this deal.

This is the problem with the hawks front office. Always trying to be the nice guys!…Capela is a shell of himself and he has 1 year left on his contract.

ship his ass off to the blazers and get ayton. We gotta stop trying to take care of everyone else and then us last.

it’s a business and these players understand that.

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, ShayD said:

I remember Grimes and like 2 fake firsts or so from the knicks

I misread the deal I though Detroit was sending the picks along with Grimes for THJ, not the other way around.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, NBASupes said:

He obviously doesn't. Murray trade value is significantly higher than Ayton. Capela trade value is higher than Ayton and Murray trade value is significantly higher than CC

Yeah here it is..... 

How the heck does this match with a Capela AND Hunter trade? 

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, AHF said:

This is why the idea that NBA GMs think Trae should earn less than $25M is ridiculous to me.  I don't believe it for a second.

Quickly at $35M per year is a tough pill to swallow for sure, though.  He is good but needs to level up to have a prayer at justifying that.  But scorers get paid.  (Keep that in mind with Ingram.)

Yeah less than $25M is nuts lol Quickly is going to be at ~20% of the cap throughout this contract.  That feels like decent value for a young player that is already good and can continue improving.  Trae will potentially be at 35% of the cap soon, but at least 30% of the cap, so I can understand the hesitancy from teams here.  $25M doesn't pass the sniff test though-- that's only like 15% of the cap space.  If he was on that contract, he would be one of the most valuable players in the league.

33 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

😶😶  

Him earning more annually than Murray is crazy! If the Hawks play their cards right they may actually be able to break even on the Murray trade...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1