• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

12 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I may actually watch Falcons games this year. I haven't watched a full game since the Superbowl fold.

I haven't watched a full failcons game since long before that.  So I'm really just lol'ng at the Superbowl fold aka the SuperFold. 😄. Hadn't seen it phrased that way. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, AHF said:

Two big moves to make QBs uncomfortable against the Falcons.  I can barely recognize this team.  How refreshing!

I’m overjoyed with the moves they made and am excited for the season.

But adding a little perspective, it appeared they had no intention of signing either player until after we got hit with 3 major injuries last week to what were already our weaker positions (WR, Edge, Safety). They opened up the wallet and brought in pro bowl talent that isn’t always guaranteed to be available this late in the game, and they had just enough financial flexibility to create cap space for them.

For comparison, it would be similar to if we lost Kobe and Risacher during the preseason and found out one was out for the season and the other was out until say, March with no timetable for return after. And by some stroke of luck we were able to trade for Jrue Holiday and add PG13 off the streets (hypothetical) as their replacements two weeks before the regular season.

That would be the equivalent of what just happened for the Falcons. They lost young players that were expected to have major roles and contribute, but were mostly just potential, and replaced them with proven vets who have been voted top 70-ish in the NFL in recent years. That would be like adding (2) top 20 players in the NBA.

Let’s not even talk about the money side of things and how it would have to work.

So unlikely, very circumstantial based, and yet here we are now with a team with playoff hopes now eyeing competing for the conference.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

What? He never played college ball so...you don't like him? I'm confuzzled.

He never played ball 🏀. Pro college high school junior high rec league YMCA the boys and girls club… :upsidedown:

51 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

He never played ball 🏀. Pro college high school junior high rec league YMCA the boys and girls club… :upsidedown:

Nobody’s asking him to coach the team or build a roster lol

While I enjoy former players who report on the game and add perspective, the main goal of the media is to deliver information in a clear and objective manner. He does that. He is very honest about what his opinion is based on the stats/facts and what the team is putting out.

He is a Hawks beat reporter, so he always finds a positive angle somewhere. I appreciate that as a fan. 

• Like 4

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Nobody’s asking him to coach the team or build a roster lol

While I enjoy former players who report on the game and add perspective, the main goal of the media is to deliver information in a clear and objective manner. He does that. He is very honest about what his opinion is based on the stats/facts and what the team is putting out.

He is a Hawks beat reporter, so he always finds a positive angle somewhere. I appreciate that as a fan. 

I don't always agree with his takes but agree he does a pretty good job.  I'm not someone who listens to every bit of content Rowland puts out but I generally find he does a decent job with his coverage.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sothron said:

What? He never played college ball so...you don't like him? I'm confuzzled.

I legit almost used "confuzzled" in a meeting today.  I love it. 

• Haha 3

• Moderators

No need to launch into discussions around who wants to ignore who on the site.  Just put someone on ignore if you don't want to read their posts.  No need for anyone to announce who is on their ignore list.   Thanks all.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• Premium Member
Just now, Spud2nique said:

@Sothron if I’m having surgery I don’t want surgical info ℹ️ from a guy who’s o Rowlandnever been in the medical field in the wars and the thick of it. No Row ok? Ok.

I think having surgery from a non medical provider is crazy, sure, but saying Brad doesn't have legit opinions because he didn't play college or higher is a little screwy. Wait, a lot screwy. How do you know Brad didn't play high school or rec league ball? What does it matter? He has a solid understanding of the game regardless.

If you don't like the guy, fine, that's cool but if this is the reason I think it is silly bro.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Sothron said:

silly bro.

Huh? Ya, it’s silly to not take Brad takes on a sport he never played. How do I know he never played. The way he walks. 😏 

Ps Your take is sillier. It’s actually straight up weird. Hey Soth, let your chiropractor buy your next house 🏠 for you. Thank makes complete sense.

#stayinyolane

• Confused 1

Whatever happened to Tom Hanks running for prezzy?

Mike Vick leaving Atlanta, Peyton Manning retiring, and Julio Jones’ awful last years turned me off from the NFL, among other things.  The Falcons look pretty damn stacked right now tho.  I was skeptical of Fontenot but he’s wheeling and dealing with the Blank Bank.

I ain’t worried about London he’s a stud but imma need Pitts to regain his rookie season form.  I don’t know how they calculate official broken tackles nowadays but he’s way too damn big of a human being to only have 2 all last season.  Tony G would break 2 on one play 😆  If Bijan has gotten even a teeny bit better he’s gonna be a circus.

Aight my role in derailing this thread is over.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1