• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

1 hour ago, theheroatl said:

Unless a blockbuster in our favor comes across this summer, it's time to set Landry out to pasture.

Being passive with your assets is basically how Masai works.. letting them fade out

Hawks DNA. Passively terrible at asset management

• Moderators
36 minutes ago, Afro said:

That scares me a little with Bogi's health/what happens to him when he plays heavy minutes. 

Better than what we currently have by far. But still a little concerned. I did forget about Boykin though, so nevermind lol. 

image.png

He just played heavy minutes.   His injury issues were all related to that knee he hurt right when we got him.  He didn't have surgery until last year.  

IF the Allen for Hunter trade happens. Trade DJ and Capela for BI and Herb Jones. Or replace Capela for Okongwu and pelicans add lakers first. 

• Like 1

Just now, theheroatl said:

If the @Sothron rumor comes to fruition I’ll back off my hate. If they can’t get a deal done for Allen, smh.

I’ll back off a bit. 

Get this deal done for Allen and don’t lose out on the deal for Murray .

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, DS5 said:

IF the Allen for Hunter trade happens. Trade DJ and Capela for BI and Herb Jones. Or replace Capela for Okongwu and pelicans add lakers first. 

Man I wish that would happen!

I really thought it was possible but I can’t trust this FO until I actually see things happen.

• Thanks 1

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, Hawkish said:

Do this now— Allen oozes Hawks DNA.  Cleveland may prefer Hunter over Ingram because he is signed for 3 years at a price less than half what Ingram will want. 

I can dream— No Traed | Sigur Ris | Herb | Just Jonesin’ | All En

An Icelandic post rock reference on the Squawk?  Nice.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
26 minutes ago, AHF said:

Here is what some Houston reporters and posters think - short version they are generally thrilled and think they fleeced us:

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

image.png

Like 17 more pages of this stuff that I'm not combing through.  Although I did see this gem:

image.png

Utah was ecstatic to get JC too.  Let's check back in a year.

• Like 1

• Premium Member
30 minutes ago, terrell said:

Murray for Herb

Hunter for Allen

I'm in...😂

Me too.  I am certain the Pelicans aren't on board for that one though.  Cleveland, maybe, as I do think that trade makes sense for both teams.  Hopefully we can work something out, always liked Allen

• Like 2

• Premium Member
5 minutes ago, AHF said:

Miami series was as much or more about Capela being out and JC being a cripple.  We had so many problems to overcome and they were a good team that was well coached.

I’m fine relying on Bufkin, Bogi and whatever minimum salary vet we sign to come off the bench.

Also we didn't have JJ that can take advantage of the double.  Even what I've seen from Risacher, he seems to have great instincts on when and how to attack

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, Afro said:

Now we just wait for the inevitable "welllllllll, they're asking for something we won't give up and we like our roster" 😅

That would be as predictable as a Hulk Hogan match from 1987...