• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

Yea the hawks were are not in the position of being buddies with other GMs when they are trying to make the best roster possible to win games and keep their star player happy. Simply caving and taking back a player that is not needed without any compensation which lead to letting go of a better player or a cheaper contract is almost unacceptable, no matter how you slice it.

It is what it is at this point. We will just have to see the end result of the roster and hope certain players show enough improvement to make the roster perform better than it looks. But you just have to know at the back of your mind that Landry doesn't have a good history in negotiating good trades.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
17 hours ago, Sothron said:

They tried hard to keep Bruno but no one wants Cody Zeller. 

Just to note he isn't trade eligible until Dec 15th anyway...another oversight.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Lavine has an aversion to defense. He bristles when people bring it up but its real. 

Ugh. Please no Lavine, it would be light a worse for than DJ or the same. He looks pretty doing what he does but it’s not conducive to winning 🏀

• Like 4

16 hours ago, JTB said:

I really think we have to get over these new salaries under cba.

teams like the hawks trying to so call play it smart but there’s no smart move here with the way things are and headed towards. Either you got it or you don’t and so far it doesn’t look like Travis and little Nicky has the pockets to keep up.

I get it that salaries are going up exponentially, but it seems a little contradictory when Trae made $37m last season and was considered overpaid but Allen making $30m is normalized because of the CBA?  I also get that Trae will get a hefty raise when he inevitably opts out early, but it's still hard to swallow some of these contracts.  I remember not too long ago when the league went crazy dishing out ridiculous contracts to players because of the new CBA.  Guys like Timofy Mozgof and others got contracts that were considered albatross contracts a few seasons later and had to be waived and stretched because they were untradeable and unplayable.  I'm not saying Allen is Mozgof.  Just a concern as a fan, but hey, I'm not the one paying it so I have no right to judge. 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Dragitoff said:

I get it that salaries are going up exponentially, but it seems a little contradictory when Trae made $37m last season and was considered overpaid but Allen making $30m is normalized because of the CBA?  I also get that Trae will get a hefty raise when he inevitably opts out early, but it's still hard to swallow some of these contracts.  I remember not too long ago when the league went crazy dishing out ridiculous contracts to players because of the new CBA.  Guys like Timofy Mozgof and others got contracts that were considered albatross contracts a few seasons later and had to be waived and stretched because they were untradeable and unplayable.  I'm not saying Allen is Mozgof.  Just a concern as a fan, but hey, I'm not the one paying it so I have no right to judge. 

Sorry...Mosgov.  He was quite unmemorable other than that contract.  😜

• Haha 2

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, kg01 said:

Guys like Lavine, Beal, etc., who are really poor defenders too, don't have the size excuse.

Why dont the collective nba eggsperts dub them as woat defenders? 

Lavine has no excuse. He has the physical tools to at least be an average POA defender and an average team defender. He's bad at both. Beal used to be a decent POA defender when he was quicker and cared more on defense. He just doesn't anymore and I don't think he's physically the same player he was when he was legit one of the best two guards in the NBA.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Sothron said:

Lavine has no excuse. He has the physical tools to at least be an average POA defender and an average team defender. He's bad at both. Beal used to be a decent POA defender when he was quicker and cared more on defense. He just doesn't anymore and I don't think he's physically the same player he was when he was legit one of the best two guards in the NBA.

That’s too bad that he can’t get it together.

he’s definitely the one guy in the nba that isn’t a 2 way all star talent but should be.

I would definitely want Zach if he were at least avg defensively but that ship has sailed. Too many teams , head coaches, etc along with way too many injuries. He’s a good scoring 2 but I wouldn’t call him an elite scorer.

really sucks…he’s a huge gamble for any team to trade for him.

• Moderators

Yeah.  LaVine is a bit like Bradley Beal right now.  Both carry health risk and both are pretty one dimensional players.  Seems like there is always someone willing to gamble on high scoring players (and LaVine definitely qualifies there) but between his salary, health, and defense it is going to be a pretty limited market.

The only good thing about trading for Levine at this point is that it would not take much to get him.  Obviously he is a terrible fit for the Hawks in pretty much every other way, including skills, contract and injury history.

If he could get healthy and on a contract that makes sense I could see him being a good bench gunner like Bogi where he can cook against second units.

21 minutes ago, georgia said:

Read a blurb from Brett Seidel that Ayton trade market is low and they’ll trade him soon

What would a Hawks trade for him look like?

It would look like us spending money and flirting with the luxury tax. Something we don’t want to do. 

Also, I don’t think this team is in on guys who have question marks on their make up.

So, not very likely. 

• Like 1

On 8/4/2024 at 6:11 PM, RedDawg#8 said:

It would look like us spending money and flirting with the luxury tax. Something we don’t want to do. 

Also, I don’t think this team is in on guys who have question marks on their make up.

So, not very likely. 

If they trade equivalent salary it’s only spending more in future commitments.  Could be a dollar for dollar trade this year.  Future years is a much bigger commitment with Ayton.