• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

57 minutes ago, kg01 said:

How do you know I was joking?  Per the eggsperts, we'd be lucky to land that crappy package for Trae since he's so trash ...

... so trash that he'd elevate the Lakers back to contenders.

🫤

Make it make sense, dragi.

My apologies for misinterpreting your genuine post as parody.  🤣

• Haha 2

• Moderators
33 minutes ago, Dragitoff said:

You could 100% be correct, but I think the Lakers truly thought they'd get more than 1 ring out of AD and LeBron.  Regardless of who is right, I still hope they bomb this season and make that pick a really good one! 

I'm sure some fans did but from the beginning it seemed to me like it would take some big improvements to get to the level of the best teams he had in Cleveland and replicating his prime teams in his late 30's just seems unreasonable.  For whatever a reasonable person hoped for from LeBron at this stage of his career, I think you have to feel like he really has delivered.  It's impressive how well he has held up.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, AHF said:

I'm sure some fans did but from the beginning it seemed to me like it would take some big improvements to get to the level of the best teams he had in Cleveland and replicating his prime teams in his late 30's just seems unreasonable.  For whatever a reasonable person hoped for from LeBron at this stage of his career, I think you have to feel like he really has delivered.  It's impressive how well he has held up.

As much as I hate him, totally agree!  Dude is still performing at an elite level at 40!  My hatred for him stems more from his antics and how much he's hurt my Hawks teams in the past.  I'll admit that.  I didn't like Jordan during his day for the same reason.  I respect each of their abilities and consider Jordan the TRUE GOAT, but LeBron certainly is in that top tier of all-time greats. 

• Like 3

Basketball is a team sport… and it takes a team to win a championship. From ownership to the end of the bench, it takes everyone buying in and executing their part effectively (small or big) to be successful. When LAL brought in LeBron and AD, they weren’t looking to win 1 championship, they were looking to build another dynasty (with multiple Finals appearances). Having 2 superstars on your team should make a GM’s job easier to build a championship contender, but the fact that LAL hasn’t won it all since the 1st year with AD (when they also had quality young/old player fits like KCP, Caruso, Dwight, McGee, Danny Green, and Kuz) with playoff seeds/results of 1(champs), 7(1st rd), 11(N/A), 7(WCF), 7(1st rd), it’s a failure… bar none. The LAL GM shouldn’t be the only one to blame for this, it’s the other voices in the room… and one of those voices (a large one at that) is LeBron. Just as an example, here’s a snippet below regarding the LAL/Westbrook trade: 

https://sports.yahoo.com/lebron-james-lakers-admit-misjudged-130021473.html
“…By now, everyone agrees that trading for Westbrook was a mistake. Reportedly, that includes every member of the Lakers organization — even James (h/t Lakers Daily).

Via ESPN: “Sources told ESPN that every member of the organization involved in the Russell Westbrook trade — including James – will admit they misjudged it, owning part of the blame,” Dave McMenamin wrote.

James reportedly was the impetus behind the Lakers trading for Westbrook. But by the middle of the 2021-22 campaign, his camp was reportedly pushing for Westbrook to be traded.”

Edited by djjob23
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Sothron said:

In his patreon chat last night and btw I highly suggest becoming a patreon of Brad Rowland, just one dollar a month gets you everything...he listed our FO in the bottom third of the NBA. He also said the FO thinks higher of Cody Zeller than any of us (including him) do so they do not see him as just a roster body.

Makes sense as to why they’re a bottom third FO then hehe. This statement looks more like the FO trying to save face to cover up their incompetence. I mean… he’s made a total of 1 out of 3PA in the past 3 years. Before that, he only had freedom in Charlotte to chuck em, so it can’t be for his on-court performance. Maybe it’s for his champ-level experience from when he played 1 year in MIA before NOP. I mean… am I missing something here?

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Sothron said:

He also said the FO thinks higher of Cody Zeller than any of us (including him) do so they do not see him as just a roster body.

Easier for them to say that than the alternative of we didn’t want him but NO made us take him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

mr-bean-rowan-atkinson-scoff-tell-me-abo

Damage control much. :blanky:

I'm gonna take a self ban from the Squawk for two weeks if Zeller is contributing meaningful regular minutes and productive from the start of the season to December 15th.

bane-no-banned-and-you-are-explode-gif-1

I was searching for a reason to root for Zeller the Smeller to break out for us.

Hehe

• Haha 4

I got it! Zeller’s the closest C we have to 7 feet… we asked for SIZE and the FO came through! ATL FO strikes again!

giphy.gif

In all seriousness, I’m rooting for the FO to prove me wrong and for Zeller to play HUGE when his number is called.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, Sothron said:

just one dollar a month gets you everything.

:laugh: I wouldn’t give that man a dime in any of my lives. It’s like the AJC begging 🙏🏿 for money 💰. F all that I don’t need his “perspective” :airquote: but thanks 😆 

4 hours ago, kg01 said:

There's a shifty lookin dude eyeballin' me.

:laugh1: I get that all day everyday. I thought it was my mug 🍵 so I tried a really big smile and now I just looked possessed it’s even worse 🤦‍♀️ 

• Haha 1