• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

So Herb Jones it is? lol

I'm pretty sure that I am on record somewhere that I would take a DJM for Herb swap straight up(the contracts dont match for a cheap ass team like the Pelicans though lol)

My only question is.....We've seen what happens when Trae is the *only* ball handler on the court. Is Bogi now starting? Assuming Trae/Herb/JJ/Allen(or whomever) would be penciled in at the other 4 spots. 

4 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

Finding the replacement for Hunter at the 3 is going to be interesting.  Any clue who we would target other than BI?  

DJ to MIN for McDaniels....

• Like 1

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Afro said:

I'm pretty sure that I am on record somewhere that I would take a DJM for Herb swap straight up(the contracts dont match for a cheap ass team like the Pelicans though lol)

My only question is.....We've seen what happens when Trae is the *only* ball handler on the court. Is Bogi now starting? Assuming Trae/Herb/JJ/Allen(or whomever) would be penciled in at the other 4 spots. 

Yes Bogi starting.  Trae/Bogi was our best backcourt by far last season.   this works until ZR is ready. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Afro said:

We've now reached the point where the narrative is Trae's value has "tanked" too. So I'm not really sure they can pivot that way either.  Weeeeeeee. 

florida-evans-damn.gif.0b5d481a398d54dde13740efde45b9c7.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, macdaddy said:

Yes Bogi starting.  Trae/Bogi was our best backcourt by far last season.   this works until ZR is ready. 

That scares me a little with Bogi's health/what happens to him when he plays heavy minutes. 

Better than what we currently have by far. But still a little concerned. I did forget about Boykin though, so nevermind lol. 

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

I know we want to believe it's just a narrative but teams see how physical the NBA got in the last half of the season last year (when Trae was out) and Trae's potential to get abused on defense skyrocketed.  Everyone knows he's elite on offense (but also requires the ball in his hands so fit is an issue on a lot of rosters).  The contract isn't pretty either.  He's likely mostly valuable to owners that struggle to fill their arenas right now followed closely by teams that seriously lack offensive talent or engines (like the Magic).

It's been clear we are testing his value in the market and none of the reporting has indicated much interest, from any teams.  Our insiders report the same.  The only reason we think that is other teams "trying to create leverage to get Trae" is because we are starting with the conclusion and working backwards, ignoring the evidence.  None of this means Trae has no value, just that it isn't going to be a an insane package like Mikal just got or what the Cavs had to give up to get Mitchell, etc.

download.jpg.f643cbe93c50345e971164f1c18c8e90.jpg

• Premium Member

Bogi is a prime trade candidate in my opinion.  He's aging out and injury prone coming off one of his best seasons ever.  I love Bogi and would be sad to see him go but if I'm Landry, I'm absolutely feeling out his trade value

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
2 minutes ago, LucastheThird said:

It's replacing Hunter, not that much pressure

He can replace Hunter as the starter but we still need more depth on the wing.  Hunter would need to be replaced on the roster if he is dealt.  We were a disaster when Hunter or JJ was off the court last year and it was partly because of their value but also significantly because we had no one fit to cover those minutes when they were out.

15 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

The flip side to not "getting a good deal for anyone" is making moves under desperation and getting bad deals done.  From all the reporting I have heard, Landry is valuing our core pieces high in trades.  If he doesn't value them highly, how will anyone else?  I'll judge the offseason when it's over.

Hawks fans have been overvaluing our players for years...

Huerter was the only bad trade as far as return..

JC and AJ didn't have value at all..

Edited by terrell
  • Like 1

Just now, JeffS17 said:

Bogi is a prime trade candidate in my opinion.  He's aging out and injury prone coming off one of his best seasons ever.  I love Bogi and would be sad to see him go but if I'm Landry, I'm absolutely feeling out his trade value

Agreed Jeff.

He is a positive asset right now, use him wisely even package him with DJM to get a blockbuster.. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, terrell said:

Hawks fans have been overvaluing our players for years...

All fans overvalue their players.  Take a look at some other boards sometimes.  We're tame in that regard. 

• Sad 1

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, Afro said:

I am on record somewhere that I would take a DJM for Herb swap straight up(the contracts dont match for a cheap ass team like the Pelicans though lol)

I would also do that and would even throw in something else and take back ugly salary like Nance in the deal.  He would be a huge upgrade to our rotation and having DJM no longer playing SG would be hugely positive as well.

• Like 1