• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

• Moderators
39 minutes ago, djjob23 said:

SO TRUE and LOVE how Trae’s toughness seems to translate both on and off the court! Unfortunately, the so called source of this current media narrative doesn’t come from Trae directly, which dulls the bite on this awesome tweet. If only Trae had somebody else backing him up to validate his tweet and support him publicly… somebody that is referenced as the source…. like I don’t know… the ATL FO. 

I mean, this type of stuff is FO 101. Why sit on the fence when you’re allowing one side to blatantly drag your superstar’s value in the mud and the other side have your superstar exposed to negative narratives without any FO public comment potentially planting seeds of doubt about the FO’s loyalty, trust, and ability to build a contender. It’s just a recipe for disaster. Regardless of if there’s any validity this junk, you ALWAYS protect your superstar, if not for him, then for his value. 

Our FO sucks at managing the media.

• Like 4

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, djjob23 said:

SO TRUE and LOVE how Trae’s toughness seems to translate both on and off the court! Unfortunately, the so called source of this current media narrative doesn’t come from Trae directly, which dulls the bite on this awesome tweet. If only Trae had somebody else backing him up to validate his tweet and support him publicly… somebody that is referenced as the source…. like I don’t know… the ATL FO. 

I mean, this type of stuff is FO 101. Why sit on the fence when you’re allowing one side to blatantly drag your superstar’s value in the mud and the other side have your superstar exposed to negative narratives without any FO public comment potentially planting seeds of doubt about the FO’s loyalty, trust, and ability to build a contender. It’s just a recipe for disaster. Regardless of if there’s any validity this junk, you ALWAYS protect your superstar, if not for him, then for his value. 

It makes me wonder what kind of conversations are going on behind closed doors.  I want to believe that Trae and our front office have just mutually agreed to not play into the narrative.  I think that's best case.  I don't want to believe that our GM has that smug/smartest guy in the room attitude where they feel above the need to address things like this (one of the things I hated about BK).  I also don't want to believe they're just outright incompetent... 🤦🏾‍♂️

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I love how any thing Trae posts typically creates a citywide meltdown but when he makes a post mocking the BS agenda driven narratives it’s nothing but business as usual.

Trae could post a ⏳👀 and every sports reporter in Atlanta would be at his throat saying he should know better than to stir the post and create speculation.

Trae basically just told the world that everything being said about him is baseless bull. Why isn’t that getting picked up with the same energy as people complaining he didn’t acknowledge ZR on draft night so he must been asking for a trade? 

Unfortunately, Trae basically saying “everything being said about him is baseless bull” is expected from anyone trying to protect themselves, which is why it doesn’t help nullify the media’s narrative. It’s like having the Waterboy tell you “Water’s better than Gatorade!”

giphy.gif

9 hours ago, AHF said:

Our FO sucks at managing the media.

Agreed! The ATL FO is the issue here and why Trae’s public/media value continues to get attacked (wouldn’t be as easy if the FO publicly supported/protected him).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Trae basically just told the world that everything being said about him is baseless bull. Why isn’t that getting picked up with the same energy as people complaining he didn’t acknowledge ZR on draft night so he must been asking for a trade? 

To add to my previous post, the Trae not acknowledging ZR on draft night narrative involves Trae directly (not the ATL FO), so Trae would need to respond to the media’s narrative on that (to be the most effective).

The current media narrative (Trae was supposed to be traded, but his value’s too low for the Hawks to make a move.) involves the ATL FO directly (while dragging Trae’s value down), so the ATL FO needs to respond to this current narrative (to be the most effective), but their media management is TERRIBLE!

Edited by djjob23
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Welp… Sep 4 has come and gone (Nance is now available for a bundle trade).

Insiders… is ATL going to have 5 centers (CC, OO, Nance, Zeller, Barlow) for game 1  OR  does the FO still have some moves to make (this roster still has glaring issues)?

• Like 3

• Premium Member
8 hours ago, djjob23 said:

Welp… Sep 4 has come and gone (Nance is now available for a bundle trade).

Insiders… is ATL going to have 5 centers (CC, OO, Nance, Zeller, Barlow) for game 1  OR  does the FO still have some moves to make (this roster still has glaring issues)?

