• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

On 8/22/2024 at 12:29 PM, Jdawgflow said:

The Braves this year is like an infirmary.  I think Roddy will be neutral if/when he gets minutes which is a step up from last year.

Pretty sure Roddy is being worked out on the infield spots right now for the Braves.  🤪

• Premium Member
6 hours ago, Dragitoff said:

Pretty sure Roddy is being worked out on the infield spots right now for the Braves.  🤪

It wouldn’t surprise me. A few more days we’re gonna run out of players with all the injuries. And Matt Olson is not very consistent sadly.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
On 8/21/2024 at 7:53 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Just had a thought.....use the waive and stretch provision on Zeller.

Clears a roster spot and lowers the cap hit this year. (I'm not a Waive n Stretch fan though, particularly for a penny pinching team).

How the stretch works: Take Zeller's guaranteed 1 year, double it, plus add 1 year...so his $3.5 million owed this season is divided by 3 years gives a cap hit of $1.1 million in each of the next 3 seasons.

This would move us to $3.6 million under the tax.

This deal would need to happen by September 1st.

The deadline to waive and stretch was yesterday 08/31.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, bleachkit said:

Mark Jackson and Jeff Van Gundy were so much better. Funny, irreverent, unafraid to criticize players or refs. Doris Burke is a total snooze fest, sorry. 

Eh, they were fine.  I found the back n forth a bit contrived, actually a lot contrived.  I'm done with Mike Breen too.  And Burke had about a 2 year window where she was refreshing but that window closed years ago.

Give me Hubie Brown all day long.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, kg01 said:

Eh, they were fine.  I found the back n forth a bit contrived, actually a lot contrived.  I'm done with Mike Breen too.  And Burke had about a 2 year window where she was refreshing but that window closed years ago.

Give me Hubie Brown all day long.

Hubie Brown does a good job. Strait shooter, no gimmicks. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

As much as i hated him as a player i really prefer Reggie Miller calling the games over any of those guys.   No agenda, humility, none of the 'in my day' crap.  

Which is wild considering how much of an instigator he was/is. You would think he’d be an A-hole on the broadcasts, but he usually plays it fair. He will make references to old days but in a way that makes it relevant to what is happening on the court. 

• Like 4

Just on Bally sports, where I watch the Hawks, I wish they would get an announcer from the Dream, to fill in when Bob or Dominick have to miss a game.  She is Lachina Robinson, a former WNB player, easy on the eyes and a very knowledgeable announcer.

She would be a lot better than some of the substitutes I've listened to.

:smug:

• Like 1

Just now, Gray Mule said:

Just on Bally sports, where I watch the Hawks, I wish they would get an announcer from the Dream, to fill in when Bob or Dominick have to miss a game.  She is Lachina Robinson, a former WNB player, easy on the eyes and a very knowledgeable announcer.

She would be a lot better than some of the substitutes I've listened to.

:smug:

They should just get you to do it.