• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

• Premium Member

Best available free agents less than two weeks before training camps open: Markelle Fultz Dennis Smith Jr. Jae Crowder Robert Covington Doug McDermott Justin Holiday Oshae Brissett Bismack Biyombo Danilo Gallinari Danuel House

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Best available free agents less than two weeks before training camps open: Markelle Fultz Dennis Smith Jr. Jae Crowder Robert Covington Doug McDermott Justin Holiday Oshae Brissett Bismack Biyombo Danilo Gallinari Danuel House

Dennis Smith (PG/defense), Covington (3-D Wing) and Gallo (shot making big) would be guys I would sign if we had open spots on our roster.

But we don’t. We value Zeller and Roddy apparently more than those names and skillsets lol

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, Sothron said:

Hard to believe we're apparently going into TC with 4 centers and no proven backup PG.

Damn that is cray.  Landry and company opting for their 2 guards to assume the role in spots.  

I’ve never been a fan of that unless your 2s are elite and can give me a 2:1 assist to turn.  Bogi and Dyson can both do the latter but neither are elite overall.  Book failed pretty bad and he is elite whereas Don Mitchell shined most with Garland in street clothes lol.

Edited by benhillboy
  • Like 1

• Moderators
1 hour ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Dennis Smith (PG/defense), Covington (3-D Wing) and Gallo (shot making big) would be guys I would sign if we had open spots on our roster.

But we don’t. We value Zeller and Roddy apparently more than those names and skillsets lol

Even I don't think Landry values Zeller and Roddy a ton.  Because of the way Landry let NO set the terms of the trade, we ended up taking two players we didn't want to balance salaries.  There was an easy solution to this by having NO combine the deal with their trade with Washington but we didn't make that happen and just took it on the chin.  

We shopped both of these players after we ate their contracts and ended up flipping Liddell for Roddy and are still sitting on Zeller.  I do think the flip of EJ for Roddy was an improvement over not doing anything else.

• Premium Member
2 hours ago, RedDawg#8 said:

I would sign if we had open spots on our roster.

I don't think they value Zeller or Roddy, it's more a financial bugaboo.

Hawks are $1.2 million under the Luxury Tax so out right releasing Zeller and Roddy won't do much to clear space to sign even a vet min without going over.

The Zeller inclusion in the DJ trade really screwed us and the biggest part of that besides creating a roster crunch is because his $3.5 million is more than the vet min, the entire amount counts against the cap. If it was the vet min, only $2.2 million would count against the cap.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

SNY sources: Knicks center Mitchell Robinson will not be ready for the start of the regular season. Depending on rehab process, December/January is a target for Robinson’s return, per sources. Robinson is recovering from offseason ankle surgery. Knicks and Robinson do not want to rush the rehab process and both want Robinson 100% healthy before his return. NYK internally is confident in the depth and versatility of the team to compete while Robinson is out, per league sources.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, AHF said:

There was an easy solution to this by having NO combine the deal with their trade with Washington but we didn't make that happen and just took it on the chin

Was it up to us or was Travis taking a sip of revenge for how he was pushed out? Definitely sucks we couldn't make it happen, but I doubt it was lack of trying

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

I think Garrison is the one guy without a guarantee.  Looks like they want to keep him instead of any other option at third string PG.

Looks like Dyson would shift to PG if Trae or Kobe go down.  

Dyson should definitely be able to play some PG minutes based on what I saw in the Olympics.  He'll have to, anyways-- not possible to be have quality rotation guys 3 deep at every position 

• Like 2

• Moderators
2 hours ago, akay said:

Was it up to us or was Travis taking a sip of revenge for how he was pushed out? Definitely sucks we couldn't make it happen, but I doubt it was lack of trying

It was Travis.

It cost Washington nothing to do it.  NO let Washington get Jonas V without insisting on combining the deals.  We let NO take DM without insisting on combining the deals.  

Washington and NO got everything they wanted.  The only team that was hurt was us.  Plus we let NO double protect the pick on top of that.  I'm not impressed by Landry's efforts in how these aspects of the deal were finalized.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

15 hours ago, Sothron said:

Hard to believe we're apparently going into TC with 4 centers and no proven backup PG.

Backup PF is more of an issue then backup PG, IMO. I hope Larry Nance can play the 4 again.

• Like 1