• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

• Moderators

We need to be realistic about the roster i think.  I'm excited about the DJ trade and I think it's helped address several big problems but bottom line we were a lottery team and this is what has changed:

Out: DJ Murray, Saddiq Bey

In: Dyson Daniels, Zacc, Nance

I definitely think we are a better team than last year but we're still counting on a lot of growth from young guys.  

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

We need to be realistic about the roster i think.  I'm excited about the DJ trade and I think it's helped address several big problems but bottom line we were a lottery team and this is what has changed:

Out: DJ Murray, Saddiq Bey

In: Dyson Daniels, Zacc, Nance

I definitely think we are a better team than last year but we're still counting on a lot of growth from young guys.  

I see us as a .500 team +/-3 wins until they show something different on the court.  But I do look at Kobe as an addition, and to some extent Vit, because Kobe pretty much had a lost season.  So it's more like Daniels, Zacc, and Kobe will replace Murray and Bey's minutes at 1-3, and Vit is the next man up if you need that.    

It's a lot of youth replacing veterans, but those veterans created a swiss cheese POA defense.  What will the impact be if we "fix" the defense but also lose some veteran presence and on ball creation?

The big rotation seems like it will have JJ and Okongwu for sure, but are they gonna pull the trigger on another move?  

If we stay close to as is, will Trae see enough team improvement to stay interested in our renovation?  I think if one of Dyson, Zacc or Kobe shows up in a big way we could have an exciting trio with Trae and Jalen.  Not expecting that, but those three have to make an impact to pull Trae into a trust the process mindset.  Of course now that we have up to five 1sts to trade, we can also go shopping for someone on the market.  

• Like 2

• Moderators

Trae, Zacc, JJ is as good of a 'big three' we could hope for on paper.   But Zacc is still 19 and JJ is still needing to go to another level.   We got the number one pick out of nowhere so maybe this is the year we have a ROY. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member

We need to sign another pg to add to roster and quite honestly a back up PF vet.    Jae Crowder would be nice.    From atl and played for Quinn.   We got 5 centers on the roster so someone is about to get cut or traded

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, georgia said:

We need to sign another pg to add to roster and quite honestly a back up PF vet.    Jae Crowder would be nice.    From atl and played for Quinn.   We got 5 centers on the roster so someone is about to get cut or traded

I do think we need a 4 and a vet b/u 1.

I think Crowder's been washed for 3 years now tho.  I like the 'idea' of him more than the reality.  

Wonder if there's some rando euro out there looking to come over and play a role. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Can he come out of the box ready made to perform like Trae did in year one (despite a shaky Oct and Nov)? Can he be closer to year 3 JJ vs rookie JJ?

Can't wait to see preseason games.

I’m not counting on Zacc to look like he’s part of a big 3.  That’s actually a good poll question.  

Who will make a bigger impact Risacher, Dyson, or Kobe?  Will any of the new Hawks look better than Bogi?

I think Dyson will have more immediate impact than Risacher.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Final_quest said:

I’m not counting on Zacc to look like he’s part of a big 3.  That’s actually a good poll question.  

Who will make a bigger impact Risacher, Dyson, or Kobe?  Will any of the new Hawks look better than Bogi?

I think Dyson will have more immediate impact than Risacher.  

I think Dyson will be the most impactful new Hawk on the roster next year and it won't be particularly close. 

Trae, hopefully JJ, then DD in terms of impact. I think Bogi will be better offensively but DD will have a greater impact due to his defense. And I think his overall offense will be very good as well. I'm expecting A LOT from DD. 

• Like 4

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, kg01 said:

I think Crowder's been washed for 3 years now tho.  I like the 'idea' of him more than the reality.  

Wonder if there's some rando euro out there looking to come over and play a role. 

I think a big strong SG is needed like a Jimmy Butler. 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, Vol4ever said:

I think a big strong SG is needed like a Jimmy Butler. 

Isn't this what we hope Dyson can become?

Jimmy: 6'-6" 230lbs. Dyson: 6'-7" 200lbs

Jimmy's 2nd and 3rd year: 8 and 13 ppg.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, kg01 said:

Fran Vasquez. :batman:

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Package deal with Jose Calderon. 🏃‍♀️

Juan Carlos Navarro, the Spanish sCurry. :batman:

9 hours ago, Sothron said:

We still need a veteran PG on this roster. I wish to goodness they had signed Delon Wright and brought him back.

Haywood Workman :batman:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kg01 said:

I really don't think Portland is ready to trade Scoot Henderson... 

🏃‍♀️

Skeet skeet Scoot :mellow: (no more running it’s time to face you) mano y mano 🧍‍♂️ 

• Haha 3