• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

3 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

Bogi is a prime trade candidate in my opinion.  He's aging out and injury prone coming off one of his best seasons ever.  I love Bogi and would be sad to see him go but if I'm Landry, I'm absolutely feeling out his trade value

Nah, his game will age gracefully as long as we don't add to his plate.  He's signed for cheap so just let him retire a Hawk.

1 minute ago, AHF said:

I would also do that and would even throw in something else and take back ugly salary like Nance in the deal.  He would be a huge upgrade to our rotation and having DJM no longer playing SG would be hugely positive as well.

Best case scenario this offseason in my eyes is the following swaps

Hunter for Jarrett Allen

DJM for Herb Jones

Both of those players would be so impactful on our defensive metrics it would blow my mind

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, AHF said:

I would also do that and would even throw in something else and take back ugly salary like Nance in the deal.  He would be a huge upgrade to our rotation and having DJM no longer playing SG would be hugely positive as well.

Yup. Not necessarily related, but I think this gets back to my issue that our trades don't have value on the court. Bey is the only trade that has returned value on the court.

This trade probably isn't the best on paper, but it 110% is on the floor. And exactly what Id like to see them do. 

12 minutes ago, Afro said:

I'm pretty sure that I am on record somewhere that I would take a DJM for Herb swap straight up(the contracts dont match for a cheap ass team like the Pelicans though lol)

My only question is.....We've seen what happens when Trae is the *only* ball handler on the court. Is Bogi now starting? Assuming Trae/Herb/JJ/Allen(or whomever) would be penciled in at the other 4 spots. 

Risacher at the 2...

1 minute ago, terrell said:

Risacher at the 2...

Rischacher isn't a ball handler though. That's my point. But Boykin and JJ can probably carry some of that load too. 

I just don't want to go back to the days of Trae being the ONLY ball handler and teams just trap him. 

Edited by Afro

8 minutes ago, Afro said:

This gets back to a good bit of my frustration that I mentioned before. 2 years ago the Mavs and Hawks weren't all that different talent wise. One team decided to make a ton of improvements, another just keeps staying the course at best and shipping dudes off for parts at worst. 

We see good teams get built all over and the Hawks do nothing. Idk how I'm supposed to support that. 

To add: This has absolutely nothing to do with Trae and Luka. 

That's the part that has frustrated me dating back to the Roundfield years. I saw it in the mid-late '80s when Kasten and later Babs sat on the sidelines every summer and trade deadline crying about the salary cap hamstringing them when Nique had to carry a bunch of scrubs, has-beens, and never-weres to being decent while the rest of the East were bringing in real players. I was hoping and wishing that Trae wouldn't experience the same deal that Nique did over 30 years ago but yet here we are...

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, terrell said:

Risacher at the 2...

Absolutely, he is a lengthy 2 for us. 

1 minute ago, Afro said:

So then we have no 3 lol

That’s why we get an established 3 like Kuzma. Risacher is a 2. Covers Trae with length in backcourt

Edited by theheroatl

1 minute ago, theheroatl said:

Absolutely, he is a lengthy 2 for us. 

That’s why we get an established 3 like Kuzma. Risacher is a 2.

I've edited that, Idk why I thought he was quoting me talking about the Allen deal lol. 

It'd be Herb in the scenario he was actually responding to. Which is fine, that's still just zero ball handling from our wings. 

• Admin
24 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Update 

We are talking with Cleveland. Straight swap of hunter for Allen. 

Solid trade for both teams ... I like it for us because we are bringing back a younger defensive center who rebounds and can score down low ... I also like that it would eliminate the need for Ayton.  Hate losing Hunter but he is always injured

• Like 1

1 minute ago, terrell said:

Murray for Herb

Hunter for Allen

I'm in...😂

Now we just wait for the inevitable "welllllllll, they're asking for something we won't give up and we like our roster" 😅

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

• Premium Member

What happens when Trae gets trapped though?  Miami series all over again?

Hopefully JJ can create enough to keep the pressure off him. 

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
7 minutes ago, terrell said:

AJ didn't have value at all..

Here is what some Houston reporters and posters think - short version they are generally thrilled and think they fleeced us:

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Like 17 more pages of this stuff that I'm not combing through.  Although I did see this gem:

image.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, AHF said:

Here is what some Houston reporters and posters think - short version they are generally thrilled and think they fleeced us:

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Like 17 more pages of this stuff that I'm not combing through.  Although I did see this gem:

image.png

Who's gonna tell them? lol

But seriously I never saw it with AJ like that.

But we'll see I guess..

32 minutes ago, Sothron said:

Update 

We are talking with Cleveland. Straight swap of hunter for Allen. 

Do this now— Allen oozes Hawks DNA.  Cleveland may prefer Hunter over Ingram because he is signed for 3 years at a price less than half what Ingram will want. 

I can dream— No Traed | Sigur Ris | Herb | Just Jonesin’ | All En

7 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

This is why I hate tiny guards...

The league is getting bigger and bigger..

Edited by terrell

7 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

This is my one pushback with the whole "Zacc can fit seamlessly with anyone"

Sort of....but as this potential roster shows, his lack of ball handling can be an issue. 

Edited by Afro

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

I said DJM to NOLA. I followed it up with "I believe" BI is in it. I would trust Jakes reporting since he is as close to the Hawks as any of the national reporters. I still believe a deal with the pels is complete just means BI isn't in it. 

Maybe we can get Trey Murphy + Dyson + 2025 picks back. Ultimately sounds like we will lose out on trading Murray though. 

18 minutes ago, theheroatl said:

DeAndre Hunter for Jarrett Allen is a fantastic trade.

Seriously upgrades our defense immediately and improved front court defense - our absolutely biggest issue. Please make it happen.

I’m good with a Jarrett Allen pickup! That’s for sure. I still like Ayton more but defensively Allen is clearly better.

2 minutes ago, AtLaS said:

This worries me too. If we aren’t getting BI and may complete a trade for Allen instead of Ayton. Who else can break down the defense when they start trapping Trae???

Folks may not like BI but he has length to go get a bucket. May not like Ayton but he can legitimately score around the goal and beat 1 on 1 defense.

I don’t like the idea of not having another go to scorer. Just because it didn’t work out with Trae/Murray duo doesn’t mean it wasn’t needed.