• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
3 minutes ago, Dragitoff said:

I hate to lose Bruno but some of y'all are acting like we waived prime Shaq.  Zeller or Bruno was our 4th best option at Center regardless of who we kept. 

My issue is what appears to me a error that occurred in the DJ trade that warranted us taking on Zeller unnecessarily in the first place and get 'stuck' with him. The initial reports suggested he would be bought out immediately. 

For a penny pinching team the difference in contract value matters.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member
14 minutes ago, deester11 said:

Not poo pooing the Hawks propensity to snatch mediocrity from the jaws of excellence, but so what? This FO pizzes mediocrity.  Smdh. Landry and his pals got us again. 

IMG_0647.gif

Have you seen this kid play? We got a just turned 21 year old real prospect to sign a team friendly two way contract. This is a win for the FO and for us as fans. This is a guy with real upside as a two way forward/center. We got him for basically nothing. 

Its okay to not hate everything this team does and still be critical of the decisions they have made.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

My issue is what appears to me a error that occurred in the DJ trade that warranted us taking on Zeller unnecessarily in the first place and get 'stuck' with him. The initial reports suggested he would be bought out immediately. 

For a penny pinching team the difference in contract value matters.

Agreed, but as it was reported, Schlenk wasn't willing to help the Hawks in that scenario so the option was off the table.  End of the bench pieces with marginal difference to me. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Have you seen this kid play? We got a just turned 21 year old real prospect to sign a team friendly two way contract. This is a win for the FO and for us as fans. This is a guy with real upside as a two way forward/center. We got him for basically nothing. 

Its okay to not hate everything this team does and still be critical of the decisions they have made.

Does this signing guarantee Nikola is going back overseas?  Surely they don't want to waive Garrison over him. 

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Sothron said:

I could have sworn either myself or @thecampster answered this before. The Wizards didn't want to help the Hawks. There's a certain ex-Hawk person there that made sure of it.

Hawks stay helping other teams but don't get the same in return.

We delayed the trade so NOP would avoid the Luxury tax last season and the payment for doing that was Zeller which also put us mere dollars below the tax line. :blanky:

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Hawks stay helping other teams but don't get the same in return.

We delayed the trade so NOP would avoid the Luxury tax last season and the payment for doing that was Zeller which also put us mere dollars below the tax line. :blanky:

Schlenk...the bitter, bald, b!+([-]

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Man please. I call out good moves if and when they should ever occur. I just don't go along with everything they do. Big difference. 

• Moderators
37 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Then it should have been 'something' on the NOP side of the ledger that compensated us for it.

They added more protections on to that second pick.  Isn't that helping us?  

I'm hoping to see us not getting raked over the coals for other teams benefits.

We do this for NO's benefit, Washington ****'d us with this, and then NO did nothing to compensate us.

So bad.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, AHF said:

They added more protections on to that second pick.  Isn't that helping us?  

I'm hoping to see us not getting raked over the coals for other teams benefits.

We do this for NO's benefit, Washington ****'d us with this, and then NO did nothing to compensate us.

So bad.

While I wished we'd gotten out of that a little better, I think a lot of people are undervaluing that Lakers pick.  They're relying on Mr. Glass AD and an over 40 Lebron to be good.  AD played in 56 games last year and Lebron played well and DLo went on a stretch for a while there playing really well and they still barely got out of the play in.  I'm not expected much from them.

1 hour ago, deester11 said:

Not poo pooing the Hawks propensity to snatch mediocrity from the jaws of excellence, but so what? This FO pizzes mediocrity.  Smdh. Landry and his pals got us again. 

IMG_0647.gif

You're pissin away what's left of yer Hawks DNA, dees.  Shall I join you ....

1 hour ago, Dragitoff said:

Does this signing guarantee Nikola is going back overseas?  Surely they don't want to waive Garrison over him. 

Ngl, I wasn't as impressed with Niko as I thought I was gonna be.  Maybe he shld be overseas....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Whether Washington wanted to help  or not doesn't matter. Both Hawks and Pelicans were desperate to do the trade, but the pelicans showed more desperation. To make the salary work the Pelicans had to ship out both Liddell and Zeller, paying tax is a non starter for them, they were the more desperate team.

The Hawks did not have to absorb both players, it was not a requirement. DJM for 2 picks, Nance and Daniels is a decent deal for both teams. If Pelicans have to salary dump then that's their problem. If they shipped both players to another team like the Jazz, they will be also be sending assets to the team, but for some reason the Hawks just had to take both of them without any compensation, while also making one of the picks coming back worse.  

Now Pelicans just transfer their problem to the Hawks to solve while the Hawks roster is still a bit unbalanced(but better) and the team is struggling a bit to get good FAs and make good value trades without getting fleeced.

Edited by ShayD
  • Thanks 4

• Premium Member
5 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Then it should have been 'something' on the NOP side of the ledger that compensated us for it.

I got blasted for saying this right after the trade and now everyone seems to be on board that we got short-changed.

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
2 minutes ago, Jdawgflow said:

I got blasted for saying this right after the trade and now everyone seems to be on board that we got short-changed.

Wasn't me. 🤓

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Jdawgflow said:

Call em out. We fam. Dysfunctional..but we fam..😂😂😂. I think everyone knows my thoughts..so I'm trying to be good. Happy. Happy. 

(Then again..don't.  Me thinks the mods won't participate). 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1