• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

1 hour ago, kg01 said:

Whoa, squd.  Leave saffron alone.  I'm sure he's reeling since the outsiders broke the Avramovic story first.  Insiders in shambles rn.

Cmon @Sothron, how yall miss this one?

i-don't-know-cry-crying-regina-george-me

(hehe) 

😉

😮 {saff getting his Brad billboards ready} :banjo:

9 minutes ago, bird_dirt said:

I call BS. Zeller’s doesn’t have Hawks DNA, he’s not “DeBarge” enough. 

Word is Landry keepin eye out for Malcom Brog.  :heya: -Ze otzider

IMG_6595.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, bird_dirt said:

Hawks looking to bring in Avramovic to play alongside Bogie, to clear a path for Jokic to demand a trade to Atlanta. Genius moves. 

cats-in-glasses-smart-cat-funny-animals-

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• Premium Member
4 hours ago, djjob23 said:

Thanks @JayBirdHawk! Aleksa’s contract with Partizan was reportedly ~$500k/year for 2 years (had one year left), but received a ~$441k buyout late July to play with CSKA. As reported, the NBA buyout could pay CSKA up to $850k to help cover. With this buyout amount, my guess is Aleksa’s contract is the same next year and the increase in buyout is to cover CSKA’s investment (~$500k contract + ~$441k buyout). 

If the Hawks have $1.2m to play with, that may be enough for it to be worth it financially for Aleksa, but playing time is likely a big factor in these negotiations as well. My guess is it’ll be more though so a 2 for 1 trade (reducing our cap under the tax) would likely have to take place before the preseason.

Screenshot_20240818_140103_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, bird_dirt said:

DeBarge” enough. 

I love this. Can we make a remake video of the Hawks rapping like 87 with Nique and Doc and Hastings 😆 oh myyyy all DeBarge. I would 💃 all night and watch it 💯 times.

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Awesome! This means if Aleksa’s been a pro internationally since 2013 (11 years), then the minimum contract possible is $3.3m. So it seems likely the MLE would be used to sign Aleksa. Waiving a player for a roster spot also doesn’t look possible if the goal is to stay under the lux tax. A consolidation trade would absolutely have to take place (before preseason) if signed. Really though, if ATL is being mentioned as a signing spot, then it makes me wonder if ATL FO already has a consolidation trade in place that can’t be announced yet due to a player’s current trade restrictions. The trade would likely be small (a dump with a SRP attached), but man do I hope it’s bigger and addresses our starting C issues.

Edited by djjob23

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, djjob23 said:

Awesome! This means if Aleksa’s been a pro internationally since 2013 (11 years), then the minimum contract possible is $3.3m. So it seems likely the MLE would be used to sign Aleksa. Waiving a player for a roster spot also doesn’t look possible if the goal is to stay under the lux tax. A consolidation trade would absolutely have to take place (before preseason) if signed. Really though, if ATL is being mentioned as a signing spot, then it makes me wonder if ATL FO already has a consolidation trade in place that can’t be announced yet due to a player’s current trade restrictions. The trade would likely be small (a dump with a SRP attached), but man do I hope it’s bigger and addresses our starting C issues.

I think it's NBA experience.

• Thanks 2

53 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

I think it's NBA experience.

That’s really good to know! Wasn’t sure where to find that info, but assumed that since it said “veteran players” and not “NBA veteran players”, that it would include international professional years as well. However, just found some info on this from an article about Yabusele seeking to come back to the NBA (link and quote below). With this being the case and ATL being $1.2m under the lux tax, then ATL could technically sign Aleksa to a minimum contract ($1,157,153) and finalize roster before preseason by either (A) waive a guaranteed contract player; or (B) do a 2 for 1 consolidation trade. If Aleksa signs for more than $1.2m this year, then ATL would have to do a cap reduction trade before preseason (likely a consolidation trade to finalize roster) to get below the lux tax (big or small). Regardless, ATL being in the news as a potential landing spot for Aleksa makes me excited that the FO may not be done making moves yet (there may be a trade already in place that we’re waiting to announce as official).

https://www.cbssports.com/olympics/news/olympic-star-guerschon-yabusele-seeking-nba-return-reportedly-has-2-5-million-buyout-in-real-madrid-contract/

”… Even on a one-year, guaranteed minimum contract, he would only earn a bit less than $2.1 million, as the NBA's minimum salary is based on years of service and Yabusele only has two.“

Edited by djjob23
  • Like 1

• Moderators
7 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Nice.  So we could cut Zeller and sign him to a minimum deal and still be under the tax.  Not sure if a minimum deal would convince him to come but good to know.  I was thinking we couldn’t fit anyone into that $1.2M.

14 hours ago, AHF said:

Nice.  So we could cut Zeller and sign him to a minimum deal and still be under the tax.

Not to derail the topic, but if this were the case, why wouldn’t they have done so with Bruno? Seems like it would have made more sense with him than this other guy.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Not to derail the topic, but if this were the case, why wouldn’t they have done so with Bruno? Seems like it would have made more sense with him than this other guy.

Because Bruno has more than 0 years of NBA experience.  Bruno would be more expensive than a player with 0 years of NBA experience.  As I understand Jay's posts, we can only cut someone and sign a player with no NBA experience and remain under the tax without other moves (with the exception of if we cut Garrison since he is not guaranteed and that would free up additional money).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, AHF said:

Because Bruno has more than 0 years of NBA experience.  Bruno would be more expensive than a player with 0 years of NBA experience.  As I understand Jay's posts, we can only cut someone and sign a player with no NBA experience and remain under the tax without other moves (with the exception of if we cut Garrison since he is not guaranteed and that would free up additional money).

Thank you!