• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

🥲

Do you find it necessary to be a great athlete and having played at least college basketball or, better yet, the NBA, to be smart enough to know enough to have an intelligent conversation about basketball?  

Sadly, if this is the case, I'm one of the losers.  

:ahf:

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Gray Mule said:

🥲

Do you find it necessary to be a great athlete and having played at least college basketball or, better yet, the NBA, to be smart enough to know enough to have an intelligent conversation about basketball?  

All athletes don’t make great journalists, just like all journalists don’t make great athletes.

The lane of a writer/podcaster/reporter etc… is to do those things to the best of their ability. It doesn’t matter if they never played.

Trae is amazing at basketball but I wouldn’t want to listen to him explain the nuances of NBA decision making. He knows firsthand what goes on, but he struggles with communication clear and direct points. A reporter can take Trae’s insight and draw a well articulated point of view from it to give to their audience. That should be their gift. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gray Mule said:

🥲

Not at all. It’s a matter of personal preference but Brad isn’t the one to chime in about his thoughts in the game. Report injuries and whatnot, im not down with a dude never touched a 🏀 sorry Gramps.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• Premium Member

Hawks, Clippers interested in Aleksa Avramovic?

Aleksa Avramovic has drawn the attention of the Atlanta Hawks and the Los Angeles Clippers, according to Ozon Press. The two NBA teams are reportedly interested in acquiring the Serbian guard, who has an NBA out clause in his contract with CSKA Moscow.

– via BasketNews
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Aleksa Avramovic has drawn the attention of the Atlanta Hawks and the Los Angeles Clippers, according to Ozon Press. The two NBA teams are reportedly interested in acquiring the Serbian guard, who has an NBA out clause in his contract with CSKA Moscow.

– via BasketNews

*gasp*

At the outsiders meeting, we agreed to keep this one to ouraelves?ourselves?!

Alert! Burd's gone rogue!

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

– via BasketNews

He was really impressive in that USA v. Serbia game. Would not mind picking him up at all.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, SerbianHawk said:

This would be huge. Aleksa is a younger and better version of Pat Beverly. The problem is NBA clause in his contract expires in less than 48 hours.

Interesting comparison!

so he gets at it defensively and is very aggressive like pest ? Don’t back down from anyone and will be in your face talking smack ?…that’s the first thing I think about when it comes to prime Patrick Beverly.

9 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

– via BasketNews
3 hours ago, SerbianHawk said:

This would be huge. Aleksa is a younger and better version of Pat Beverly. The problem is NBA clause in his contract expires in less than 48 hours.

Nice! Aleksa reminds me of a less explosive Dennis Smith Jr. with a more finesse game who loves to attack the basket with his floater off PnR. He’s almost 30 years old (in October), is a streaky shooter, seems to play better on bigger stages, and plays his best defense when he’s effective on offense (article here). Hidden below are some videos about his career, his defense broken down, and an interview where he describes his role on Partizan and what he brings to a team. 

Spoiler

I think Aleksa would provide a great spark plug to our team and has that passion this team sorely needs more of. However, if we do sign Aleksa (likely to a guaranteed contract), that means somebody will have to be waived (we already have a full roster). Hopefully ATL FO would waive Zeller, but after hearing how much they value the big guy, I’m afraid it’ll be Vit (who I love as our 24yo, versatile, reliable 3rd stringer). 

Edited by djjob23
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, djjob23 said:

Aleksa reminds me of a less explosive Dennis Smith Jr. with a more finesse game who loves to attack the basket with his floater off PnR. He’s almost 30 years old (in October), is a streaky shooter, and seems to play better on bigger stages and plays his best defense when he’s effective on offense (article here). Hidden below are some videos about his career, his defense broken down, and an interview where he describes his role on Partizan and what he brings to a team. 

Reveal hidden contents

I think Aleksa would provide a great spark plug to our team and has that passion this team sorely needs more of. However, if we do sign Aleksa (likely to a guaranteed contract), that means somebody will have to be waived (we already have a full roster). Hopefully ATL FO would waive Zeller, but after hearing how much they value the big guy, I’m afraid it’ll be Vit (who I love as our 24yo, versatile, reliable 3rd stringer). 

I think Garrison Mathews is on a non-guaranteed deal, but I doubt the Hawks waive him for how cheap and productive he was last year.

they’ll probably need to look for trades to open up a roster spot, rather than waiving someone.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

I think Garrison Mathews is on a non-guaranteed deal, but I doubt the Hawks waive him for how cheap and productive he was last year.

they’ll probably need to look for trades to open up a roster spot, rather than waiving someone.

Yeah, no way they waive Mathews. Would definitely prefer a 2 for 1 trade, but ATL looks to have $5.3m to play with under the lux tax and I can see their FO waiving a player over pulling off a consolidation trade (should Aleksa sign within that space). On the other hand… the fan in me thinks maybe this report means there’s a trade in the works… 🤔 

Edited by djjob23

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, ATLHawks3 said:

7 hours ago, djjob23 said:

Yeah, no way they waive Mathews. Would definitely prefer a 2 for 1 trade, but ATL looks to have $5.3m to play with under the lux tax and I can see their FO waiving a player over pulling off a consolidation trade (should Aleksa sign within that space). On the other hand… the fan in me thinks maybe this report means there’s a trade in the works… 🤔 

Hawks are currently only $1.2 million under the tax.

Cutting Vit won't clear additional salary as this year is guaranteed. Same with just cutting Zeller. It would need to be a trade with no money coming back.

Mathews unguaranteed clears $2 million.

Hawks can actually sign him (and not make any roster moves) using the MLE or a portion of it to start training camp as they are allowed 20 players on the training camp roster. They'll just need to make a decision on the final roster the day before preseason starts.

What is Aleksa's current contract amount with CSKA? His new NBA contract would need to be worth it for him to leave.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Hawks are currently only $1.2 million under the tax.

Cutting Vit won't clear additional salary as this year is guaranteed. Same with just cutting Zeller. It would need to be a trade with no money coming back.

Mathews unguaranteed clears $2 million.

Hawks can actually sign him (and not make any roster moves) using the MLE or a portion of it to start training camp as they are allowed 20 players on the training camp roster. They'll just need to make a decision on the final roster the day before preseason starts.

What is Aleksa's current contract amount with CSKA? His new NBA contract would need to be worth it for him to leave.

Thanks @JayBirdHawk! Aleksa’s contract with Partizan was reportedly ~$500k/year for 2 years (had one year left), but received a ~$441k buyout late July to play with CSKA. As reported, the NBA buyout could pay CSKA up to $850k to help cover. With this buyout amount, my guess is Aleksa’s contract is the same next year and the increase in buyout is to cover CSKA’s investment (~$500k contract + ~$441k buyout). 

If the Hawks have $1.2m to play with, that may be enough for it to be worth it financially for Aleksa, but playing time is likely a big factor in these negotiations as well. My guess is it’ll be more though so a 2 for 1 trade (reducing our cap under the tax) would likely have to take place before the preseason.

35 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

Good morning @Sothron

Brad sux.

Go Hawks! :batman: #sundayshenanigans

Whoa, squd.  Leave saffron alone.  I'm sure he's reeling since the outsiders broke the Avramovic story first.  Insiders in shambles rn.

Cmon @Sothron, how yall miss this one?

i-don't-know-cry-crying-regina-george-me

(hehe) 

😉

• Haha 2