• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, REHawksFan said:

Sure. I'm down for an avatar bet assuming the team stays essentially as currently constructed. By that I mean they don't trade Trae or dump Hunter or Nance for no return. 

Let's check back as the season approaches to see what, if any, additional moves they make. But if nothing significant changes, I'll bet you that they go over the 35.5. 

Ok fair enough.  I say they win 35.

Season = 82 games.  Winning at least half of our games = 41 wins.  With our new additions and subtractions, I expect 50% winning record in the 2024-25 season.  

:smug:

• Like 1

On 7/26/2024 at 7:33 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

A couple of things and key descriptions stand out to me.

Doesn't this sound like what the Hawks need and can definitely use if winning is most important this season

I think this one is just a rumor or trade clickbait article. If they did trade Nance for a package like this it would be because they see long term potential in Kenrich Williams.  

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

I think this one is just a rumor or trade clickbait article. If they did trade Nance for a package like this it would be because they see long term potential in Kenrich Williams.  

Long term :er:.

Isn't he 30 years already?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Long term :er:.

Isn't he 30 years already?

He probably meant Ousmane Dieng who is still 21 and is 6'10 former 11th pick. Has potential but can't get into OKC rotation.

Edited by ShayD

• Premium Member

So if I had to predict our 13 man roster:

C- Capela, OO, Bruno

4- JJ, Roddy, MG start in g league?

3- Hunter, ZR and Vit

2- Dyson, Bogi, Garrison

1- Trae and Kobe

Trade Nance and Zeller for?

• Moderators
1 hour ago, georgia said:

So if I had to predict our 13 man roster:

C- Capela, OO, Bruno

4- JJ, Roddy, MG start in g league?

3- Hunter, ZR and Vit

2- Dyson, Bogi, Garrison

1- Trae and Kobe

Trade Nance and Zeller for?

Given that Roddy is 6 foot 4, I would expect him to not get a ton of PF time.  Should be versatile between the 3 and 4 spots.  Seems like an admission we didn’t want Liddell at all and are taking a stab at someone who could be more useful as a break in case of emergency and better than that if he can learn to shoot at all.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

close but no cigar

Wow they starting him at point ?!

so Beal going to the bench ???…lol bud bout to have some mad players 😂 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
13 hours ago, Gray Mule said:

Season = 82 games.  Winning at least half of our games = 41 wins.  With our new additions and subtractions, I expect 50% winning record in the 2024-25 season.  

:smug:

I hope your right.  

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
38 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

He took the vet min $3.3 mil from Suns. What did the Hawks offer.?

Wow, would have been a good get for us.  

Great podcast breaking down the Tyus Jones noise. Basically, the Suns made sense for Tyus because he has a clear pathway to being the best point guard in Phoenix, whereas his role on a team with an entrenched starting PG (Trae/Ja, etc..) would be significantly less. There was virtually no chance of playing next to Trae due to their size, so finding at least 20 mins a night would be tough.

Jones gets chance at a featured role in PHX where his only competition is Monte Morris. He signs a one year deal betting on himself that his value increases on a team with a higher profile than Washington. The difference in pay being viewed as a starting caliber player vs a really good reserve is worth the risk.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Great podcast breaking down the Tyus Jones noise. Basically, the Suns made sense for Tyus because he has a clear pathway to being the best point guard in Phoenix, whereas his role on a team with an entrenched starting PG (Trae/Ja, etc..) would be significantly less. There was virtually no chance of playing next to Trae due to their size, so finding at least 20 mins a night would be tough.

Jones gets chance at a featured role in PHX where his only competition is Monte Morris. He signs a one year deal betting on himself that his value increases on a team with a higher profile than Washington. The difference in pay being viewed as a starting caliber player vs a really good reserve is worth the risk.

That’s what I was thinking.  His best play was starter next to Booker and Durant.  He’s playing for his next contract.  

• Like 2