• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

• Premium Member

Is there a way to do a SnT with the Wiz that includes the recently signed Bey and CC to Wiz, Hawks get Tyus and Nick Richards with 'something' to Charlotte? Might be too late for a Bey SnT.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
4 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Gueye is just not a SF.

Unless he has bulked up, he still plays a lot on the wing.  He said as much last year before and after summer leauge that they wanted him playing on the wing instead on down low.

• Premium Member

If Trae gets hurt we will probably give away Cooper Flagg to the Spurs.

We need to sign a PG asap.  We probably won't though.

• Sad 1

35 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I don't disagree but Daniels can play PG.   And not sure who the 4 PFs are.  JJ,Nance and i guess Gueye.   Who else?

Yeah but, as we learned with Murray, there's a big difference between "being" a PG and "being able to play" PG.

True that DD has PG skills tho. Was hoping they'd be used as an additional playmaker on the floor and not as 'the' playmaker on the floor. 

32 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

If Landry truly cared about the Hawks winning or moving in a positive direction, there was plenty of great vet PG options available early in FA.

We're just gonna see Trent Forrest with extended minutes aren't we

No worries, brah.  Forrest has hAwKs dNa, baybeeee!!! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

The 24-25 Hawks season has officially started everybody!!!

Dude is gonna need surgery.. Just watch...

• Sad 2

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, terrell said:

Dude is gonna need surgery.. Just watch...

I didn't want to say it out loud...I started typing it in the 2024-25 injury thread and erased it 😟😢

• Sad 2

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Per Marc Stein:

”The Hawks have been trying to trade Clint Capela for more than a year, but league sources say that the Atlanta big man drawing the most external interest is newly acquired Larry Nance Jr. Word is Nance, who came to the Hawks in the recent Dejounte Murray trade, is being chased by multiple teams in need of proven size." open.substack.com/pub/marcstein/

Don't do it Hawks!!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Per Marc Stein:

”The Hawks have been trying to trade Clint Capela for more than a year, but league sources say that the Atlanta big man drawing the most external interest is newly acquired Larry Nance Jr. Word is Nance, who came to the Hawks in the recent Dejounte Murray trade, is being chased by multiple teams in need of proven size." https://open.substack.com/pub/marcstein/p/my-nba-trade-talk-and-free-agency?r=16nnhv&utm_medium=ios

I mean... Nance is better than Capela and Hunter at this point

His 3 pt shooting is almost better than Dre's LMAO

Edited by theheroatl

4 hours ago, Peoriabird said:

How do you skip over all of the...

Posters: Hey Supes any word on a Hunter trade. 

Supes..Nope. 

Posters: well maybe a trade will be announced soon. 
Supes: They are done except maybe signing Bruno but are still looking into Ayton. 

Posters:  Does that mean a Hunter trade is eminent?

Yes a Hunter trade would have an Eminent place in our hearts! 😍

• Premium Member

5 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

His 3 pt shooting is almost better than Dre's LMAO

65 v 304 attempts though, so that's not a comparison I would make.

11 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Per Marc Stein:

”The Hawks have been trying to trade Clint Capela for more than a year, but league sources say that the Atlanta big man drawing the most external interest is newly acquired Larry Nance Jr. Word is Nance, who came to the Hawks in the recent Dejounte Murray trade, is being chased by multiple teams in need of proven size." open.substack.com/pub/marcstein/

One makes $22 million, the other makes $11 million.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I don't disagree but Daniels can play PG.   And not sure who the 4 PFs are.  JJ,Nance and i guess Gueye.   Who else?

Daniels and Vit can both play PG bit is that something we want to bank on without a true proven emergency plan at the position?

(4) PFs = JJ, Nance, Gueye, Liddell (his contract is guaranteed next season, he is not just a camp body we can cut for nothing)

45 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I didn't want to say it out loud...I started typing it in the 2024-25 injury thread and erased it 😟😢

Sad thing is if he does need surgery, we aren’t going to find out about it until two months in to the season instead of nipping it in the bud now.

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Unless he has bulked up, he still plays a lot on the wing.  He said as much last year before and after summer leauge that they wanted him playing on the wing instead on down low.

I agree Gueye has the ability to play outside, but I liken his skillset more to JJ, or perhaps even a Tatum. In today’s NBA players with their size are going to thrive at the 4 and be very average at the 3.

I think he can play SF, and I think he will have opportunities to in his career, I just haven’t seen him get many reps there after being a 4/5 in college and mostly a 4 last season when healthy. Part of that is need, as we had next to no PF last season.