• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

5 hours ago, JTB said:

We needed a physical player here!…unfortunate we couldn’t add him. 

For whatever reason, this player archetype has never seemed been a priority for this franchise in the more recent era. Even though the fans appreciate toughness and physicality, our front offices seem to think we would rather a team that doubles down on finesse. Another season, another lineup that lacks an enforcer to pitbull for your undersized franchise player or just have a big who controls the paint on both ends. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

12 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

For whatever reason, this player archetype has never seemed been a priority for this franchise in the more recent era. Even though the fans appreciate toughness and physicality, our front offices seem to think we would rather a team that doubles down on finesse. Another season, another lineup that lacks an enforcer to pitbull for your undersized franchise player or just have a big who controls the paint on both ends. 

Exactly! I’ve been complaining about this since the Johnson era…get Howard but he’s a shell of himself….had a great 60 win team but we had several scares in the playoffs including that brutal first rd vs the nets when Brook was having his way.

got Capela who’s more of a tweener between centers with size and mobile but he gets bullied to vs the right matchups.

it sucks this franchise doesn’t respect the quality of physical players. I’m starting to understand that though. 

IF Trae leaves and go plays with a good physical big, he’s going to make this franchise look silly for not putting in more effort.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
4 hours ago, JTB said:

IF Trae leaves and go plays with a good physical big, he’s going to make this franchise look silly for not putting in more effort.

we already look silly for the terrible team management the last 4 years.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

• Premium Member
18 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

This is my chief complaint through the Trae Young era.  There are a couple of things that we have known from pretty much day one - Trae needs finishers, shooters, and size around him.  I understand that we got sidetracked with the DJ trade, but it's like...this team has taken WAY too long to figure this out.

TBH, I can't really hold anything against this current regime (if Landry actually has the power to do his job).  I can only wait to see what we look like this season, but I'm gonna have a lot to say by the trade deadline.

• Like 2

• Moderators
27 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

You think the gm said 'tell Little he's waived' and then they accidentally told Liddell and then just waived both of them?

Basically shows they put zero value on Roddy and just swapped them so they could save a few dollars.  I do hope Roddy can give us some useful minutes this year if we run into injury issues (and I hope we don't).

• Like 1

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, AHF said:

Basically shows they put zero value on Roddy and just swapped them so they could save a few dollars.  I do hope Roddy can give us some useful minutes this year if we run into injury issues (and I hope we don't).

AHF, this is Atlanta sports so you know we will have plenty of injuries.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, Jdawgflow said:

AHF, this is Atlanta sports so you know we will have plenty of injuries.

That has definitely been the track record for the Hawks.  That is why I am hoping for a lack of injuries but that Roddy will give us meaningfully positive minutes if/when called on.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, AHF said:

Roddy

I thin Hawks fans and squawker win particular who are unfamiliar with Roddy’s game will be pleasantly surprised. He’s a candidate for “fan fav” in my eyes. He plays hard and plays his role well. This was a solid pick up for us. We are trending away from big names to big games. Well done Landry.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
49 minutes ago, AHF said:

That has definitely been the track record for the Hawks.  That is why I am hoping for a lack of injuries but that Roddy will give us meaningfully positive minutes if/when called on.

The Braves this year is like an infirmary.  I think Roddy will be neutral if/when he gets minutes which is a step up from last year.

• Like 3

• Premium Member

I swear these huge rookie extensions have these guys not caring at all during the offseason.  I dont remember guys “playing their way into shape” as much like 10-15 years ago.  Shaq is the only one that sticks out to me but maybe its just because there was less coverage

• Like 2

2 hours ago, kg01 said:

So many things!

First, I call shenanigans on Burd!  No way that's real.  Is that CGI?  AI?

WTF even is that?  Some Slovenian and1 miss-tape tour?  Some weird pro-(gottd)Am circuit?

Is that 1/2 speed?  Or 1/1000th speed?

What am I even looking at? 

😆

Is that part of the Goran Dragic retirement thingy?  I know he's from Slovenia, and I saw a bunch of references to Slovenia in the video.