• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

16 minutes ago, RedDawg#8 said:

Or he caught wind of the almost trade to Denver and he had some “last day at my job” words for the team and staff where he got a little too honest lol

Once the deal fell through things were a little awkward so the organization put out the appreciation post to smooth it over. “Just kidding, Dre, we love you” type vibes.

I think it’s funny that people are acting shocked, dismissive, or triggered by anyone speculating on what might have happened.  
Your hunch checks out as a possibility.  We will probably never know.  

• Like 2

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

I think it’s funny that people are acting shocked, dismissive, or triggered by anyone speculating on what might have happened.  
Your hunch checks out as a possibility.  We will probably never know.  

best-left-unexplained-neil-degrasse-tyso

• Premium Member

Shams: Kevin Durant will not sign extension before deadline

i_13_ee_c4_kevin-durant.png?w=190

Kevin Durant and the Phoenix Suns will not sign a contract extension before Monday’s deadline. Durant has two seasons remaining on his contract and is only eligible for a one-year extension. Next offseason, Durant will become eligible for a two-year extension. “I’m told there will not be an extension there for Kevin Durant,” said Shams Charania on NBA Today.

– via RealGM

Nuggets negotiating to extend Aaron Gordon for less than the max

i_67_a8_c6_aaron-gordon.png?w=190
Brian Windhorst: From what I understand, they are negotiating with Aaron Gordon. Aaron Gordon was eligible for a four-year, $150 million-ish contract extension. They haven’t handed out that offer, otherwise he would have signed it. From what I understand, they are negotiating and they’re hopeful of getting him at less than what would be his quote, unquote max. We’ll see if that get that done, but I think they’re trying to do a negotiation there.

– via YouTube

• Premium Member

Yet as De’Aaron Fox told The Athletic on Monday, his choice was about more than the money. It was, he explained, about ensuring these Kings are evolving into legitimate contenders before he decides to sign on for the long term. “For one, I’m in no rush,” said Fox, who was drafted fifth overall by the Kings out of Kentucky in 2017. “For two, I just want to make sure where we’re at, because people have seen the league — like, turnover of a team can happen in the matter of a month or two or six months. I mean, if we were contending for a championship, (it might be different). Like, obviously, (the Boston Celtics’) Jayson (Tatum) just won a championship or (the Miami Heat’s) Bam Adebayo, who has been to the finals twice. I’m just using people who are in my class (who have signed extensions). They’ve already kind of been through that, done that. So yeah, they have that security of (having done) that. For me, obviously, we’re continuing to build.”

via New York Times

1 hour ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Yet as De’Aaron Fox told The Athletic on Monday, his choice was about more than the money. It was, he explained, about ensuring these Kings are evolving into legitimate contenders before he decides to sign on for the long term. “For one, I’m in no rush,” said Fox, who was drafted fifth overall by the Kings out of Kentucky in 2017. “For two, I just want to make sure where we’re at, because people have seen the league — like, turnover of a team can happen in the matter of a month or two or six months. I mean, if we were contending for a championship, (it might be different). Like, obviously, (the Boston Celtics’) Jayson (Tatum) just won a championship or (the Miami Heat’s) Bam Adebayo, who has been to the finals twice. I’m just using people who are in my class (who have signed extensions). They’ve already kind of been through that, done that. So yeah, they have that security of (having done) that. For me, obviously, we’re continuing to build.”

via New York Times

We'll probably be in the same position with Trae next season. That's why this season is so important for the future direction of this team.

• Like 3

• Premium Member
8 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

Instead of trying to get MPJ, I think the Hawks should make some calls to Brooklyn about this guy:

What do you think is the Nets asking price and what should the Hawks be willing to give up?

FYI - hasn't been the picture of health based on his last 3 years 66, 42, 58 games played.

• Thanks 1