• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
22 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Heh.  The only sane reaction ...

dave-chappelle-snl-hate-to-gif-19605814.

Somehow, I just became DDV's biggest fan.

Also, ain' no way he beefin' with the dad but all good with the son.  Guess now we know why they tossed shade on him on his way out the door.

Last, when we gonna see all the stories about Brunson being a bad teammate?

Couldn't work with the guy in Dallas.

Had to have all his daddy and all his college teammates to come to his new team.

Now he gets one of his boys(sic) shipped outta town in a messy divorce?

But no hit piece for clicks?  Cmon, sun. 

On 9/28/2024 at 9:16 AM, JeffS17 said:

I think losing DiVencenzo is pretty painful for NY in this trade.  Also traded a guy whos known for being tough for a guy known for being soft.

I really think that while it was necessary to get rid of randle,  the knicks should have done w/e they can to retain hartenstein.  OG and Mikal have to seriously buy into their roles for the new squad to work, because everyones touches/shots are going down.  Going to be a lot of sacrificing on offense across the board and I think they will miss having elite role playing guys in hart/divencenzo that go out and give 100% effort every single night. 

Hartenstein had a net rating of +10 last year, by far the highest on the team.  All of the intangibles, hustle plays, second efforts he was bringing to the court you will not get out of KAT.  And no one on that squad is replicating Divencenzo's 40% 3P efficiency on nine attempts a game

• Like 3

• Premium Member
57 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

really think that while it was necessary to get rid of randle,  the knicks should have done w/e they can to retain hartenstein. 

The Knicks were limited to how much they could offer him and did offer Hartenstein the max they could of 4yrs/$72 mil ($18 per).  He chased free agent money from a team with capspace who could offer more 3yr/$87 ($29 per).

• Like 3

The Knicks messed with the chemistry they had going. Now they will be like the Twolves from 2015- 2022 with KAT, insignificant.

The Wolves hadn’t turned a corner or anything. They just landed a superstar in ant 🐜 that changed the trajectory of the team.

KAT is a chem killer watch.

If I was the Knicks, I would have gotten rid of Randle but not for Towns, for folks that will fit the chemistry. KAT kinda kills things.

• Like 2

• Premium Member
9 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

The Knicks were limited to how much they could offer him and did offer Hartenstein the max they could of 4yrs/$72 mil ($18 per).  He chased free agent money from a team with capspace who could offer more 3yr/$87 ($29 per).

Oh, that's right, forgot about this.  I love that they lost him for short changing him 1 year on that last deal lol...

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

The Knicks messed with the chemistry they had going. Now they will be like the Twolves from 2015- 2022 with KAT, insignificant.

The Wolves hadn’t turned a corner or anything. They just landed a superstar in ant 🐜 that changed the trajectory of the team.

If I was the Knicks, I would have gotten rid of Randle but not for Towns, for folks that will fit the chemistry. KAT kinda kills things.

There's more truth here than the national media acknowledges right now. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Moderators
19 minutes ago, Spud2nique said:

This team will be a legacy moment for KAT.  He has been on plenty of bad teams and then was on a very good one last year that was the unfortunate loser of the rock, paper, scissors setup between Minnesota, Denver and Dallas.  

New York has plenty of talent so if they end up being good it will reflect well on him and if they fall apart it will reflect on him in much the same way.  They shouldn’t be viewed as a title or bust team but they need to be one off the best in the East to meet expectations.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Premium Member

Joel Embiid done with back-to-back games?

i_1c_20_99_joel-embiid.png?w=190

And, after playing in just 433 of a possible 637 games across the past eight seasons — not counting the first two years of his career that were lost to foot injuries — Embiid’s days of playing back-to-backs appear to be over. “If I had to guess,” Embiid said, “I would probably never play back-to-backs the rest of my career.” “We’re going to be smart about it,” Morey said. “Part of being smart about it is having both Paul and Joel probably not play many back to backs, if any.”

– via ESPN
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, macdaddy said:

I'd like to pile on Embiid because i'm not a fan of his but seriously why do we even have b2bs anymore.  Just shorten the season by 10 games and get rid of them.  

This fall's pre-season games.  Hawks have played only one.  Been a while.  Now we have three in four days!  Go figure.

:bb:

• Moderators
19 hours ago, kg01 said:

F*ck that.  These babies need to play.  With all the medical advances of the past few decades, it makes no sense to have to dumb down the schedule any more than they already have.

Then what's the solution, kg?

Well, it's simple.  How long did the average player's body last in the 70's, 80's, 90's?  You didn't see guys lasting 10, 15, more years.  Why?  Because the human body isn't built to last that long in this sport.

Well, why do we see such long careers now?

kim-kardashian-money-cash-make-it-rain-m

That's right, Kim.  The players back then weren't paid enough to try and hang around past their expiration dates.  Today, players are doing whatever they can to hang on and get that next contract.  And teams are complicit because of the money they're making off the players.  So, instead of investing in building the next, they're holding on for dear life to squeeze every dollar out of the known.

The reality is guys like JoeLLLL, Kawhi, and others .. their bodies are telling then it's way past time to hang it up.  In decades past, they'd already be gone.

It's not the number of games.  It's not the b2b.  It's them needed to f*cking retire.

ISE 

You're talking cause, i'm talking effect.   They ain't playing the b2b games anyway so what's the point of having them other than putting easy wins on some schedules, or making people think DJ Murray is better than Trae Young.  

• Haha 3

• Premium Member
11 minutes ago, Sothron said:

So some insider information:

Hawks and Nuggets have discussed Hunter/Bogi/2027 NOP pick for MJP and small contracts to match up

This would reunite MJP and Trae and give the Hawks an elite level shooter to start next to JJ while ZR can flip minutes between SF and SG. 

Nuggets bench actually gets help for the first time in years (trust me) and they have the 2027 NOP first to use as trade bait or to keep.

Thoughts? I know MJP played a full season last year but when a guy has screws in his back I'm just leery. Hunter is not what we wanted him to be but he's still a useful rotation player/starter. Bogi is a 6th man candidate every year. Plus we'd lose the 2027 NOP pick.

OTOH having MJP gives the starting five a real shooter to help with spacing and makes things easier for everyone. He's also a big forward and a decent defender as well.

If he's truly healthy I'm on board for all sorts of reasons.  I thought he was worth a flyer when he fell in 2018.

• Like 1