• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

19 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What is Charlotte getting. Knicks need to send out approximately $6 mil more I think.

@kg01 maybe this is how Thobs' buddy Taj Gibson ends back up there, LOL.

I had them in mind as a Randle destination, for some reason. 

• Premium Member

This is rich poetry right here....

"

KAT got Bitch in his game.   Not a bad bitch like Jonquel Jones or Candance Parker.  But a sorry bitch...

I'd rather keep JC. "

Just wanted to make it clear that the reference was to basketball players on the court... not off.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Unrelated, but what's the best trade you can get if we package Clint, Nance, and either the Lakers 1st/Kings 1st?

A starting role player like Okoro.. not an all-star

Honestly, Jalen Suggs would be ideal but that ain't happening.

Edited by theheroatl

• Premium Member
1 hour ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Unrelated, but what's the best trade you can get if we package Clint, Nance, and either the Lakers 1st/Kings 1st?

Best? Tough one at this point. We've seen the Ayton for CC and Nance, but no pick. There might be separate trades available for varying contenders but I don't think we'd get a 'better' player by including pick(s).

This was my July proposal and with Mark Williams out injured, again, tome fir a revisit......Charlotte might need a starter. 

On 7/15/2024 at 7:01 PM, JayBirdHawk said:

Forget Hunter: the Charlotte trade should be CC for Nick Richards + filler.

These are the kinds of trade ideas floating around:

Golden State Warriors receive: Clint Capela

Atlanta Hawks receive: Moses Moody, Gary Payton II, Kevon Looney and a 2026 second-round pick (via ATL)

2 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

We've had many a KAT threads over the years. Here are a few for your reading pleasure:

@JayBirdHawk gonna call me out for something 20 years ago when I was drunk at a club in the early 2’s. I was boppin to Nelly and on that expando chit man I woulda said anything. :batman:

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Reminder that Leon Rose used to be KAT's agent.

So, he’s where the Knicks nix’d their own fate if I may. They went one step too far with KAT. They were building something nice with a cohesive unit that had chemistry with Divencenzo and they took a gamble on a big name like KAT and basically gave themselves a deadline and window 🪟 for a ring. Which they won’t get with KAT you can book it.

They got greedy and messed up with this KAT deal imo. Just too many factors working against them both on and off the court now with the salaries. I swear the Knicks just continue to be dumb, even when you think they turned the corner they never cease to amaze me. 

• Thanks 3

• Premium Member
27 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

So, he’s where the Knicks nix’d their own fate if I may. They went one step too far with KAT. They were building something nice with a cohesive unit that had chemistry with Divencenzo

TIFWIW

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, ATLHawks3 said:

No way we trade that 1st.  One James or Davis injury and that's a lotto pick.  As it is, it may still be. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators

Regarding the KAT trade i honestly think it's a win for both teams.   KAT on the Knicks in the east makes them easily a top 3 team.   I didn't see Randle playing on the Knicks deepest playoff run in years.   His best seasons are behind him.  

But in Minnesota those two guys will fit right in on a team that has an actual superstar.   

Still think Hawks should have gotten KAT but maybe it wasn't possible i don't know.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1