• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

3 minutes ago, Afro said:

Hunter isn't THJ, but no. I'd liken it more to Collins after they threw his value in the trash. In which case, 110%. We got Rudy Gay and a 2nd. 

Which is exactly what I'm talking about. Mavs find ways to get useful players back. We get absolutely nothing. 

Collins became, and still is, one of the worst contracts in the league.  We were lucky Utah just absorbed him.  That contract was a back breaker for us.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, AHF said:

I actually don't mind this quote.  I read it as pertaining to the pick and not to the larger roster although I get what you are saying.  I read it as saying "we came down to two and Zacc was the guy [of those two and everyone else in the draft] that we wanted to build with."

"with" and not "around" is an important distinction to me, too. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Afro said:

Really? 

I'm not sure if this is because you didn't know that all they got was Grimes or if you think Grimes is a useful player.  

• Moderators
1 minute ago, KB21 said:

I'm not sure if this is because you didn't know that all they got was Grimes or if you think Grimes is a useful player.  

I think Grimes is a useful bench piece.  I think Dallas believes this as well which is why they did the trade. THJr. is a useful rotation piece as well even if he has been overpaid ever since he left Atlanta.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, KB21 said:

Yes, a guy that can play 20mpg, average 36%+ from three, and play decent defense is a useful player.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

disclaimer: i am over analyzing everything. 

I'm not thrilled with this quote.  Makes it sound like we're starting over.  plus Trae's total silence on anything Hawks related this summer is concerning to me. 

He needs an effing course in The Art of GM Speak. :blanky:

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Landry has said before that their approach is to always build, so some of you are definitely reading too much into his comment that Risacher was the player they wanted to build with.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

@thecampster, do you have that timeline of all the key dates this offseason handy?  I can't find it anywhere.  @AHF can we sticky that post or make a new thread or something so it's easy to reference?

Happy to do so.  Just point me in the right direction.

• Thanks 1

Fwiw - Hawks 92.9 "insider"  which is just.thier hawks beat reporter but we call them insiders now lol, anyway he pretty much said we needed to do trades before the draft, values.have dropped a bit now but.dont expect much from capela.and hunter other than to just offload them because we need to get back under the cap, or a bunch of small.moves to try and shed salary. 

4 minutes ago, KB21 said:

I operating from the POV that New Orleans will not give up Herb Jones in a deal, so what exactly would the Hawks be getting in this deal?

That's the problem it does t make sense because while.dj is valuable it's hard to get back a valuable player for him and still stay under the cap.  

Edited by hylndr11
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I said DJM to NOLA. I followed it up with "I believe" BI is in it. I would trust Jakes reporting since he is as close to the Hawks as any of the national reporters. I still believe a deal with the pels is complete just means BI isn't in it. 

If BI isn’t in it, the options are:

1– Nance/Dyson/Hawkins —> No way

2– McCollum is included —> No way

Or….. 3– Herb Jones must be included —> YES!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

If BI isn’t in it, the options are:

1– Nance/Dyson/Hawkins —> No way

2– McCollum is included —> No way

Or….. 3– Herb Jones must be included —> YES!

Nance and Dyson is probably the deal and a pick.  Saves us $8 million. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 4

6 minutes ago, hylndr11 said:

Fwiw - Hawks 92.9 "insider"  which is just.thier hawks beat reporter but we call them insiders now lol, anyway he pretty much said we needed to do trades before the draft, values.have dropped a bit now but.dont expect much from capela.and hunter other than to just offload them because we need to get back under the cap, or a bunch of small.moves to try and shed salary. 

Unless a blockbuster in our favor comes across this summer, it's time to set Landry out to pasture.

Being passive with your assets is basically how Masai works.. letting them fade out

Edited by theheroatl

So when are we actually gonna land a player we like? smh

Michael Scotto: Quentin Grimes, who’s headed to the Dallas Mavericks via the Tim Hardaway Jr. trade, also drew interest from the Atlanta Hawks and Miami Heat on the trade market,league sources told @hoopshype.

• Haha 4

• Moderators
Just now, terrell said:

So when are we actually gonna land a player we like? smh

Michael Scotto: Quentin Grimes, who’s headed to the Dallas Mavericks via the Tim Hardaway Jr. trade, also drew interest from the Atlanta Hawks and Miami Heat on the trade market,league sources told @hoopshype.

Well we tried.  

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

Unless a blockbuster in our favor comes across this summer, it's time to set Landry out to pasture.

Being passive with your assets is basically how Masai works.. letting them fade out

We've now reached the point where the narrative is Trae's value has "tanked" too. So I'm not really sure they can pivot that way either.  Weeeeeeee. 

Edited by Afro
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

I don't really think this situation we are in is on Landry, this whole thing with the staying under the tax and making that public when you didn't have a good enough young and upcoming team you could say that behind has.caused quite.an issue.  You can say that.and gain leverage if your team is going to the post season and is conssintenty improving , not if you have regressed and now you have no leverage, they started saying all that shit too early.  Not to mention the Collins and dj trades cementing that stance.