• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

4 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

SNY sources: Knicks center Mitchell Robinson will not be ready for the start of the regular season. Depending on rehab process, December/January is a target for Robinson’s return, per sources. Robinson is recovering from offseason ankle surgery. Knicks and Robinson do not want to rush the rehab process and both want Robinson 100% healthy before his return. NYK internally is confident in the depth and versatility of the team to compete while Robinson is out, per league sources.

Don't worry, folks.  Per fakegm, Knix will just acquire OO or Capela for cheap.  Ya know, so we can continue our rebuild. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• Moderators
5 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Kiss of death

How many times are we going to keep saying this just to get disappointed in the end at the return?

The big difference for me is that keeping him means you drop a bunch of money off the cap next season which needs to happen.  (Because I assume there is no universe in which Tony pays the tax next year).  Dumping him for multiple expiring contracts doesn't get you anything more and in fact really complicates things unless you can package Zeller or someone else to match the number of incoming players.  Tough to see a lot of expiring contracts big enough to match CC that make sense in a deal...unless a pick gets attached in which case it is the value of the draft asset(s) that is driving the deal.

But we'll see.  If we downgrade talent by trading him out and don't get value back to make up the difference, then I will certainly be disappointed.

• Like 1

• Premium Member

Screenshot_20240924_115414_Samsung Internet.jpgThe difficulty with a Knick trade is the number of players we'd need to take back for them to make up the $22.2 mil that Capela is owed.

These are the guys they would most likely want to include and it will be multiple players needed to get to $22.2 million.

Screenshot_20240924_115414_Samsung Internet.jpg

NYK would need to send out at least 3 players if Robinson is included. If he isn't it's a lot more to get to $22.2 mil. Hawks have 14 guaranteed spots and GMats non-guarantee, which means we'll need to cut 1 or 2 or 3 players to match salaries coming from NY.

It would need to be a 3 team trade to offset the number of players the Knicks need to send out.

These are the picks they have to trade, which would most likely end up being 2nds:

2025 first round draft pick from Detroit
Detroit's 1st round pick to New York protected for selections 1-13 in 2025, 1-11 in 2026 and 1-9 in 2027; if Detroit has not conveyed a 1st round pick to New York by 2027, then Detroit will instead convey its 2027 2nd round pick to New York (via Houston to Oklahoma City) [Detroit-Houston, 11/24/2020; Houston-Oklahoma City, 7/30/2021; New York-Oklahoma City, 6/23/2022]

2025 first round draft pick from Washington
Washington's 1st round pick to New York protected for selections 1-10 in 2025 and 1-8 in 2026; if Washington has not conveyed a 1st round pick to New York by 2026, then Washington will instead convey its 2026 2nd round pick and 2027 2nd round pick to New York (via Houston to Oklahoma City) [Houston-Washington, 12/2/2020; Houston-Oklahoma City, 7/30/2021; New York-Oklahoma City, 6/23/2022]

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Lakers open to trading first-round picks

via x.com

2025 - To ATL (via NOP)

2026 - Own

2027 - 1-4 Own; 5-30 to UTH

2028 - Own

2029 - Own

2030 - Own

2031 - Own

• Premium Member

Think Yimmy requests a trade?

At the end of last season, Riley avoided confirming whether the Heat would offer Butler an extension. His season-ending comments were fiery, and Hardaway wasn’t surprised. “I was waiting on that,” Hardaway said on All the Smoke podcast.”I knew something was going to happen. I told some people, I said, ‘Pat gonna talk this year,’ especially you know he’s tired of a lot of things that are going on with the team. He’s tired of Jimmy Butler.”

– via BasketNews
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Think Yimmy requests a trade?

At the end of last season, Riley avoided confirming whether the Heat would offer Butler an extension. His season-ending comments were fiery, and Hardaway wasn’t surprised. “I was waiting on that,” Hardaway said on All the Smoke podcast.”I knew something was going to happen. I told some people, I said, ‘Pat gonna talk this year,’ especially you know he’s tired of a lot of things that are going on with the team. He’s tired of Jimmy Butler.”

– via BasketNews

Riley is a whole fraud and that cult of people he has following him down there (and elsewhere) are clowns.

Jimi is overrated and has worn out his welcome, as he does literally everywhere.  But that doesn't absolve Riley of his dereliction of duty the past several years.

1 hour ago, macdaddy said:

I'm here for the Heat's implosion.  

Oh you know that gets my juices flowin'.. 

• Like 3

• Moderators

Nah, Riley has earned his HOF credentials as a coach and executive.  I, of course, am rooting on the Heat to implode but calling him a fraud is several steps too far.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, AHF said:

Nah, Riley has earned his HOF credentials as a coach and executive.  I, of course, am rooting on the Heat to implode but calling him a fraud is several steps too far.

Today ... in 2024 .. he is a FRAUD.

His job ... today is not to stand on his accomplishments and tell everyone about his resume.

His job .. today .. is to build a team.

How's he been at that the last few years?  He's been very Troy Weaver-ish.

He shld similarly be fired. 

• Moderators
2 hours ago, kg01 said:

Today ... in 2024 .. he is a FRAUD.

His job ... today is not to stand on his accomplishments and tell everyone about his resume.

His job .. today .. is to build a team.

How's he been at that the last few years?  He's been very Troy Weaver-ish.

He shld similarly be fired. 

Track record is still important and the Heat were literally in the NBA finals one year ago and last year lost in the playoffs to the eventual NBA champs.  If he deserves to be fired almost every GM in the league deserves to be fired.  They don't seem to be trending the right direction but that is natural.  GS, Denver, and others haven't been improving every year lately either but firing the GM doesn't always make sense when the roster is aging but still way too competitive to get back in the lottery.

1 hour ago, AHF said:

Track record is still important and the Heat were literally in the NBA finals one year ago and last year lost in the playoffs to the eventual NBA champs.  If he deserves to be fired almost every GM in the league deserves to be fired.  They don't seem to be trending the right direction but that is natural.  GS, Denver, and others haven't been improving every year lately either but firing the GM doesn't always make sense when the roster is aging but still way too competitive to get back in the lottery.

So you're with me?

FireRiley!

😏