AHF

53 minutes ago, NBASupes said:

It could be. They may think this is like Boston but

Brunson

Hart

Bridges

OG

KAT

Ain't gonna work defensively. Too easy to abuse the PnR but they will abuse you on offense. 

I see A LOT of missed games in that lineup with KAT and OG....

Thibs will play them 45 min a night.. lol

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, JTB said:

I’m surprised the Knicks did that trade honestly. As someone else already mentioned, it makes them softer.

Mitchell Robinson must be more injured than we know.... 

• Like 1

• Premium Member
57 minutes ago, Phunkabilly said:

@Sothron Any word if the Hawks made a last minute push for KAT once word that a Knicks deal was getting closer? Or were the Hawks not really interested to begin with?

the salary/fit was a real concern. We had talks with the Knicks about Randle any by that I mean the Knicks called us and tried very hard to pull us into a deal. One of my sources has told me that due to the 1st LT apron both MINN and NYK are under that they still need to fit around 9 million of outgoing salary from the Knicks to make the proposed trade legal. That means Mitchel Robinson is probably the odd man out.

So I'm guessing the Knicks aren't done dealing. If they put KAT back to center it leaves them without a rim protector.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sothron said:

we lost power, it was crazy wind, I stayed up until 5:15 am today because the wind was so bad I wanted to be able to get Mrs. Sothron out of the house if necessary. but we are okay and the power is back. thanks so much for asking. I know all of us kid around but I really see the Squawk as an extended family that cares for each other

Yeah, yall my step-cousins.  I can't stand some-a yall but, when we get to fightin with the neighbors, I won't let you get beat up.

7 hours ago, Spud2nique said:

I traveled the world and the 7 seas..

Everybody's lookin fo' somethin'....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, capstone21 said:

Kat is slow and lazy … that and his salary … I didn’t want him.  They did surround him with D though which will help.  The big winner might be mikal bridges as he won’t be doubled

That's interesting.  I expect OG to remain hobbled.  Once he's out, who in that lineup is a defender?  Bridges 'can be', but we haven't seem that since he was in PHX.  He may be one that's decided, now that he scores, he can't devote as much energy to the other end.  That Bradley Beal career arc. 

• Haha 1

• Premium Member
7 hours ago, Phunkabilly said:

@Sothron Any word if the Hawks made a last minute push for KAT once word that a Knicks deal was getting closer? Or were the Hawks not really interested to begin with?

It would require Ressler to be willing to pay the Luxury Tax.

What would a trade look like? KAT ($49 mil) for  CC and Hunter ($43.9 mil) and what else?

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, kg01 said:

That's interesting.  I expect OG to remain hobbled.  Once he's out, who in that lineup is a defender?  Bridges 'can be', but we haven't seem that since he was in PHX.  He may be one that's decided, now that he scores, he can't devote as much energy to the other end.  That Bradley Beal career arc. 

OG and KAT taking up 60+ percent of the cap. Yowza!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

i_fe_c0_50_anthony-edwards.png?w=190
The Wolves made the deal to maximize Edwards’ window for the long haul, team sources told The Athletic. The Wolves wanted to make sure Edwards could be on a competitive playoff team for much longer than just the next two years and believe the flexibility this move provides will aid that pursuit. Dealing Towns also could help them retain Reid, a wildly popular player in Minnesota who could be a free agent next summer. — Krawczynski

– via New York Times

Ian Begley: Donte DiVincenzo was a sticking point in trade talks between New York and Minnesota. Minnesota became very intrigued once DiVincenzo became a realistic option, per SNY sources. DiVincenzo, who set NYK record for made 3-pt FGs last year, may have come off NYK bench this season

– via x.com
  • Like 1