• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

2 hours ago, AHF said:

Repeat a lie often enough and a lot of people believe it.  A sadly proven fact.  Don't let them use it against you Landry!  Push back when those lies start floating around our Hawks.

Ain't that the truth.

2 hours ago, KB21 said:

Quickley's contract just shows you how the NBA is valuing 2 way wings these days.

Quickley is a wing? Still not worth that imo..

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, Afro said:

We've now reached the point where the narrative is Trae's value has "tanked" too. So I'm not really sure they can pivot that way either.  Weeeeeeee. 

I know we want to believe it's just a narrative but teams see how physical the NBA got in the last half of the season last year (when Trae was out) and Trae's potential to get abused on defense skyrocketed.  Everyone knows he's elite on offense (but also requires the ball in his hands so fit is an issue on a lot of rosters).  The contract isn't pretty either.  He's likely mostly valuable to owners that struggle to fill their arenas right now followed closely by teams that seriously lack offensive talent or engines (like the Magic).

It's been clear we are testing his value in the market and none of the reporting has indicated much interest, from any teams.  Our insiders report the same.  The only reason we think that is other teams "trying to create leverage to get Trae" is because we are starting with the conclusion and working backwards, ignoring the evidence.  None of this means Trae has no value, just that it isn't going to be a an insane package like Mikal just got or what the Cavs had to give up to get Mitchell, etc.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I said DJM to NOLA. I followed it up with "I believe" BI is in it. I would trust Jakes reporting since he is as close to the Hawks as any of the national reporters. I still believe a deal with the pels is complete just means BI isn't in it. 

What's the holdup then?  Is it Pels finding a taker for BI and getting something Hawks want?

3 minutes ago, terrell said:

Ain't that the truth.

Quickley is a wing? Still not worth that imo..

Yeah, since when is Quickley a 2-way anything?  He's certainly not a wing.  

Just now, Birdsfan said:

What's the holdup then?  Is it Pels finding a taker for BI and getting something Hawks want?

Landry, comma, Fields...

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I know we want to believe it's just a narrative but teams see how physical the NBA got in the last half of the season last year (when Trae was out) and Trae's potential to get abused on defense skyrocketed.  Everyone knows he's elite on offense (but also requires the ball in his hands so fit is an issue on a lot of rosters).  The contract isn't pretty either.  He's likely mostly valuable to owners that struggle to fill their arenas right now followed closely by teams that seriously lack offensive talent or engines (like the Magic).

It's been clear we are testing his value in the market and none of the reporting has indicated much interest, from any teams.  Our insiders report the same.  The only reason we think that is other teams "trying to create leverage to get Trae" is because we are starting with the conclusion and working backwards, ignoring the evidence.  None of this means Trae has no value, just that it isn't going to be a an insane package like Mikal just got or what the Cavs had to give up to get Mitchell, etc.

I get what you're saying. 

But it's missing the context that Landry hasn't been able to get value out of anyone so far. If there was a good deal on the table for literally anyone on the roster, I would imagine they would have taken at least one by now? 

What you're saying is half of it. But completely ignores the other half. Are we really just gonna sit here and say "Whelp, Landry can't get a good deal for anyone. Oh well"

@JeffS17 I get that you're on the side of supporting Landry and I am on the complete opposite side for most things. 

But if Landry isn't able to do anything with this roster, do you think that's good? 

I'm not asking you to blame him at all. You can completely remove him if you'd like and just substitute "The Hawks" in. 

Edited by Afro

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

disclaimer: i am over analyzing everything. 

I'm not thrilled with this quote.  Makes it sound like we're starting over.  plus Trae's total silence on anything Hawks related this summer is concerning to me. 

I had a dream they traded Trae and kept Murray(for now).. 

Cant remember where or for who though.. lol

Edited by terrell

• Premium Member
1 minute ago, Afro said:

I get what you're saying. 

But it's missing the context that Landry hasn't been able to get value out of anyone so far. If there was a good deal on the table for literally anyone on the roster, I would imagine they would have taken at least one by now? 

What you're saying is half of it. But completely ignores the other half. Are we really just gonna sit here and say "Whelp, Landry can't get a good deal for anyone. Oh well"

The flip side to not "getting a good deal for anyone" is making moves under desperation and getting bad deals done.  From all the reporting I have heard, Landry is valuing our core pieces high in trades.  If he doesn't value them highly, how will anyone else?  I'll judge the offseason when it's over.

• Moderators
Just now, JeffS17 said:

The flip side to not "getting a good deal for anyone" is making moves under desperation and getting bad deals done.  From all the reporting I have heard, Landry is valuing our core pieces high in trades.  If he doesn't value them highly, how will anyone else?  I'll judge the offseason when it's over.

Who are our core pieces?

• Premium Member
Just now, Afro said:

@JeffS17 I get that you're on the side of supporting Landry and I am on the complete opposite side for most things. 

But if Landry isn't able to do anything with this roster, do you think that's good? 

Of course not.  But the offseason just started.  Moving AJ is whatever-- I wrote him off when he stopped practicing basketball and started preparing for the rapture.  I'm patiently waiting to see what the final roster will look like before I pass judgement.  We clearly need change this offseason

• Moderators
1 minute ago, JeffS17 said:

I'll judge the offseason when it's over.

That is the right time to judge.  Last offseason was a failure.  This one is even more important.  Let Fields do his work, and we will see where things land at the end of the offseason.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

That is the next step. I am absolutely not giving Landry the benefit of the doubt here because we KNOW what the next step is. The next step is to start shipping them off for poor value. 

And I'm not trying to be hyperbolic. That is what is coming. 

Edited by Afro

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Sothron said:

Update 

We are talking with Cleveland. Straight swap of hunter for Allen. 

This would give you DJM and CC to deal to get another wing.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
Just now, macdaddy said:

Who are our core pieces?

Trae/DJ/Hunter/Capela/OO/Bogi.  These are the guys that you have to work to get positive value out of because they've all been extended on contracts that reflect their ability (in theory, at least).  I am of course assuming JJ and Kobe are not going anywhere.

50 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I said DJM to NOLA. I followed it up with "I believe" BI is in it. I would trust Jakes reporting since he is as close to the Hawks as any of the national reporters. I still believe a deal with the pels is complete just means BI isn't in it. 

So Herb Jones it is? lol

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1