• Current Donation Goals

• Raised $440 of $700 target

2024-25 Insider Thread

AHF

• Premium Member
12 minutes ago, KB21 said:

So clear watching this what types of guys our front office is targeting.  Everyone they have honed in on seems to be versatile on the court and humble, gracious, and willing to work (i.e follow the development plan).  Makes total sense that this is the vision given how much the org has invested in development and coaching.  I personally love the approach, lots of great seeds being planted, but still TBD on what sprouts.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, JeffS17 said:

So clear watching this what types of guys our front office is targeting.  Everyone they have honed in on seems to be versatile on the court and humble, gracious, and willing to work (i.e follow the development plan).  Makes total sense that this is the vision given how much the org has invested in development and coaching.  I personally love the approach, lots of great seeds being planted, but still TBD on what sprouts.

I like it too, but I've always been a fan of how the Spurs do things.  That's what Landry is modeling after.  He learned with San Antonio.

Edited by KB21
  • Like 1

• Moderators
Just now, KB21 said:

I like it too, but I've always been a fan of how the Spurs do things.  That's what Landry is modeling after.  He learned with San Antonio.

I'm curious about this rep for the Spurs though.   I mean what have they done successfully since Duncan retired in terms of team building?  I think it's been 8 years.  

• Thanks 1

• Premium Member
20 minutes ago, AHF said:

Miami series was as much or more about Capela being out and JC being a cripple.  We had so many problems to overcome and they were a good team that was well coached.

I’m fine relying on Bufkin, Bogi and whatever minimum salary vet we sign to come off the bench.

While I agree JC/Capela injuries played a role, I think it's a bit overstated.  IMO he still would have had a horrid series even with them healthy.  Maybe less bad but Trae couldn't escape at all.  After game 2 he was playing scared and he didn't even want the ball.  I've never seen him lose confidence like that regardless of who he was playing with.  

Trae was so unbelievably bad in that series, he averaged 15, 5 and 6 on 31% FG, 18% 3PT, and 6.2 turnovers.  JC and CC didn't make that big a difference IMO.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

image.png.e8ac1ccf7146a10aca0efde3c2b2b8fc.png

Trae + Ris + Jalen is a great base to work with.  If you have Bogi with Risacher on the perimeter and Trae in the PnR, that will be a nightmare to cover.  

If we could land herb jones and Jarrett Allen that would be awesome.

honestly 2-4 seems interchangeable in Synders scheme. We may accept Trey Murphy + picks from the Pels if we can’t get Herb.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Final_quest said:

image.png.e8ac1ccf7146a10aca0efde3c2b2b8fc.png

Trae + Ris + Jalen is a great base to work with.  If you have Bogi with Risacher on the perimeter and Trae in the PnR, that will be a nightmare to cover.  

Can you imagine the size, length, defense on this lineup around trae?

Trae-Risacher-JJ-Herb Jones-Jarett Allen...

I'm drooling over this lineup

57 minutes ago, JTB said:

Maybe we can get Trey Murphy + Dyson + 2025 picks back. Ultimately sounds like we will lose out on trading Murray though. 

I’m good with a Jarrett Allen pickup! That’s for sure. I still like Ayton more but defensively Allen is clearly better.

This worries me too. If we aren’t getting BI and may complete a trade for Allen instead of Ayton. Who else can break down the defense when they start trapping Trae???

Folks may not like BI but he has length to go get a bucket. May not like Ayton but he can legitimately score around the goal and beat 1 on 1 defense.

I don’t like the idea of not having another go to scorer. Just because it didn’t work out with Trae/Murray duo doesn’t mean it wasn’t needed.

Trey murphy is not available 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, JTB said:

honestly 2-4 seems interchangeable in Synders scheme. We may accept Trey Murphy + picks from the Pels if we can’t get Herb.

Do you think they value Herb over Murphy?  Enough to add picks?

1 hour ago, terrell said:

So Herb Jones it is? lol

Herb or a picks package I do not know. Dyson is almost a given in it given both team situations and how the Hawks have felt about him since the draft

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

Trey murphy is not available 

Yeah I keep saying the reason BI is on the outs is to make room for Murphy there.  Folks gotta pay attention in class. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kg01 said:

Yeah I keep saying the reason BI is on the outs is to make room for Murphy there.  Folks gotta pay attention in class. 

They attended their history classes, but they skipped math.  Hence why it isn’t adding up 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, kg01 said:

I know that but they gotta make something shake!

if BI is routed somewhere else and Herb is untouchable are we really just going to give away DJ for picks ????

I guess so that’s what it’s starting to sound like from @Mikey. Oh and Dyson who I also like but not for Murray and picks smh. Hopefully that’s not the trade our FO is willing to accept.

47 minutes ago, AHF said:

Miami series was as much or more about Capela being out and JC being a cripple.  We had so many problems to overcome and they were a good team that was well coached.

I’m fine relying on Bufkin, Bogi and whatever minimum salary vet we sign to come off the bench.

And Nate's refusal to make any changes. 

7 minutes ago, Mikey said:

Herb or a picks package I do not know. Dyson is almost a given in it given both team situations and how the Hawks have felt about him since the draft

It need to be herb or once again Landry has loss on yet another trade. 

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, JTB said:

Edited by hylndr11