• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

3 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

Playing hard ball like that shifts the culture over time, too, once a lot of guys in the locker room have had to prove themselves before getting paid.  It's one of the things I respect about Miami's FO.  The big question for me is how much hard ball are we going to be playing when it comes time for Trae's extension.

Last time Trae was eyeing a new contract, he took us to the ECF. I am all for him playing with a bit of a chip, backed against the wall. 

• Like 1

• Moderators
9 hours ago, JeffS17 said:

Playing hard ball like that shifts the culture over time, too, once a lot of guys in the locker room have had to prove themselves before getting paid.  It's one of the things I respect about Miami's FO.  The big question for me is how much hard ball are we going to be playing when it comes time for Trae's extension.

UFA and RFA are completely different dynamics.  You better play hard ball with RFAs.  You can’t do nearly as much of that with UFAs unless the rest of the market just isn’t interested at a given price point.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

UFA and RFA are completely different dynamics.  You better play hard ball with RFAs.  You can’t do nearly as much of that with UFAs unless the rest of the market just isn’t interested at a given price point.

Yeah, mostly just do not want to see a favorable extension with a year left on his contract.  We should not give a player option on this one, for instance.  There's always something to be said about getting that extension early, even if the player isn't a RFA.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Well there aren't any teams in the league interested in Trae and based on 'metrics' he's best suited to be a 20 minute player off the bench so i don't expect him to get more than 10-12 mill a year on his next contract.

m2YTOU%2BdbJrQk5EaevcE=

nailed-it-ron-swanson-parks-and-recreati

laughing-laugh-dog-giggle-chuckle-gif-15

• Haha 3

• Moderators
2 hours ago, macdaddy said:

Well there aren't any teams in the league interested in Trae and based on 'metrics' he's best suited to be a 20 minute player off the bench so i don't expect him to get more than 10-12 mill a year on his next contract.

m2YTOU%2BdbJrQk5EaevcE=

According to Supes your prediction is more than 2x what Trae should take since he should take 10% of his current salary on his next deal.  I can't believe think he'll get overpaid to the tune of $10-12M a year.  Some people are just too loose with the pocket strings.

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
49 minutes ago, AHF said:

According to Supes your prediction is more than 2x what Trae should take since he should take 10% of his current salary on his next deal.  I can't believe think he'll get overpaid to the tune of $10-12M a year.  Some people are just too loose with the pocket strings.

willem-dafoe-side-eye-omg-lol-wide-eyes-

• Haha 2

• Moderators
1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The annual Offseason Ben Simmons looks good vid

I love that this combines the player who may be dead until you check his pulse coming for a big "revenge" season (revenge against his own apathy?) with the "guy who can't shoot nailing 3's in a summer workout highlight video."  It makes for quite the combo.  When you tell me that Simmons is B A C K but then you suggest that he will be trying to have a Steph Curry season of long 3's, I don't know how you expect me to take that seriously.

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Dang this is finally Ben Simmons' last year on his contract.  He's played 57 games total the last three seasons.  Y'all think he'll be out of the NBA next year?

We should sign him for a vet min to come off the bench

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

Dang this is finally Ben Simmons' last year on his contract.  He's played 57 games total the last three seasons.  Y'all think he'll be out of the NBA next year?

Once the price drops enough, it actually makes sense to bet on a comeback.  He'll find a spot if he wants one.  He will never need to play again if he doesn't feel like it so no guarantees.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

He's gonna be league MVP next season

For the Shanghai Sharks 

• Haha 1