September 6th was the deadline.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

September 6th was the deadline.

Thanks @JayBirdHawk! Maybe I’m getting my info in all the wrong places. Image below shows transaction was official on Jul 6 and 60-days after that is Sep 4 (31 days in Jul and August). Is the trade aggregation with other players 60-days or 2 months? Where do you suggest I should get more accurate info?

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-DivQBUx8XIj.jp

Regardless… I hope we can get a status update from the insiders soon.

Edited by djjob23
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
17 minutes ago, djjob23 said:

Thanks @JayBirdHawk! Maybe I’m getting my info in all the wrong places. Image below shows transaction was official on Jul 6 and 60-days after that is Sep 4 (31 days in Jul and August). Is the trade aggregation with other players 60-days or 2 months? Where do you suggest I should get more accurate info?

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-DivQBUx8XIj.jp

Regardless… I hope we can get a status update from the insiders soon.

The CBA language I think, says 2 months.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/7/2024 at 9:30 AM, JayBirdHawk said:

The CBA language I think, says 2 months.

Thanks @JayBirdHawk! Yep, just found the lingo in the CBA (below). It’s 2 months and not 60 days… so Nance’s trade aggregation restriction with other players ended Sep 6. 

https://imgix.cosmicjs.com/25da5eb0-15eb-11ee-b5b3-fbd321202bdf-Final-2023-NBA-Collective-Bargaining-Agreement-6-28-23.pdf
Page 242: Article VII -Section 6(j)(4)(i):

Spoiler

(4) Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in Section 6(j)(1) above, the following rules will apply when a Team is aggregating the Contracts of two (2) or more Traded Players in a trade pursuant to a Traded Player Exception set forth in Section 6(j)(1)(ii), 6(j)(1)(iii), or 6(j)(1)(iv) above:

• (i) No player whose Player Contract was acquired pursuant to an Exception in the two (2) month period preceding the trade may be among the Traded Players whose Contracts are being aggregated pursuant to Sections 6(j)(ii), 6(j)(iii), or 6(j)(iv) above (for example, if a player were traded to a Team pursuant to an Exception on November 20, 2023, then the player’s Contract could not be aggregated with any other Contract for purposes of a trade until January 20, 2024); provided, however, that if a Team acquires a Player Contract pursuant to an Exception on or before December 16 of a Salary Cap Year, then the foregoing restriction shall not apply in the event the player is subsequently traded on or after the day prior to the NBA trade deadline of such Salary Cap Year; and
1 hour ago, thecampster said:

This offseason is taking forever

Agreed! Things are way too quiet right now for a team that’s on the hotseat this offseason and still contains a lot of unknowns. With the current makeup (should no other changes take place), ATL has a lot to prove this season. Due to the sure number of question marks with this team, it’s more likely the unknowns underwhelm expectations and they’ll likely give SAS a top 8 pick next draft. I just hope ATL FO and Trae are on the same page, comfortable with this possible scenario, and there’s no risk of a trade request.

Edited by djjob23

• Premium Member
24 minutes ago, djjob23 said:

Thanks @JayBirdHawk! Yep, just found the lingo in the CBA (below). It’s 2 months and not 60 days… so Nance’s trade aggregation restriction with other players ended Sep 6. 

https://imgix.cosmicjs.com/25da5eb0-15eb-11ee-b5b3-fbd321202bdf-Final-2023-NBA-Collective-Bargaining-Agreement-6-28-23.pdf
Page 242: Article VII -Section 6(j)(4)(i):

Reveal hidden contents

Agreed! Things are way too quiet right now for a team that’s on the hotseat this offseason and still contains a lot of unknowns. With the current makeup (should no other changes take place), ATL has a lot to prove this season. Due to the sure number of question marks with this team, it’s more likely the unknowns underwhelm expectations and they’ll likely give SAS a top 8 pick next draft. I just hope ATL FO and Trae are on the same page, comfortable with this possible scenario, and there’s no risk of a trade request.

Top 8?? There’s a better chance we give up a top 4 pick… 5-8 seems very unlikely unless trae and jj both get injured for most of the season