• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

6 minutes ago, JayBirdHawk said:

What do you think is the Nets asking price and what should the Hawks be willing to give up?

FYI - hasn't been the picture of health based on his last 3 years 66, 42, 58 games played.

I think there will be a real market for him since most teams are looking for 6’8 3&D players.

at minimum they’ll ask for filler and a first round pick/promising young player.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, ATLHawks3 said:

I think there will be a real market for him since most teams are looking for 6’8 3&D players.

at minimum they’ll ask for filler and a first round pick/promising young player.

This is from back in early September

Brian Lewis of the New York Post recently reported that the Nets have "high demands" in return for the 28-year-old, but what could those demands be?

It's unlikely Brooklyn is asking for a mere first-round pick in negotiations. That figure is likely either doubled or tripled, as the franchise who acquires Johnson will certainly be in the upper echelon of competitiveness. That means the pick the Nets get back will be in the back end of the first-round, forcing whoever wants Johnson to give up more than just one.

It's also possible that Brooklyn is searching for another young high-upside piece as they have all summer, reflected by the likes of Ziaire Williams.

Lewis wouldn't have reported the Nets have "high demands" if Johnson could be had for a small package. After years of being taken advantage of in hindsight, general manager Sean Marks is trying to prevent that from happening again.

• Confused 2

• Premium Member

12 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Say what now?????

That is extremely idiotic if the bucks allow this ! Also MarJon Beauchamp is good young player that gets after it defensively at least from what I’ve seen.

man ….some stars can really miss up their chances with these dumb demands. A move like that sets the locker room back in my opinion.

12 hours ago, JayBirdHawk said:

Well this doesn’t shock me….i don’t think he gets 30 million BUT he was big impact defensively in the playoffs and throughout last season for Orlando.

like dudes defense really stuck out so yeah another year of that and he may shock some of you with the contract that he can truly demand on the market.

i would bet if he has another great defensive year, he could get like 24 million per season. Wouldn’t shock me. I’ve seen worse deals in this era.